UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

1/11/14 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chomas
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew Gil was scared of him, was hoping I was wrong but I knoew I wasn't.

1/11/14 9:43 PM
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - Keep throwin' your fighters under the bus asshole, then wonder why every fighter besides the Champ is referred to as a "Can" by his army of Troll followers. nobody has any respect for these guys and why should they when their "boss" treats them like pieces of shit?

What are you babbling about?  Just utter nonsense, get ahold of yourself, homie.

1/11/14 9:46 PM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so Nate gets paid 15/15...but is constantly put as main event status in cards...that's just not fair... Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 9:46 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

I don't get why no one wants to fight him, he's had several fights in the UFC and is a very good talent, beating him means a lot imho.

I thought fighters pride themselves on "never turning down a fight".
1/11/14 9:47 PM
Lick Boners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PumnGz2xe8

"This is our division, we gonna beat your asses. That's what's up."

1/11/14 9:49 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - Keep throwin' your fighters under the bus asshole, then wonder why every fighter besides the Champ is referred to as a "Can" by his army of Troll followers. nobody has any respect for these guys and why should they when their "boss" treats them like pieces of shit?

What are you babbling about?  Just utter nonsense, get ahold of yourself, homie.

exhibit 1. I knew Gil was scared of him, was hoping I was wrong but I knoew I wasn't.

he didn't call Gil a "can" but Gil's scared? really nobody's scared at this level (unless it's maybe a BJJ guy in a standup fight.

1/11/14 9:49 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

I guess that's what Fitch was referring to an "hostile work environment", it seems the relationship with the fighters isn't what it should be.
1/11/14 9:50 PM
Madmuzzy

I find it weird why Gil wouldnt fight Khabib becuase i think if you can keep his wrestling to a minimum you can definitely out strike him.
1/11/14 9:50 PM
Card
2112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/11/14 9:52 PM
PitbullTodd

Lick Boners - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PumnGz2xe8

"This is our division, we gonna beat your asses. That's what's up."

LOL
1/11/14 9:53 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/14 9:53 PM
Card - 

WHAT? Something contrary to Dana's butthurt twitter whining from someone close to Gil?

I DON'T BELIEVE IT. This is about Dana's butthurt he can't fill a slot on his time schedule not fear of Khabib. Big surprise!

1/11/14 9:53 PM
mghan44
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

Might've disagreed with you a bit on the OG, but voted up here. Agree 100%. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 9:55 PM
Blazing Knees

ChaosOverkill - 
anti_hate101 - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

lol- Dana knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

He's seeing who wants to step up and fight Khabib and calling out the 'fighters' who won't take the fight. I think it's perfect.

yeh this... how many great fights have we seen as a result of this kind of push n shove. seems to be the way it is and obv no prob with nate going for a better purse also.

Yeah only problem, the fighters are catching on that Dana's support comes with strings and is conditional you do what he says or this happens.

He's not the product, it's time the product do the talking for itself. Most people here blast Connor for talking smack, then when Dana does it like some baby sitter they praise it. Absurd.

And again, what is the purpose of doing it on twitter other than the attention HE gets out of it. He can call out divisions in private and not have it be about him but no, it has to be on twitter where he'll get the attention and the star power void continues because people look to him for cues and progress.

It doesn't matter if he's not the product, he's the boss of the UFC and that's all that matters. If you think for a moment that he doesn't have his own reasons for putting out the tweet, than you are either being short sighted about his strategy or you just don't understand it.

And either way it doesn't matter what you think- Dana got part of what he wanted, he got all of us talking about him and his precious UFC and any publicity is good publicity.

Perhaps you just have problems with people with authority in general, ever considered that?

1/11/14 9:56 PM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/14 9:58 PM
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 
anti_hate101 - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

He's seeing who wants to step up and fight Khabib and calling out the 'fighters' who won't take the fight. I think it's perfect.

yeh this... how many great fights have we seen as a result of this kind of push n shove. seems to be the way it is and obv no prob with nate going for a better purse also.

Yeah only problem, the fighters are catching on that Dana's support comes with strings and is conditional you do what he says or this happens.

He's not the product, it's time the product do the talking for itself. Most people here blast Connor for talking smack, then when Dana does it like some baby sitter they praise it. Absurd.

And again, what is the purpose of doing it on twitter other than the attention HE gets out of it. He can call out divisions in private and not have it be about him but no, it has to be on twitter where he'll get the attention and the star power void continues because people look to him for cues and progress.

It doesn't matter if he's not the product, he's the boss of the UFC and that's all that matters. If you think for a moment that he doesn't have his own reasons for putting out the tweet, than you are either being short sighted about his strategy or you just don't understand it.

And either way it doesn't matter what you think- Dana got part of what he wanted, he got all of us talking about him and his precious UFC and any publicity is good publicity.

Perhaps you just have problems with people with authority in general, ever considered that?

Sorry dude just cause I think Dana's job is not being done right doesn't make me wrong or have problems with authority. You're welcome to love him. He's an impulsive flag waiver that is obsolete now to me.

The GSP situation is all the proof I need and will eve need to know he has ZERO PR training. The UFC benefitted from his personality, now it has hit the point where it doesn't, the job is more complex and requires a controlled steady hand.

