UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Hey Mods GET A LIFE !!!!

1/17/14 5:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Matrix is out of service
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - As a relatively new mod perhaps I can shed a bit of insight on a few points: 1) we do not get paid to moderate nor receive kick-backs of any kind, 2) we are not given any agenda as regards Zuffa or any other organization, 3) every mod is a different person, with a different set of sensibilities - not a collective borg with a unified outlook/mission. Hope that helps.
Good stuff. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 5:19 PM
The Matrix is out of service
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DJ CRUSH -
MMA Lives Here - Hey OP can u plz start education me Phone Post 3.0

And a new UGism is born. Thanks, Kirik, for "education me!"
Lmao so true. Kirik you're the man. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 5:22 PM
Mix6APlix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Matrix is out of service -
dhughes - As a relatively new mod perhaps I can shed a bit of insight on a few points: 1) we do not get paid to moderate nor receive kick-backs of any kind, 2) we are not given any agenda as regards Zuffa or any other organization, 3) every mod is a different person, with a different set of sensibilities - not a collective borg with a unified outlook/mission. Hope that helps.
I always picture the mods like The Stonecutters from the Simpsons. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 5:39 PM
BengalWACO

I am just glad I decide to frequent numerous sites so I don't have to worry about corruption of a leaders decision making with his minions.
1/17/14 5:55 PM
dhughes
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - 
I always picture the mods like The Stonecutters from the Simpsons. Phone Post 3.0

1/17/14 5:57 PM
dhughes
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, here's a group photo from January's Monthly Mod Mash...

1/17/14 5:58 PM
DreamerMMA
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
dhughes - 
Mix6APlix - 

Please delete Sagivs personal pictures, they could jeapordize his mission in the bowels of the AfterDark forum.

1/17/14 6:00 PM
DreamerMMA
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
dhughes - 

Damn, Zippy was easy to spot.

1/17/14 6:04 PM
dhughes

DreamerMMA - 
dhughes - 
Mix6APlix - 

Please delete Sagivs personal pictures, they could jeapordize his mission in the bowels of the AfterDark forum.

LOL
1/17/14 6:20 PM
Mayhem13
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes -

I had a little too much to drink that night...was this taken before or after the Zuffa funded lobster and steak dinner? Either way it was a fun night! And not many people can say they got to party at Dana Whites secret underground office. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 6:32 PM
PhoqueME

Mayhem13 -
dhughes -

I had a little too much to drink that night...was this taken before or after the Zuffa funded lobster and steak dinner? Either way it was a fun night! And not many people can say they got to party at Dana Whites secret underground office. Phone Post 3.0
I knew you were a bunch of zuffa shills!!!
-the OG Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 6:34 PM
dhughes

This was after the Zuffa dinner. 'Twas the after dinner social sponsored by Xyience Xenergy if memory serves me right.

You can barely make out Dana, hunched over, struggling to wheel in that giant cart of hundred dolla bills, yo.
1/17/14 6:53 PM
MrZipplokk
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Zapruder, say whatever you want.  Nobody is gonna lose any sleep. Just say it without the personal attacks is all. It's not what you say, it's how you say it, brah.

Carry on.....

1/17/14 7:02 PM
Zapruder
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrZipplokk - 

Zapruder, say whatever you want.  Nobody is gonna lose any sleep. Just say it without the personal attacks is all. It's not what you say, it's how you say it, brah.

Carry on.....

So calling everyone morons is ok, but saying you kiss ass so hard that you french kiss Kirik when he coughs is unacceptable? Or is that do as I say not as I do sort of thing?
1/17/14 7:03 PM
MrZipplokk
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much better. Thanx

1/17/14 7:09 PM
DFWcholesterol

MrZipplokk -

Carry on.....

Is that a personal attack on zapruder? Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 7:11 PM
MrZipplokk

Is that a trick question ? ;-)

1/17/14 7:15 PM
FinestScotch

Remove the Stone of Shame... attach the Stone of Triumph!
1/20/14 3:35 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And to celebrate

We're having ribs
1/20/14 12:35 PM
Boobiemiles1986
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

talk about having a power trip jesus 

1/20/14 12:39 PM
Boobiemiles1986
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zapruder - 
MrZipplokk - 

Carry on.....

So calling everyone morons is ok, but saying you kiss ass so hard that you french kiss Kirik when he coughs is unacceptable? Or is that do as I say not as I do sort of thing?

Zapruder they have nothing better to do , its a lost cause , 

1/20/14 12:51 PM
Zapruder
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boobiemiles1986 - 
Zapruder - 
MrZipplokk - 

Carry on.....

Telling the truth is never a lost cause, getting frozen for is just icing on the cake
1/20/14 12:52 PM
Zapruder

^^^^ Oh and having several posts deleted
1/20/14 1:46 PM
Boobiemiles1986

Zapruder - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 
Zapruder - 
MrZipplokk - 

Carry on.....

Telling the truth is never a lost cause, getting frozen for is just icing on the cake

good point !!!!!!!!

1/20/14 2:05 PM
squirrel516

dhughes - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 
digthisbigcrux - 
dhughes - As a relatively new mod perhaps I can shed a bit of insight on a few points: 1) we do not get paid to moderate nor receive kick-backs of any kind, 2) we are not given any agenda as regards Zuffa or any other organization, 3) every mod is a different person, with a different set of sensibilities - not a collective borg with a unified outlook/mission. Hope that helps.

why is any reference to the book written by Dana's White mom scrubbed from the UG?

I'm not saying it's a great literary work, but it is odd that it's so taboo around here

we are not going to get any answers on our questions , no point in even trying anymore ... makes you wonder even more 

Well, that's pretty presumptuous of you since I've already answered the questions I could suss out from your OP. I can tell you right now that there is no grand conspiracy and while it may be fun to imagine all kinds of back-end deals and secret societies, I can tell you they don't exist.

99% of what mods do on this site goes completely unnoticed - however, if the site weren't moderated for even a day it would be a miserable place with little or no relevance to MMA. Spammers and trolls would fill this place with garbage and no one would bother to come here as it would be impossible to navigate - let alone pro fighters, promoters, and the other insiders who frequent this place.

From my perspective, it's really quite the opposite. I can say all this but it will fall on deaf ears and people will continue to believe what they want. The people who moderate here do it because they love the site. Anybody who tries to run a forum with any popularity will ultimately have to find moderators.

Reminds me of the It's Always Sunny episode where they try to turn the bar in to a law-free, anything-goes zone. Bit by bit they have to keep adding laws until they eventually end up where they started.

So far as the book is concerned, some one else will have to chime in as I don't know, have never deleted a thread on the topic, but am sure there's good reason. From what I've seen any decision made by the moderators are discussed rationally and consensus is reached with the best intentions.

Take it for what it is worth but this is what I have seen. On many forums, moderators will not even discuss their rationale. Here, you get a response from the forum creator on the first page. Not sure what more anyone could want.

As a former moderator of a very active board with thousands of members, I can say that it is often a thankless job.

Give the mods a break.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.