UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie wants to show jiu-jitsu is still the best

1/9/14 11:18 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Kron Gracie is one of the most prolific jiu-jitsu fighters in the world and is currently negotating his MMA debut. One of his goals is to prove that jiu-jitsu is still the most effective martial art:

While Kron's offense oriented style of grappling is sure to entertain in MMA, he is also known for speaking his mind and MMA fans get a taste of that here as well.

On learning striking he commented:

Taking fists in the face is not as difficult as I thought. Jiu-Jitsu is a lot harder than Boxing, more complex sport.

And closed with:

I'm here to show that Jiu-Jitsu is still the best martial art.

read entire article... 

1/9/14 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
irishrottie
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That attitude is why there hasnt been a gracie come close to making a run at a title in a long time.

1/9/14 11:23 PM
FETT_WTT_TFK_UGCTT_pennviachoke
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Kron!!

I'm going to one of his seminars next month Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:28 PM
StocktonStickerSlap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll get eaten alive in mma. Should stick to BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:29 PM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here to show Jiu-jitsu is the best? More like here to cash in off of his last name.... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:30 PM
Caught_clean
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ is the best... if you are only allowed to train one art and so is your opponent. Its 2014, you cannot win at the high level without being superb at all facets.
1/9/14 11:33 PM
Sovereign
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie -

That attitude is why there hasnt been a gracie come close to making a run at a title in a long time.

Ahem, you are forgetting about Vitor. He was almost a Gracie. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:35 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Kron subs them all.

1/9/14 11:37 PM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well we have to give him a chance like everyone else Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 11:40 PM
Caught_clean

That said Kron will have some awesome BJJ for mma, hes not a point fighter, is very aggressive and only goes for the kill, will be interesting if he can make it work.
1/10/14 12:00 AM
I submit cats

The absolute perfect style of BJJ for MMA. Rickson 2.0 is coming, ladies and gentlemen. Kron by RNC
1/10/14 12:18 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Weidman will crush this noob Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:23 AM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% pure zhootisu (cross trained with boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, judo) all over again? ;)
1/10/14 12:26 AM
sparkuri

This thread is 76 days late. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:40 AM
Blunted Ninja

sparkuri - This thread is 76 days late. Phone Post 3.0
LOL. VU.

Also I want to believe Kron. My body is ready. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:44 AM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as it will always be cool and exciting to see a Gracie come back and do well, without extensive cross training, id say its nearly impossible to get top level and stay top level (top 5) in MMA.

Im not saying Kron would have to become GSP level of everything else, he could still rely on subs as his main goal but the level of everything else is just so high right now, a primary submission fighter has such an uphill battle. Esp with 5 min rounds, gloves, grease, only wearing shorts, standups.

And then there is the greater distance to close against top strikers with great footwork and top level wrestling in addition to legit ground/submission ability as well as the level of fighters being able to stand back up.

In BJJ, both guys stay on the ground for 15-20 min or whatever....
1/10/14 12:52 AM
Blitzkegel
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blunted Ninja -
sparkuri - This thread is 76 days late. Phone Post 3.0
LOL. VU.

Also I want to believe Kron. My body is ready. Phone Post 3.0
VU, body ready! Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:52 AM
Humboldt
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YHTOMIT2001 - Here to show Jiu-jitsu is the best? More like here to cash in off of his last name.... Phone Post 3.0
Cash in off his last name?

Odd. I have to say, looking at Kron today, my first inclination is that this is a young man who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. When he fought ayoki, the energy between him and his father...fn goosebumps.

Not too mention how much Rockson must play into all of this? Or could at least.

Sorry man. No disrespect, but I don't think you could be farther from the truth w your assessment of Kron. He is no joke, this young man is very serious about his endeavor. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:03 AM
ams
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He trains with many talented mma fighters at Caesar Gracie so hopefully he will we pretty well rounded Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:05 AM
Wasa-B

YHTOMIT2001 - Here to show Jiu-jitsu is the best? More like here to cash in off of his last name.... Phone Post 3.0

Ignorance is not cool, bro.
1/10/14 1:06 AM
Wasa-B

ams - He trains with many talented mma fighters at Caesar Gracie so hopefully he will we pretty well rounded Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, thats probably one of the best camps a BJJ based guy could train at. He has technical BJJ guys with great MMA adaption in the Diaz bros. A wrestler/bjjer in Shields and a wrestler/boxer in Gil.
1/10/14 1:21 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

Uh, no....that has more to do with the Gracies being a family made up of mostlly notmal dudes and non world class athletes competing in a sport with an increasing level of much higher end athletees coming in, all of which who train in the sfyle they made famous.
1/10/14 1:43 AM
ChaosOverkill
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stopped reading at "If God wills"

1/10/14 2:02 AM
Koreanyachtteam
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he is training at Cesar's then he is getting the full sha bang. Perez is a great boxing coach and shields is a great wrestler. Not to mention the Diaz Bros and Gil. I know that some one brought that up, but I think the difference comes from him being Rickson's don as well. It's not cashing in it's living up to that name. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 2:04 AM
thebasher

its a stupid patronising statement and typical of the gracies but hey good luck to him

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.