1/11/14 10:00 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 01/11/14 10:02 PM

The fighters not taking Dana's first offers is good thing, you can thank GSP for that. Us talking, doesn't make a fighter who now knows Dana is a snake sign to fight, it just give more proof of Dana's formula to try and force people into his demands. 

Jake says Gil wanted more time and would still fight Khabib, Dana wouldn't budge, it's a typical scenario only now fighters have one large incident to remind them why they should be weary of him, and I guarantee you their managers are telling it them every single day now.

1/11/14 10:02 PM
NatualBornTickler
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -
That's quite convenient timing Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 10:03 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 01/11/14 10:04 PM
NatualBornTickler - 
Card -
That's quite convenient timing Phone Post 3.0

Dana goes off on Twitter, reporter finds nearest teammate/ manager/ friend or the fighter himself if possible etc, for facts or close to them to refute Dana's nonsense. Yeah it is convenient cause it's how it works.

1/11/14 10:06 PM
Morpheus1976

It also hurting PPV's buys, throwing top fighters under the bus.
Dana has done this many times, Lorenzo needs to step in, he is a business man and understands this.
1/11/14 10:12 PM
Blazing Knees

ChaosOverkill - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 
anti_hate101 - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Sorry dude just cause I think Dana's job is not being done right doesn't make me wrong or have problems with authority. You're welcome to love him. He's an impulsive flag waiver that is obsolete now to me.

The GSP situation is all the proof I need and will eve need to know he has ZERO PR training. The UFC benefitted from his personality, now it has hit the point where it doesn't, the job is more complex and requires a controlled steady hand.

Since you think Dana is not doing his job right, why don't you write Zuffa headquarters and send them a copy of your extensive experience in running a multi-million dollar corporation?

Or maybe since the job is so complex that he just doesn't get it and his hand isn't quite steady enough, you know of a worthy replacement that can be plucked from your personal pool of close business associates?

Do you see how fucking ridiculous you sound?

1/11/14 10:14 PM
Blazing Knees

Morpheus1976 - 

Dana has done this many times, Lorenzo needs to step in, he is a business man and understands this.

lol

UFC 168 had 1.1 million buys. I think the ppv side of the corp. is doing just fine, Mr Greenburg.

1/11/14 10:16 PM
ChaosOverkill

Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 
anti_hate101 - 
Blazing Knees - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Since you think Dana is not doing his job right, why don't you write Zuffa headquarters and send them a copy of your extensive experience in running a multi-million dollar corporation?

Or maybe since the job is so complex that he just doesn't get it and his hand isn't quite steady enough, you know of a worthy replacement that can be plucked from your personal pool of close business associates?

Do you see how fucking ridiculous you sound?

No cause they already have a guy with the experience to do a better job, Tom Wright, you drama nerds just won't like his style because you rely on Dana for Drama.

1/11/14 10:21 PM
EvilMaster

I don't get the Dana hate here. And I'm not a big Dana nut hugger, I talk shit about him when he does something that pisses me off just like anybody else.

But in this case, this is him keeping his contractors in line. This is what happens when you refuse a request. You get taken down a notch, which is not good for business for you.

These guys are not friends or employees. They are all independent contractors signed into a contract to perform a certain number of fights in return for a set fee. This is business.

I know we keep the contractors in line at my work. How would it be good for business if all of our contractors just started refusing requests? I mean seriously now.

You get contracted to perform a service. Where I come from, this means when the boss calls. You say yes sir, and go to work. That's it.
1/11/14 10:22 PM
Morpheus1976

Blazing Knees - 
Morpheus1976 - 

lol

UFC 168 had 1.1 million buys. I think the ppv side of the corp. is doing just fine, Mr Greenburg.

watch it go down, now GSP and Silva are gone.
1/11/14 10:24 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

daba - 
ufc98newb - Nate signed a new contract before his title fight with Benson, and he probably hasn't performed well enough to justify a pay raise since then.

God knows what his contract is, but I think most would agree there is much more to it than the 15/15 that keeps getting listed for his fights.

why do you think there is much more to it than 15/15? only a few guys get PPV points and he's not likely one of them. his last fight he got 15/15 so i don't really see how his contract would be for something else.

because he signed the contract right before a title fight, Was making around 50k per fight before that, and when this was brought up to his manager, he pretty much laughed about it. There is more to it. He must have gotten a gigantic signing bonus or something else funny. Neither Nate or his manager would ever be stupid enough to sign a contract for 15/15 without any other major incentives attached to it.
1/11/14 10:25 PM
Morpheus1976

EvilMaster - I don't get the Dana hate here. And I'm not a big Dana nut hugger, I talk shit about him when he does something that pisses me off just like anybody else.

But in this case, this is him keeping his contractors in line. This is what happens when you refuse a request. You get taken down a notch, which is not good for business for you.

These guys are not friends or employees. They are all independent contractors signed into a contract to perform a certain number of fights in return for a set fee. This is business.

I know we keep the contractors in line at my work. How would it be good for business if all of our contractors just started refusing requests? I mean seriously now.

You get contracted to perform a service. Where I come from, this means when the boss calls. You say yes sir, and go to work. That's it.

lol, you are describing an employee

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.