UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate cites 'inner turmoil', adrenaline dump

1/11/14 11:44 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Miesha Tate made Ronda Rousey fight out of the first round and pushed her harder than any fighter previously had, but still came up short. Tate looked good, but not great in the fight, and cites a couple issues that led to her loss:

"I don'??t want to sound like I'??m complaining about it,"?? she continued. "??It was great having all that support. But that was the inner turmoil I was dealing with."

Despite having a great training camp, Tate said she had a huge adrenaline dump before she competed. Her muscles, she said, felt like "??noodles,"?? like she had sat in a hot tub and was in a state of relaxation when she needed to be explosive.

When she looked across the cage, she knew that Rousey was unlikely to be experiencing any of the same feelings. While for Tate, this was the first real time in the pressure cooker, Rousey had competed on the Olympic stage, and had a UFC main event under her belt.

When they tangled, Rousey took her down six times, and locked her into three arm bars before finishing in the third.

"??I felt like sh-t, to put it quite frankly," Tate said. "Watching it again, I looked better than I felt, but I really had to push myself because I felt horrible. I was trying to push out of first gear but it didn'??t really happen. I did a lot of good things defensively but I wasn'??t able to do some of the offensive things that we worked on."

read entire article... 

1/11/14 11:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShoreBreakersPeePeeTasteGoooood
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still would.

1/11/14 11:46 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

??

1/11/14 11:49 PM
Captain_Underpants
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll give her an adrenaline dump alright Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 11:51 PM
TFK_SickEye
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She can't/won't beat Ronda, but I can still see a third match being set up at some point in the future due to lack of competition.

1/11/14 11:53 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could be the excuse of every fighter who ever lost. Cant be proven wrong or right. Phone Post 3.0
1/11/14 11:55 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

still delusional.
1/11/14 11:58 PM
RyannVonDoom

LOL thats awesome. She got owned.. Again. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:01 AM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't she going to shoot herself in the face if she got arm barred again..... Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:19 AM
UGCTT_Reco Groman
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - Wasn't she going to shoot herself in the face if she got arm barred again..... Phone Post 3.0
I remember her saying something like that? Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:21 AM
Paramount Donkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - Wasn't she going to shoot herself in the face if she got arm barred again..... Phone Post 3.0
Lol and it's a lame excuse on top of that.

Every fighter goes through personal problems, hell every ordinary person does.

It's how you handle it, and you can't blame the loss on that. Phone Post
1/12/14 12:24 AM
UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before Brazilian remarks.
1/12/14 12:34 AM
Poet of Gore

ShoreBreakersPeePeeTasteGoooood - 

still would.

1/12/14 12:46 AM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah - In before Brazilian remarks.
What I came to say. I made it too! Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:51 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Forget it Tate, Ronda smashes u 10/10 times and she knows it, that's what burns her Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 12:57 AM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She got psyched out whether she did it to herself or Ronda psyched her out.

She wouldnt look Ronda in the eye and didnt seem to look at the crowd (rooting for her) or her coaches because she may have known she was about to dissapoint them.

Then when the bell rang she came out with pawing punches while Ronda took it to her.

I belive deep down she knew she was going to lose and just wanted to make it out of the first round.
1/12/14 12:59 AM
GSDbestbreed
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noodle arms would have helped her. Hard to snap those bitches.
1/12/14 1:11 AM
Kings21
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSDbestbreed - Noodle arms would have helped her. Hard to snap those bitches.

To be fair, her arm looked pretty noodley in the first fight.
1/12/14 1:54 AM
Zekolas

Lactic acidosis is real; it is worse than fighting with a cracked skull!
1/12/14 1:58 AM
Caught_clean
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who has competed knows that terrible feeling, I honestly think its a skill to be able to go out there and perform 100% with no adrenaline dump. Comes with experience though, and like she said Ronda has her beat in that category, along with many other skills obviously.
1/12/14 2:00 AM
rkm456

How about "Ronda is a much better fighter than me, and it's hard to have confidence coming off a loss and knowing you have to face the champ" ?....

Would still bang.
1/12/14 2:03 AM
Koga

After all of the talk about how Tate was going to "get in Ronda's head" and contain her emotions unlike the first fight, Ronda was mentally better prepared. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 3:09 AM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caught_clean - Anyone who has competed knows that terrible feeling, I honestly think its a skill to be able to go out there and perform 100% with no adrenaline dump. Comes with experience though, and like she said Ronda has her beat in that category, along with many other skills obviously.

ronda has meisha beat in experience? in UFC fights? in title fights? wasnt she a champ before ronda? competed in wmma longer?
1/12/14 3:17 AM
Rob Collins

Ronda is so in this girls head
1/12/14 3:34 AM
Horace.P.McTitties

It was the tacoma aroma Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.