UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: nobody wants to fight Khabib

1/12/14 7:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Topsyjt
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - He's in a difficult spot - insanely talented but not well known. The top guys see no upside in fighting him.

I'm sure someone will step up and so long as he keeps winning, people will notice.
VU.
We also need to rmbr that it's a dangerous move for any established LW. If they lose they risk being outcast from a future title shot or worse being cut altogether. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 8:54 AM
warez
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone is scared of the Khabib's giant blond afro war hat
1/12/14 9:08 AM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/422243179211943937

1/12/14 9:14 AM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents -

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/422243179211943937

Confusing thread is confusing. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 9:16 AM
touch
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

warez - I think everyone is scared of the Khabib's giant blond afro war hat

Then what happens when they see this

1/12/14 9:34 AM
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is a genius. He promotes a new rising star out of Europe + gains new a fanbase of Russians and UFC awareness from Mother Russia, while simutaneously reminding fighters that they are still under contract and are not the ones picking their opponents,  If he goads one of the fighters into taking a Khabab fight, so much the better.

If the fighters who turned the fights down want to get onto social media to defend their actions or career strategy, that's great too, because it creates buzz, chit chat and the vocal minority butthurt fans who run to their computers to bitch about it as well as the guys who think it's great, like me.

Some of you just don't get it.

1/12/14 10:04 AM
Lux Fixxins

155RMMA - I'd do it in a heartbeat if I ever got the opportunity. Hopefully now that Keizer is leaving I may be able to get a Nevada license. Phone Post 3.0
Why can't you now? Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 10:44 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Gleison Tibau already schooled this overhyped Russian.

I think Michael Johnson should take the fight. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 11:06 AM
EvilMaster

Edited: 01/12/14 11:08 AM

How can anybody who is 21-0 in professional mixed martial arts, with an equal amount of knock outs, submissions and decisions. Be considered "overhyped" ?

Doesn't make any sense. If he is anything, I'd say he is "underhyped". imo.
1/12/14 11:09 AM
touch
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - 
How can anybody who is 21-0 in professional mixed martial arts, with an equal amount of knock outs, submissions and decisions. Be considered "overhyped" ?

Doesn't make any sense. If he is anything, I'd say he is "underhyped". imo.

Nevermind, some users just live up to their screen names

1/12/14 11:49 AM
Brock Lobster
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - Annnnnnd Nate just tweeted a youtube link to the song "F U Pay Me" by Tech N9ne. So yeah guys frustrated Phone Post 3.0
Hahahah right on Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 11:51 AM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll fight Khabib.

Dana set it up!
1/12/14 12:05 PM
VinegarStrokes
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup - Never seen khabib fight but it seems far fetched that he would "wreck" Nate. Phone Post 3.0
Go watch his last few fights. It is not far fetched at all. If Ben Henderson rag dolled Nate then what would a guy who has had 20 takedowns in a fight do? Nate's weakness is his take down defense. Khabib was hyped coming into the UFC and nothing has happened to slow that hype. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:15 PM
Gfropr

He is really good all around. I think if somebody can stuff his takedowns they can exploit him on the feet. He loves the overhand right a good counter puncher with takedown defense is what can stop him. I think Gil and Diego both can beat him. As well as Thompson (maybe) and Grant. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:16 PM
Gfropr

Forgot Bendo. I dont think he can take/hold Bendo down. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:34 PM
adc559

ProteinBake -
gum989 - Lol at you guys, getting mad that people get to find out who is scared of who.

clearly no one is mad. but people exactly like you are the problem here. you can't fathom that there might be a reason other than 'being scared' that Nate wouldn't take the fight?
All fighters..I doubt they are "scared" Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 1:41 PM
pattitude
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 

Dana is a genius. He promotes a new rising star out of Europe + gains new a fanbase of Russians and UFC awareness from Mother Russia, while simutaneously reminding fighters that they are still under contract and are not the ones picking their opponents,  If he goads one of the fighters into taking a Khabab fight, so much the better.

