UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

1/11/14 10:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Morpheus1976
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - But like I said earlier, this is a scary little bastard. Other fighters know this and know that it's a risky fight. The guy does not have a big name, and it's a crazy fight. If you lose, you lose big. And if you win, it doesn't help you much.

I don't blame top guys from avoiding that fight.

and that's business too from a fighter's POV
1/11/14 10:28 PM
EvilMaster

Look up the legal differences between "employees" and "contractors" Morpheus1976.

1/11/14 10:41 PM
UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt Melendez is scared, dude is a beast and should already be wearing that strap.
1/11/14 10:48 PM
Paramount Donkey
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol what kind of tmz bullshit is this? Phone Post
1/11/14 10:49 PM
Joemacka
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake -
Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0

So you think that Cain should be forced to fight DC? Nick forced to fight Nate? Anderson forced to fight Lyoto?

Surely fighters should be able to turn down fights for other reasons.
In this case that doesnt apply Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 10:50 PM
ProteinBake
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joemacka - 
ProteinBake -
Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0

So you think that Cain should be forced to fight DC? Nick forced to fight Nate? Anderson forced to fight Lyoto?

In this case that doesnt apply Phone Post 3.0

I agree. You must be confused.
1/11/14 10:51 PM
Joemacka
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake -
VinegarStrokes - 
ProteinBake - 

That reason would not apply here.

I understand that....but my response was to Joemacka saying that fighters should only be able to turn down fights for medical reasons. I'm not talking about nate-khabib. We don't know the reason for that, as of now.
Well obviously, but i was more so referring to this situation. Sorry for not been so clear on my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 10:56 PM
Osbot

Morpheus1976 - 
Blazing Knees - 
Morpheus1976 - 
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - Keep throwin' your fighters under the bus asshole, then wonder why every fighter besides the Champ is referred to as a "Can" by his army of Troll followers. nobody has any respect for these guys and why should they when their "boss" treats them like pieces of shit?

It also hurting PPV's buys, throwing top fighters under the bus.
Dana has done this many times, Lorenzo needs to step in, he is a business man and understands this.

lol

UFC 168 had 1.1 million buys. I think the ppv side of the corp. is doing just fine, Mr Greenburg.

watch it go down, now GSP and Silva are gone.

This is actually probably one of the most forward thinking moves Dana has made in awhile.

How legit is Khabib? Pretty fuckin' legit bro.

How marketable is Khabib? Pretty fuckin' marketable bro.

Start the hype train now. So they can sell UFC PPV's with sound bytes of dudes not wanting to fight him.

GSP may be gone, Anderson may be gone. Time to start building up the next generation. A stone cold sambo killer from Russia.
1/11/14 10:57 PM
Greenup
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never seen khabib fight but it seems far fetched that he would "wreck" Nate. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 10:59 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters shouldn't be able to turn down fights unless they're injured. They should be told your fighting this guy in a few months start getting yourself ready Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 11:05 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After seeing rory ragdoll diaz, Khabib is an even greater threat.
1/11/14 11:18 PM
Lobo8

Greenup - Never seen khabib fight but it seems far fetched that he would "wreck" Nate. Phone Post 3.0

Wreck is the wrong word. Khabiv would ragdoll him.
1/11/14 11:19 PM
TFK_SickEye
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's probably the most talent filled division in the UFC, so Khabib will get a fight with a worthy contender. He needs a win that will actually turn heads and get people talking. Nate and Gil have their sights set higher...although I wish Nate would take this fight. Gil already took a fight with a lower ranked opponent and won, so he deserves a top ranked guy IMO. Nate can cement his place in the LW division by beating a grappler like Khabib and simultaneously squash these fantasies that he can't hang with grapplers. And if Khabib were to beat Nate, it's a HUGE feather in his cap that can usher him into title contention.....if Pettis actually defends his title more than once a year.

1/11/14 11:20 PM
Chomas
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - I don't get the Dana hate here. And I'm not a big Dana nut hugger, I talk shit about him when he does something that pisses me off just like anybody else.

But in this case, this is him keeping his contractors in line. This is what happens when you refuse a request. You get taken down a notch, which is not good for business for you.

These guys are not friends or employees. They are all independent contractors signed into a contract to perform a certain number of fights in return for a set fee. This is business.

I know we keep the contractors in line at my work. How would it be good for business if all of our contractors just started refusing requests? I mean seriously now.

