UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/11/14 7:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProteinBake
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0

So you think that Cain should be forced to fight DC? Nick forced to fight Nate? Anderson forced to fight Lyoto?

Surely fighters should be able to turn down fights for other reasons.
ChaosOverkill
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0

Dana did it to Vitor in the MW division until he realized what he can make in Brazil and ANderson is on the shelf. It was "Vitor doesn't deserve a rematch" even after some of his most violent victories.

da Vinci 81
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - 
gum989 - Lol at you guys, getting mad that people get to find out who is scared of who.

clearly no one is mad. but people exactly like you are the problem here. you can't fathom that there might be a reason other than 'being scared' that Nate wouldn't take the fight?

Well if it was a legit reason I doubt Dana would have any reason to post this. Nate probably said something like "oh, nobody knows who he is, not worth it" which is hardly a good reason when Khabib's a top ten.
1/11/14 7:36 PM
VinegarStrokes
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/14 7:36 PM
MoomBah - 

Nate turned the fight down

Respect for Jake for taking the Lombard fight. Looks like the only guy from the scrap pack that wants the tough fights.

Its a shame...

1/11/14 7:36 PM
Inspector Lunge
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate and Gil should be cut unless they have a legitimate injury.

1/11/14 7:37 PM
ProteinBake
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
ProteinBake - 
gum989 - Lol at you guys, getting mad that people get to find out who is scared of who.

clearly no one is mad. but people exactly like you are the problem here. you can't fathom that there might be a reason other than 'being scared' that Nate wouldn't take the fight?

Well if it was a legit reason I doubt Dana would have any reason to post this. Nate probably said something like "oh, nobody knows who he is, not worth it" which is hardly a good reason when Khabib's a top ten.

Well, you are probably right. I understand what you are saying. But the bottom line is...we dont' know the reason and it only makes Nate look bad.
1/11/14 7:38 PM
VinegarStrokes
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/14 7:38 PM
ProteinBake - 

So you think that Cain should be forced to fight DC? Nick forced to fight Nate? Anderson forced to fight Lyoto?

That reason would not apply here.

1/11/14 7:38 PM
da Vinci 81
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - 

For legit reasons it's fine. But Nate's been whining about deserving another title shot and here he is turning down a top ten guy. He's not doing himself any favours with this.
1/11/14 7:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz turns down every fight offered right now, but if tomorrow he said yes to any fight Dana would back the brinks truck up and turn into fight promoter Dana again. Let the fighters create the drama.

1/11/14 7:39 PM
WarmASStar's Moobs
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I checked Dana's twitter and didn't see any of this posted...Was it deleted or is this a troll job?
1/11/14 7:41 PM
ProteinBake

VinegarStrokes - 
ProteinBake - 

That reason would not apply here.

I understand that....but my response was to Joemacka saying that fighters should only be able to turn down fights for medical reasons. I'm not talking about nate-khabib. We don't know the reason for that, as of now.
1/11/14 7:41 PM
ufc98newb
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Johnson would have been a decent scrap at this point. He's probably not on Khabib's level at this point, but if everybody else is turning him down, I'd love to watch that fight.
1/11/14 7:42 PM
dhughes
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's in a difficult spot - insanely talented but not well known. The top guys see no upside in fighting him.

I'm sure someone will step up and so long as he keeps winning, people will notice.
1/11/14 7:42 PM
Gfropr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diego Sanchez Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 7:45 PM
ProteinBake

WarmASStar's Moobs - I checked Dana's twitter and didn't see any of this posted...Was it deleted or is this a troll job?

check Khabib's twitter
1/11/14 7:47 PM
ChaosOverkill

And for the Record my lightweight favorite is Champ right now, so I don't support one of these guys over the other, I've just had enough of Dana putting his nose where it make things into a circus of lies.

1/11/14 7:51 PM
VinegarStrokes

I would take Khabib in that fight for sure. Nate is tough but Khabib is a monster.

1/11/14 7:52 PM
ProteinBake

BW92 - Annnnnnd Nate just tweeted a youtube link to the song "F U Pay Me" by Tech N9ne. So yeah guys frustrated Phone Post 3.0

there you go.
1/11/14 7:56 PM
VinegarStrokes

Edited: 01/11/14 7:56 PM
BW92 - Nates made it clear that he's paid his dues and wants bigger names so I understand his spot. He's become frustrated about all these tooth and nail fights he's gone through and isn't handled like a top guy, same as his brother was. He's being him, Nate ain't scared. And while Gilbert isn't either, I think he's got a worse case than Nate. He's 1-1 in the UFC, he shouldn't be turning down fights with other contenders already Phone Post 3.0

He has had nothing but big names for a while actually. And Khabib is a stud at 21-0 and beating him would go a LONG way toward Nate getting another title shot. I am not saying Nate is scared but it sure doesn't look like he wants the fight either.

1/11/14 7:57 PM
shaqitup
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does DAna throw his guys under the bus like it's nothing?

1/11/14 8:01 PM
VinegarStrokes

ProteinBake - 
BW92 - Annnnnnd Nate just tweeted a youtube link to the song "F U Pay Me" by Tech N9ne. So yeah guys frustrated Phone Post 3.0

there you go.

Looking at Nate's pay from the Maynard fight is he seriously only getting 15/15? Dude should have gotten a new manager a LONG time ago if that's his pay scale. 

1/11/14 8:02 PM
ufc98newb
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate is the number 5 lw, khabib is no. 7. Nate has already been destroyed by Benson and Thomson ahead of him. Grant and Pettis are on the shelf--not that he deserves Pettis in any world. He obviously won't fight Melendez. Dos Anjos, at 6, is no bigger name than Khabib. He already beat Cerrone, who is at 8, Miller at 9, and Maynard at 10.

I don't get who he thinks he should be fighting.
1/11/14 8:05 PM
MRG1
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoomBah - 

Nate turned the fight down

Respect for Jake for taking the Lombard fight. Looks like the only guy from the scrap pack that wants the tough fights.

Why would nate want to fight a hungry, strong wrestler/sambo guy? Probably not good for him.

1/11/14 8:06 PM
ChaosOverkill

Nate unhappy with pay, boss becomes promoter for potential opponent to call him scared. Seems legit.

1/11/14 8:06 PM
JoshSanchez
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that made me laugh

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.