If the fighters who turned the fights down want to get onto social media to defend their actions or career strategy, that's great too, because it creates buzz, chit chat and the vocal minority butthurt fans who run to their computers to bitch about it as well as the guys who think it's great, like me.

Some of you just don't get it.

Trust me, most of us get it. The point that some of us are trying to make is not about whether or not Dana has successfully created hype for the UFC, rather it's about the fact that his chosen strategy doesn't have any long term benefits in terms of dealing with future contractors / contracts. Nor does it have any benefit in terms of giving a rather young sport added credibility.
1/12/14 1:56 PM
warez
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

touch -
warez - I think everyone is scared of the Khabib's giant blond afro war hat

Then what happens when they see this

That this dude has a lot of hats.

I don't think he is allowed at the weigh-ins with a sword though Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 2:23 PM
AlbertEinstein

Pessimist_Pete - Gleison Tibau already schooled this overhyped Russian.

The only thing Tibau schooled him in is how to be tentative and lose to a much smaller fighter. Not that he could have done much more. Khabib is just more skilled than him.
1/12/14 2:46 PM
YoureAnEgg

Fuck your dollar goof Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 2:56 PM
Pessimist_Pete

AlbertEinstein -
Pessimist_Pete - Gleison Tibau already schooled this overhyped Russian.

The only thing Tibau schooled him in is how to be tentative and lose to a much smaller fighter. Not that he could have done much more. Khabib is just more skilled than him.
Go back and watch the fight again. Tibau out struck him and landed more takedowns.

I'm not saying Khabib isn't a great fighter. He has looked great. But everyone is acting like he's the champion. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 6:55 PM
AlbertEinstein

I have watched it recently. Just because Rogan thought he won doesn't make it true. I've also watched you come into every khabib thread to mention this fight. Tibau lost, and rightfully so. Get over it.
1/12/14 7:24 PM
WarKota

Willo232 - 
WarKota - Khabib is at the helm of the Russian Muslim invasion. In a way, I'm glad Melendez/Diaz dropped out bc they are definitely apart of my top favs at 155, but the Eagle is the future. I'd say TJ Grant, Jim Miller, or Michael Johnson...although he deserves to face TOP TIER opponents. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
Lol at thinking TJ is at the same spot Miller and Johnson are..

Lol at not thinking TJ is a top tuer opponent..

When was the last time you watched MMA? Surprised you dont think TJ is still a Welterweight. Phone Post 3.0

I never said TJ was at the same spot as Miller and Johnson, rather just searching for viable noteworthy opponents for Khabib. Granted (no pun intended), TJ is injured, Miller is a well accomplished vet, dare I say more accomplished than Grant. And Johnson, to his own credit, has built up a head of steam on his "hype train"..

I never said TJ wasn't top tier. It may have read that way, for which I apologize, but I was simply stating that Khabib is a top tier fighter and from here on out he should be fighting up to his potential; Grant, Miller, Pettis, Thomson, Diaz, Melendez, Henderson, Dos Anjos, etc.. Johnson not so much but do to the hype, the fight would sell..

Lastly, the last time I watched MMA was at work yesterday, actually. I watched an old classic fight on youtube of a young Carlos Condit fighting one of my personal favs Satoru Kitaoka in which Kitaoaka scored his smooth signature "Sakuraba esque" single leg takedown, quickly fell back onto an ankle lock, and held it for a good 4 minutes, while taking repeated blows to the face from Condit until Kitaoka locked it in completely for the tap! Kitaoka could barely even get up from the 4 minutes of punishment he recieved but never let go of that ankle. TRUE WARRIOR SPIRIT
1/12/14 7:38 PM
Jimmy Rustler
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson shouldn't be in the same breathe as Khabib.

Johnsons best win was against Tony Ferguson, and even then he got lucky cuz tony broke his arm in the first round and fought the rest of the fight with 1 arm

1/12/14 7:59 PM
MRG1
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Cowboy didn't have a fight coming up.

You know he would fight him in a second.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.