UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "BJJ? That's like the gayest sport there is!!!!"

1/10/14 9:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
2248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/14 11:39 AM
Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

LOL! This vid makes the rounds every few years and I still think it's funny. It's from the Heather Graham sitcom "Emily's Reasons Why not"

Show of hands of anyone who plays "YMCA" at their gym?

Anyone?

Anyone?

LOL.

P.S. Interesting fact: This show aired one episode and got such abysmal ratings that they never aired another one.
1/10/14 11:38 AM
Jits_n_Hoez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They can suck my balls Phone Post
1/10/14 11:40 AM
Brabo Ben
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We play the conga song during warmup, is that gay?!.... Yeah I guess it is Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 11:55 AM
clattymine
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it gay that I know other men simply by their scent now?  Yeah ... maybe a little..

1/10/14 11:55 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have a great locker room with a top sauna and the best showers made.

The whole gym, of course, is just a locker room. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 12:04 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although this is kind of funny, I am sick of people telling me BJJ is gay when I tell them I train. Just once I would love for someone to come to my gym, and put their money where their mouth is.

1/10/14 1:13 PM
ryans
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not ghey just because we take our gis off after and rub up against each other; it gets crowded in the changing room!
1/10/14 1:22 PM
Diazs Chronic J

The writer of the episode obviously never fought before.... If he had, he probably got put to sleep by somebody that did BJJ. Wow peoples, stupidity these days... Smh. The only ones that see it as "gay" are the ones thinking about it and are most likely G A Y !!!! Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:34 PM
lildragonof
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one made eye contact while rolling, so no not gay. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:36 PM
RamK
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever.

Not like we aren't all secretly gay anyway.
1/10/14 1:50 PM
Pablo Duke
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's only gay if you cuddle after Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:58 PM
ryans
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pablo Duke - It's only gay if you cuddle after Phone Post 3.0

So you're saying it IS ghey?
1/10/14 2:22 PM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of us who study the art have been the subject of this "criticism" before, but what I don't get is why don't those who feel this way think wrestling is "gay" too?  Why is the wrestling they saw in high school and college and watch every four years in the Olympics not gay, but BJJ is gay? 

No one's ever explained that to me when I ask after they make a joke about BJJ's "gay-ness."  I always ask, and they always just get a confused look like that's never occurred to them before, sort of agree, shrug their shoulders, and change the subject. 

1/10/14 2:23 PM
donkypunch55
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT croy_00 -

Although this is kind of funny, I am sick of people telling me BJJ is gay when I tell them I train. Just once I would love for someone to come to my gym, and put their money where their mouth is.

Wait, put their mouth where?!

Beep. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 2:45 PM
Ryazzo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol back in college me and my buddy were rolling in the mat room at the school fitness center. I had lifted him up and started the shimmy to break his guard. At that moment we looked over and a group of really hot girls were all looking in the window laughing at us...

Last time we trained at school.
1/11/14 12:17 AM
RamK
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryazzo - Lol back in college me and my buddy were rolling in the mat room at the school fitness center. I had lifted him up and started the shimmy to break his guard. At that moment we looked over and a group of really hot girls were all looking in the window laughing at us...

Last time we trained at school.

Why?
1/11/14 12:53 AM
Ooooh Yeah

Judo for hipsters Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 1:18 AM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing make a man feel more 'gay' than knowing another man can do ANYTHING they want to to them and they cant stop it. They try to pre-empt the horrified feeling of helplessness that comes with the wave of fear that Royce Gracie put in every man who doesnt understand subbmision grappling.

1/11/14 1:40 AM
McSurly
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank god I'm an old man now (43) and could not give two shits if anyone thinks I'm gay cause I roll. Maybe when I was in my 20s I would have gotten offended, but after being called faggot by hundreds of drunken assholes I've thrown out of bars, the shits just funny now. I don't argue with anyone who calls BJJ gay, I just laugh and agree, and go back to my beer and whatever book I'm reading. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 2:10 AM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy damn that made me laugh Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 2:40 AM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who doesn't love the cock? I mean chokes....

1/11/14 8:27 AM
CHiLLEN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao. First time seeing this. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 12:12 PM
MountainMedic
727 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McSurly - Thank god I'm an old man now (43) and could not give two shits if anyone thinks I'm gay cause I roll. Maybe when I was in my 20s I would have gotten offended, but after being called faggot by hundreds of drunken assholes I've thrown out of bars, the shits just funny now. I don't argue with anyone who calls BJJ gay, I just laugh and agree, and go back to my beer and whatever book I'm reading. Phone Post 3.0
Laugh every time I see that clip Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 12:34 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very funny vid.  VU.

We used to watch DVD's of UFC and Prides on slow Sunday day-shifts at the last club I worked.  Just one (1) montitor over in the corner.  A one-off bootleg because both the manager and I had to work Saturday nights.  (Shhhhh....don't tell Dana).

Some of the new entertainers would watch and comment that the grappling portions were gay.  Giggling while me and the manager watched the fights.

They thought that it was gay until they would see violent folks get put to sleep, in live demonstrations.

Afterwards, they would decide grappling was pretty cool, and agreed it made their g-strings just wet as striking.

1/11/14 12:36 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

who doesn't love the cock? I mean chokes....

You mean cock chokes right?

Or was it clock choke?

I forget... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.