UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Issues Statement on Matt Brown’s Comments

1/9/14 9:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC Issues Statement on Matt Brown’s Controversial Podcast Comment

In a podcast he created with a couple friends, UFC welterweight Matt Brown made a comment about female fighters that ruffled a few feathers.

“I always said, ‘I don’t know why they put women in the UFC.’ Now I know why,” Brown said, noting that women UFC viewers seemed to flocked to the television when women fought, as if the Kardashians had filled the screen.

“I just think this, if I’m [going] to pay $60 for a [UFC] Pay-Per-View to watch women fight, they should at least be topless.”

The podcast, which was hosted on SoundCloud, was later removed.

The UFC on Thursday issued the following statement to MMAWeekly.com in regard to Brown’s comments:

“Matt Brown has apologized for the comments made on his podcast, and we have addressed the matter with him. His comments don’t reflect the views of the UFC. There’s no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. The UFC is built on principles of respect, and any statements to the contrary are not acceptable.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-issues-statement-on-matt-browns-controversial-podcast-comment
1/9/14 9:54 PM
Soul Gravy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread title should state "UFC, as always, tucks."
1/9/14 9:55 PM
youarewhatiswrong
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - UFC Issues Statement on Matt Brown’s Controversial Podcast Comment

In a podcast he created with a couple friends, UFC welterweight Matt Brown made a comment about female fighters that ruffled a few feathers.

“I always said, ‘I don’t know why they put women in the UFC.’ Now I know why,” Brown said, noting that women UFC viewers seemed to flocked to the television when women fought, as if the Kardashians had filled the screen.

“I just think this, if I’m [going] to pay $60 for a [UFC] Pay-Per-View to watch women fight, they should at least be topless.”

The UFC on Thursday issued the following statement to MMAWeekly.com in regard to Brown’s comments:

“Matt Brown has apologized for the comments made on his podcast, and we have addressed the matter with him. His comments don’t reflect the views of the UFC. There’s no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. The UFC is built on principles of respect, and any statements to the contrary are not acceptable.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-issues-statement-on-matt-browns-controversial-podcast-comment

Good enough, leave it at that.

But it's not discrimination. They want to be equal. The men fight topless. What's the problem?
1/9/14 9:57 PM
cwb100
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wana see some titties too Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 9:57 PM
DoomFarmer
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/14 9:57 PM
Whoever the sad little nerd from here was that made this a story in the first place should feel like a huge bitch.
1/9/14 10:02 PM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yawn, nanny state pc flufferries.

1/9/14 10:11 PM
RicGillespie

Soul Gravy - Thread title should state "UFC, as always, tucks."

Looks like Matt Brown did the tucking.
1/9/14 10:14 PM
Right Hand JO Power
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should make him wear a sports bra in his next fight, lololol. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:14 PM
drmmr

It is not surprising coming from Matt Brown. Not quite the sharpest tool in the shed.

I would not be surprised if he dipped when he fights..

1/9/14 10:15 PM
WhiskeyWithered
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's suck horse doo doo, Rogan and Dana say way more controversial shit than that. Ufc needs to grow a backbone and stop apologizing all the time Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:51 PM
UGCTT_TFK_UncleSam
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt brown says what's on his mind. Being that kind of a person can be a curse and a blessing. What he said doesn't take anything away from him as a fighter. So all the people who sucked his dick for his style, should continue to do so. Myself included. Don't hate a fighter for their actions outside the cage. Let matt brown the fighter and matt brown the everyday guy be two different people, it's much easier that way. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 10:51 PM
CaptainAhab
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/14 10:53 PM
Joe Rogan has a podcast in which he regularly promotes the use of ILLEGAL DRUGS. No problems from Dana.

Matt Brown makes a bit of a locker room joke and gets reprimanded.

Fuck that. Dana White can't handle legit man shit.
1/9/14 11:02 PM
CaptainAhab
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/14 11:05 PM
You calm down there, hoss.

Apparently telling the teenagers listening to your podcast about how awesome psychedelics are is fine behavior for a high profile representative of the UFC. (I mean, lots of legitimate sports have their most recognizable personalities openly promoting drug use, right?)

But if a fighter says he likes boobs, that crossing the line, man.
1/9/14 11:11 PM
crazydave
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown is entitled to his opinion espectially as he is a "contractor" not an actual employee. 

1/9/14 11:17 PM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - UFC Issues Statement on Matt Brown’s Controversial Podcast Comment

LOL! Now the UFC is built on priniciples of respect?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHHAA

Just watch this and think about that statement...

1/10/14 1:39 AM
JimmersonzGlove
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starts legit manly show...apologized the first week....bummer lol

1/10/14 1:58 AM
Gino_Corona

They would have to get boob jobs first if I'm going to pay for that! Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 2:00 AM
thebasher

I would take boobs over drugs. Ideally I'd like both but I've had a good think about it and I'm going with boobs
1/10/14 2:01 AM
SOO72

Sensor your god damned president if you really give a shit about public perception of the UFC.
1/10/14 2:07 AM
RingStinger
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And not a single thing is being said about Rhonda stating she would like to use Fedor as a Breeding Stud. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 2:08 AM
andyloveshugs

Edited: 01/10/14 2:08 AM
CaptainAhab - You calm down there, hoss.

Apparently telling the teenagers listening to your podcast about how awesome psychedelics are is fine behavior for a high profile representative of the UFC. (I mean, lots of legitimate sports have their most recognizable personalities openly promoting drug use, right?)

But if a fighter says he likes boobs, that crossing the line, man.

shut the fuck up, faggot. every beer commercial that airs during ufc events is a much more high profile advocation of much more dangerous drug use. 

1/10/14 2:44 AM
StocktonStickerSlap

So the legit man podcast was too legit? Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:16 AM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StocktonStickerSlap - So the legit man podcast was too legit? Phone Post 3.0
Pretty much this. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:20 AM
HavoKStaaL
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking disgusting that he had to apologize, he didn't say anything bad, only his own opinion on WMMA

People are such pussies these days getting offended by everything. Brown having to apologize for that is just...yuck grw some balls UFC
1/10/14 3:22 AM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptainAhab - Joe Rogan has a podcast in which he regularly promotes the use of ILLEGAL DRUGS. No problems from Dana.

Matt Brown makes a bit of a locker room joke and gets reprimanded.

Fuck that. Dana White can't handle legit man shit.
Rogan had clout like that, hes been around forever he is a link in the chain, rogan is a comedian and dana knows that even if he says something in appropriate he can always fall back on "well he's a comedian"the worst thing rogan has said on UFC air/broadcast/ppv was the "comes from behind more than lance bass" Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.