UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/12/14 1:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caught_clean
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Diaz just posted this on Twitter

@danawhite @ufc are full of shit I didn't turn down anything ...
1/12/14 1:18 AM
Jimmy Rustler
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha all of Cesar Gracie jiu Jitsu is scared of Khabib

1/12/14 1:26 AM
Swift1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joemacka - Thats bullshit you shouldnt be able to turn down fights unless its a a medical reason. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:33 AM
Jimmy Rustler
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/14 1:33 AM

its because Khabib is a much better version of Rory Macdonald and Bendo

thats why nate is scared

1/12/14 1:37 AM
rnunz
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, I thought that was a good match up for Melendez, especially at this point in Khabib's young career.  I don't think Nate would be avoiding this fight unless he thought it was below his standards. 

1/12/14 1:44 AM
pattitude
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - Be mad at Dana all you want but someone should step up and fight this man. Phone Post 3.0

Done. I'll fight Dana.
1/12/14 1:46 AM
Phisher
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's that? Another guy that "nobody wants to fight"?

It's not like there's a new one of those every three months or anything.

Who still buys into this bullshit?

1/12/14 1:49 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat Sambo best martial art style its not a surprise he is ducked. The 155 lb Fedor! Combat Sambo for the win! Phone Post
1/12/14 1:49 AM
Stouffer20

ChaosOverkill -

As much as I agree he's a killer, this is where Dana shows himself to have no idea what he's doing. Why throw people in a division you pride on being stacked and full of killers, under the bus for one guy? If you're challenging them to fight this guy you can't have a group email or chat with them? You gotta throw fish to a fanbase to have negative opinions of your top talent? Melendez is now a pussy apparently is what this more or less says and everyone else able to sign up for a fight with him.

It doesn't do anything to help Khabib, we all know he's a killer already, it's just Dana's impatience and inability to let things be and leave well enough alone. I don't get this. It's Dana created drama again, and does nothing to further star power or prove he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Tell Khabib to tweet it then, at least then it would come from him like Connor does at least.

Very well said Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 2:02 AM
WarKota

Khabib is at the helm of the Russian Muslim invasion. In a way, I'm glad Melendez/Diaz dropped out bc they are definitely apart of my top favs at 155, but the Eagle is the future. I'd say TJ Grant, Jim Miller, or Michael Johnson...although he deserves to face TOP TIER opponents. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
1/12/14 2:06 AM
SOO72
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ Grant would most likely fight and beat the piss out of Kabob
1/12/14 2:14 AM
Koga

I have said it before, but the Diaz brothers need to have a manager who will make all public announcements on their behalf. Dana is a disgrace for his constant fighter bashing, but the Diaz bros always make matters worse with their inane interviews and immature "tweets".
1/12/14 2:18 AM
Effstrikingmeansdamage

ChaosOverkill -
touch - 
Lick Boners - 
MoomBah - 

Nate turned the fight down

Respect for Jake for taking the Lombard fight. Looks like the only guy from the scrap pack that wants the tough fights.

So both Gil and Nate turned Khabib down, or was the Khabib-Melendez fight a rumour the whole time? Hadn't even heard about the Diaz fight except for Khabib calling him out.

Khabib vs Melendez was at poster for UFC 170 but then they say Gil decided not to sign this damn contract

Which we never got the whole story. Dana is butthurt and therefor goes straight to becoming Khabib's promoter while president of the company with no credibility in his statements.

It then confuses everyone with the fog surrounded the reasons and people don't buy the drama and star power fades more thanks to Dana.

What do u think he should have said when asked the question? He never said he was scared, just said he turned the fight down. He does kind of sour my stomach sometimes, but nobody is perfect. I think he does a great job and I may not like some of his antics, but it's better than the political correct bs EVERYBODY else in his position gives us. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 2:36 AM
ChaosOverkill
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - 
ChaosOverkill - 
NatualBornTickler - 
Card -
That's quite convenient timing Phone Post 3.0

Dana goes off on Twitter, reporter finds nearest teammate/ manager/ friend or the fighter himself if possible etc, for facts or close to them to refute Dana's nonsense. Yeah it is convenient cause it's how it works.

You need to calm down a little bro.

your butthurt behavior is making me cringe and sweat.

melendez wants that title, he doesn't want to fight a guy like khabib. we get it, we know why. You don't have to go pretending for him. nobody blames him for ducking a fight that would be bad if he lost and even if he won would make him have to fight again before he got a title shot.

Convince me why I should care about you or anyone's butthurt at my opinion, and I'll go from there. Not holding my breath though.

1/12/14 2:38 AM
ChaosOverkill
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/14 2:38 AM
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
ChaosOverkill -
touch - 
Lick Boners - 
MoomBah - 

Nate turned the fight down

Respect for Jake for taking the Lombard fight. Looks like the only guy from the scrap pack that wants the tough fights.

