UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

1/11/14 8:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate unhappy with pay, boss becomes promoter for potential opponent to call him scared. Seems legit.

1/11/14 8:06 PM
JoshSanchez
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - Annnnnnd Nate just tweeted a youtube link to the song "F U Pay Me" by Tech N9ne. So yeah guys frustrated Phone Post 3.0

that made me laugh

1/11/14 8:07 PM
JoshSanchez
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/11/14 8:11 PM
ufc98newb
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate signed a new contract before his title fight with Benson, and he probably hasn't performed well enough to justify a pay raise since then.

God knows what his contract is, but I think most would agree there is much more to it than the 15/15 that keeps getting listed for his fights.
1/11/14 8:11 PM
MursSkullForBarnettsThrone
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Gilbert turned it down because he wasn't guaranteed a title shot if he won? Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 8:15 PM
VinegarStrokes
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am usually critical of Nate and his antics but in this case I can't blame him. He is a top LW and only got 15k for his last 2 fights which is really low for a guy of his level.

1/11/14 8:19 PM
tetris
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy is a fucking animal. I hope gil wins the belt and khabib challenges him because that would be an i credible dogfight. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 8:21 PM
gum989
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - Annnnnnd Nate just tweeted a youtube link to the song "F U Pay Me" by Tech N9ne. So yeah guys frustrated Phone Post 3.0

Tech N9ne is the GOAT. And Strange Music is the GOAT label.
1/11/14 8:23 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't believe Dana, pretty much ever.

Gilbert is not the type to just "turn down" a fight.

He said he wanted this fight in an interview a few months ago.

Nate Diaz has a long history of taking tough fights when they may not benefit his career. (Josh T. Rory.)

I call bullshit.

1/11/14 8:27 PM
devils advocate

Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0

ha

Blazing Knees

ChaosOverkill - 

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

lol- Dana knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

He's seeing who wants to step up and fight Khabib and calling out the 'fighters' who won't take the fight. I think it's perfect.

GayGuardMooseSaucy
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And ppl act like boxing is where the cherry picking happens....... Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 8:33 PM
anti_hate101
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

He's seeing who wants to step up and fight Khabib and calling out the 'fighters' who won't take the fight. I think it's perfect.

yeh this... how many great fights have we seen as a result of this kind of push n shove. seems to be the way it is and obv no prob with nate going for a better purse also.
1/11/14 8:37 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

155RMMA - I'd do it in a heartbeat if I ever got the opportunity. Hopefully now that Keizer is leaving I may be able to get a Nevada license. Phone Post 3.0
TRT? Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 9:04 PM
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/14 9:07 PM
anti_hate101 - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

yeh this... how many great fights have we seen as a result of this kind of push n shove. seems to be the way it is and obv no prob with nate going for a better purse also.

Yeah only problem, the fighters are catching on that Dana's support comes with strings and is conditional you do what he says or this happens.

He's not the product, it's time the product do the talking for itself. Most people here blast Connor for talking smack, then when Dana does it like some baby sitter they praise it. Absurd.

And again, what is the purpose of doing it on twitter other than the attention HE gets out of it. He can call out divisions in private and not have it be about him but no, it has to be on twitter where he'll get the attention and the star power void continues because people look to him for cues and progress.

1/11/14 9:11 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

155RMMA - I'd do it in a heartbeat if I ever got the opportunity. Hopefully now that Keizer is leaving I may be able to get a Nevada license. Phone Post 3.0
Hi Vitor. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 9:12 PM
ChaosOverkill

We get none of the facts or reasons for people turning down the fights, yet you Danaphiles assume he's on the level and we should all trust him when he's given ample reason we and more importantly the fighters shouldn't.

1/11/14 9:23 PM
ElChalas
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call trolling! I don't see that on Dana's timeline Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 9:27 PM
Inspector Lunge
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElChalas - I call trolling! I don't see that on Dana's timeline Phone Post 3.0

Get some glasses then. Direct link to tweet:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/422149604470059008

1/11/14 9:28 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

suprise, suprise Dana being a douche once again.
1/11/14 9:30 PM
daba

ufc98newb - Nate signed a new contract before his title fight with Benson, and he probably hasn't performed well enough to justify a pay raise since then.

God knows what his contract is, but I think most would agree there is much more to it than the 15/15 that keeps getting listed for his fights.

why do you think there is much more to it than 15/15? only a few guys get PPV points and he's not likely one of them. his last fight he got 15/15 so i don't really see how his contract would be for something else.
1/11/14 9:32 PM
daba

circa305 - 15/15 dont sound right. Thought he was guaranteed a 6 figure contract for winning TUF.

15/15 does qualify as a 6 figure contract the way they have it setup. i forget the exact terms but the contract is over the course of a number of fights. so it's basically 100K over a number of fights nowhere near 100K a fight. after taxes it's actually really crappy for a pro athlete.
Morpheus1976
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

This, throwing Nate under the bus,destroys his credits.
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

god Dana's a lowlife.
1/11/14 9:33 PM
ProteinBake
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be interested in Diego/Khabib

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.