You get contracted to perform a service. Where I come from, this means when the boss calls. You say yes sir, and go to work. That's it.

agree with this

1/11/14 11:23 PM
Got Reach
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CainPoundedMyOldSN - the fuck is Dana thinking clowning on one of his biggest stars yet again lol? and its complete tard shit anyways. yeah no shit Nate doesnt want the fight. not because hes scared because at this point in his career he deserves to fight guys with names. theres nothing to gain from fighting khabib. pay the guys what theyre worth and maybe theyll be a little more willing to do your job for you.
Khabib is a name and he would ragdoll Diaz. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 11:26 PM
DEZBOT

ChaosOverkill -

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

Agreed! There's no need to release this information to the public as it looks bad on the fighters that turned down the fight, as they have their own reasons but Dana makes it look like their Fukin pussys, he's done it before with shogun and now with Gil and Nate, all of who are some of the toughest guys in mma period... To think these guys are scared of fighting another fighter is ludicris yet there's wankers out there that take Dana's words as the gospel. Shit like this and the shit he pulled with the nog Gus fight makes me lose respect for Dana. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 11:29 PM
TFK_SickEye
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got Reach - 
CainPoundedMyOldSN - the fuck is Dana thinking clowning on one of his biggest stars yet again lol? and its complete tard shit anyways. yeah no shit Nate doesnt want the fight. not because hes scared because at this point in his career he deserves to fight guys with names. theres nothing to gain from fighting khabib. pay the guys what theyre worth and maybe theyll be a little more willing to do your job for you.
Khabib is a name and he would ragdoll Diaz. Phone Post 3.0

Don't be so sure. Just because a huge WW like Rory 'ragdolled' Nate doesn't mean just anybody can. Especially with Nates budding Judo skills. Did you people not watch the Jim Miller and Gray Maynard fights? At lightweight, Nate can keep wrestlers at bay with his technical prowess. That's no guarantee, but stop automatically counting him out against just anybody who knows how to wrestle.

1/11/14 11:44 PM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren wouldve Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:06 AM
pattitude
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how denigrating some of your best fighters and top draws makes good business sense.

Is Dana really saying that no fighter is tough unless he says they are? Or they're only tough so long as they bow to his every whim?

I agree that Khabib is very dangerous for anyone, but that fact doesn't negate anyone else's accomplishments. According to Dana it does.

Or could it be just that Dana didn't get what he wanted when he wanted and now he's decided to vent publicly? Kind of like a child in a shopping mall having a tantrum.
1/12/14 12:14 AM
Willo232

Melendez aint scared.. I obviously can't be sure but I would wager the Gil-Khabib fight was very close to happening but UFC brass didnt want to derail either hype train. Gil takes Khabib at this point, I think Dana and co. Saw that and realised it's pretty much a lose-lose.

Everyone already wants to see Gil get a title shot and there is no reason to build him up with another tough tough fight (think Gus) and if Gil loses they lost the biggest fight in the division at the moment in Gil vs. Pettis, only to replace it with a somewhat dull Dagestanian, the only marketing angle (for casuals) is that he is undefeated.

On the other hand if Khabib loses, when he does make his way to a title shot he wont be able to be marketed as undefeated, and everybody already wanted to see Gil fight for the belt again so it wouldnt do much there either. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:15 AM
Trane

I really like Khabib's style, he pounces in, attacks with a flurry then GTFO. This must be frustrating for his opponents.
1/12/14 12:20 AM
da Vinci 81
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pattitude - Not sure how denigrating some of your best fighters and top draws makes good business sense.

Is Dana really saying that no fighter is tough unless he says they are? Or they're only tough so long as they bow to his every whim?

I agree that Khabib is very dangerous for anyone, but that fact doesn't negate anyone else's accomplishments. According to Dana it does.

Or could it be just that Dana didn't get what he wanted when he wanted and now he's decided to vent publicly? Kind of like a child in a shopping mall having a tantrum.

Well having fighters who are under contract refusing fights is even worse for business. These guys sign contracts to fight, not handpick opponents to their liking. if Nate is injured or has some other extenuating circumstance that prevents him from taking this fight then fine, but if he's just acting like an entitled brat then he deserves being called out on it publicly.

What good is signing a fighter if he doesn't want to fight? He's just creating more headaches by turning down fights and considering he's lost 2 of his last 3 he hasn't exactly earned this right either.
1/12/14 12:43 AM
no-gi_JAMES420
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pattitude - Not sure how denigrating some of your best fighters and top draws makes good business sense.

EXACTLY. Time for Dana to grow the fuck up or step aside... Can you imagine the NBA/NFL/MLB commissioner acting like this?!?

No wonder a lot of people still don't take our sport seriously, this guy wants it to be just like the WWE.
1/12/14 12:50 AM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be mad at Dana all you want but someone should step up and fight this man. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:07 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - 
Greenup - Never seen khabib fight but it seems far fetched that he would "wreck" Nate. Phone Post 3.0
If you have never him seen him fight, keep your mouth shut. He fuck Nate until Nate loved him if he wanted to. Future LW champ son. Youtube.com is your friend. Phone Post 3.0

lol, he MIGHT win a dec.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.