So both Gil and Nate turned Khabib down, or was the Khabib-Melendez fight a rumour the whole time? Hadn't even heard about the Diaz fight except for Khabib calling him out.

Khabib vs Melendez was at poster for UFC 170 but then they say Gil decided not to sign this damn contract

Which we never got the whole story. Dana is butthurt and therefor goes straight to becoming Khabib's promoter while president of the company with no credibility in his statements.

It then confuses everyone with the fog surrounded the reasons and people don't buy the drama and star power fades more thanks to Dana.

What do u think he should have said when asked the question? He never said he was scared, just said he turned the fight down. He does kind of sour my stomach sometimes, but nobody is perfect. I think he does a great job and I may not like some of his antics, but it's better than the political correct bs EVERYBODY else in his position gives us. Phone Post 3.0

His next tweet was about how Jake is the only guy from that camp with balls for fighting Lombard or something to that effect, so yes that is what Dana is saying unfortunately.

Yet if Jake smothers Lombard he will slag him and already slags all fighters like Jake who fight his style.

1/12/14 2:38 AM
Jimmy Rustler

SOO72 - TJ Grant would most likely fight and beat the piss out of Kabob

Oh, you mean the guy whose been decisioned by weaker wrestlers than Khabib is gonna beat the piss out of Khabib?

Khabib mops the floor with Grant

1/12/14 3:18 AM
LDX

Dana has played this game before. While technically both gil and nate may have turned down the fight, the reason has not been stated which is deceitful on his part.
we have heard nate/nick before complain about guys just laying on top of them or circling around avoiding the fight. but gil has no problem with those styles. So I don't think he would turn down a fight with no reason.

every body in the top of the division has either just fought or is already matched-up.
Just fought: miller (dec 28), johnson (dec 28), barboza (dec 14), green (dec 14), maynard (nov 30), cerrone (nov 16).
matched up: diego-jury, henderson-thomson, khabilov-dos anjos.
injured: tj grant, pettis

if shields is correct, gil wants to fight in april. can you really blame the rest of the guys including nate not to take a fight with a guy like khabib on six weeks notice for ufc 170.
1/12/14 3:28 AM
ChaosOverkill

EvilMaster - Look up the legal differences between "employees" and "contractors" Morpheus1976.

So the GSP situation was just Dana "Pulling the reigns on his contractor?" a contractor that has done everything and more he's been asked, no room for his own thought and problems?

1/12/14 4:28 AM
touch
1790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot - 
Morpheus1976 - 
Blazing Knees - 
Morpheus1976 - 
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - Keep throwin' your fighters under the bus asshole, then wonder why every fighter besides the Champ is referred to as a "Can" by his army of Troll followers. nobody has any respect for these guys and why should they when their "boss" treats them like pieces of shit?

It also hurting PPV's buys, throwing top fighters under the bus.
Dana has done this many times, Lorenzo needs to step in, he is a business man and understands this.

lol

UFC 168 had 1.1 million buys. I think the ppv side of the corp. is doing just fine, Mr Greenburg.

watch it go down, now GSP and Silva are gone.

This is actually probably one of the most forward thinking moves Dana has made in awhile.

How legit is Khabib? Pretty fuckin' legit bro.

How marketable is Khabib? Pretty fuckin' marketable bro.

Start the hype train now. So they can sell UFC PPV's with sound bytes of dudes not wanting to fight him.

GSP may be gone, Anderson may be gone. Time to start building up the next generation. A stone cold sambo killer from Russia.

vu

1/12/14 4:29 AM
touch
1790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup - Never seen khabib fight but it seems far fetched that he would "wreck" Nate. Phone Post 3.0

So try to watch khabib fight

1/12/14 6:02 AM
Willo232
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WarKota - Khabib is at the helm of the Russian Muslim invasion. In a way, I'm glad Melendez/Diaz dropped out bc they are definitely apart of my top favs at 155, but the Eagle is the future. I'd say TJ Grant, Jim Miller, or Michael Johnson...although he deserves to face TOP TIER opponents. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
Lol at thinking TJ is at the same spot Miller and Johnson are..

Lol at not thinking TJ is a top tuer opponent..

When was the last time you watched MMA? Surprised you dont think TJ is still a Welterweight. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 7:57 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
155RMMA - I'd do it in a heartbeat if I ever got the opportunity. Hopefully now that Keizer is leaving I may be able to get a Nevada license. Phone Post 3.0
Vitor? Phone Post 3.0
Busted? Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 7:59 AM
Topsyjt
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - He's in a difficult spot - insanely talented but not well known. The top guys see no upside in fighting him.

I'm sure someone will step up and so long as he keeps winning, people will notice.
VU.
We also need to rmbr that it's a dangerous move for any established LW. If they lose they risk being outcast from a future title shot or worse being cut altogether. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 8:54 AM
warez
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone is scared of the Khabib's giant blond afro war hat
1/12/14 9:08 AM
Clarence Parents
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/422243179211943937

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.