UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if... GSP was the Lance Armstrong of MMA?

1/16/14 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lee Murrays Cell Mate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/14 9:26 AM
GREASEGATE
1/16/14 9:27 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

Hunter V - 
kying418 - Chances are either GSP and/or a handful of his teammates have used PED's either in the past or present...thats just the reality of this sport.

That is why is is puzzling why he would speak out against their use now.

He has been speaking out against them for years now actually. And he is a pro athlete so no matter what he says there will always be people who think they have had to use PEDs even if they had never touched them.

As for OP, the problem w your question is that Lance never came out and said "PEDs are bad, we need to clean up things" blah blah blah like GSP had. He just did what he did and fucked over ANYBODY who got in his way. So the analogy doesn't really work.

Yeah, the analogy is kinda shit. I guess I just should've said, what if all of GSP's anti-steroid posturing was a front and he actually used in the past, and is doing this to cover up that guilt, and then was busted, and holy fuck how would that affect the sport. But agreed, the analogy is terrible. I feel like Jonathan Snowden creating a controversial headline just to get people to click the article.
1/16/14 10:00 AM
jimbonice

What if Dana was the don king mma? Could you imagine? Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 10:06 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

jimbonice - What if Dana was the don king mma? Could you imagine? Phone Post 3.0

Bit dramatic don't you think? Do you remember Don King? One of the major figures in boxing's ruin. You really think Dana is the DK of MMA? C'mon son.
1/16/14 10:07 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if... A faggot OP sucked a lot of dicks?
I would then assume he would make a thread just like this while enjoying the cum dripping off his mustache.
1/16/14 10:09 AM
bhealthy

TTT

if he cleans up the sport he's a hero
1/16/14 10:09 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

ParadigmRaep - What if... A faggot OP sucked a lot of dicks?
I would then assume he would make a thread just like this while enjoying the cum dripping off his mustache.

You nailed that post, bro. Good on ya, like cum on a mustache.
1/16/14 10:18 AM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eljamaiquino -
WidespreadPanic -

You have a flawed understanding of the issue.

1. LA was not just a PEDs user, he sued people, he ruined careers, he kept money that should have gone to charity.

2. LA rode a bicycle among other PEDs users. He did not use his PEDs to hit people.

GSP has been a stand up guy, he seems to be honest and has integrity. Do you think he'd be stepping down if he was using PEDs? Possibly.

IF GSP used PEDs to train, and tapered to fight, I suppose I could forgive him, but again, when you taper is when the effects are most pronounced.

I don't think fighters should use strength enhancement PEDs. I don't have a problem with them using limited recovery PEDs.

Ban hGH, Test, anabolic steroids and EPO. One use and you're suspended for a year. Two and it's two years. Three and you're out.

Allow cortisone, IGF-1 and other recovery PEDs (but not hGH).

So it depends on what GSP might have used for me to critize him.

So a guy who greases to win, is above using PEDs? Not sure how you come to that rationalization... Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 10:24 AM
jimbonice

Lee Murrays Cell Mate -
jimbonice - What if Dana was the don king mma? Could you imagine? Phone Post 3.0

Bit dramatic don't you think? Do you remember Don King? One of the major figures in boxing's ruin. You really think Dana is the DK of MMA? C'mon son.
When you are done flossing your one tooth with Dana's dick, maybe try to put your Lance Armstrong/gsp comparo into perspective. The don king/blaf comparison may be ridiculous, but it is less so than your pedantic muse, sonny boy. Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 10:25 AM
Is_Normal

Lee Murrays Cell Mate - First... I'm not saying I believe this, it's just a what if...

But, could you imagine if GSP, the golden boy, professional, gentleman, icon, champion, was found out to be a steroid abuser? Imagine the ramifications.

The sad thing is, with the landscape of modern sports today, I wouldn't be that surprised. It happens so much in other sports, it would almost be fitting.
Live strong. Phone Post 3.0
Who the hell do you think you are Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 10:28 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

jimbonice - 
Lee Murrays Cell Mate -

When you are done flossing your one tooth with Dana's dick, maybe try to put your Lance Armstrong/gsp comparo into perspective. The don king/blaf comparison may be ridiculous, but it is less so than your pedantic muse, sonny boy. Phone Post 3.0

I would jimbonice, but my one tooth is so fucking busy flicking your momma's clit, I can't find the time to find that sort of perspective. Sorry bout it.
1/16/14 10:29 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

Is_Normal - 
Lee Murrays Cell Mate - First... I'm not saying I believe this, it's just a what if...

But, could you imagine if GSP, the golden boy, professional, gentleman, icon, champion, was found out to be a steroid abuser? Imagine the ramifications.

The sad thing is, with the landscape of modern sports today, I wouldn't be that surprised. It happens so much in other sports, it would almost be fitting.
Live strong. Phone Post 3.0
Who the hell do you think you are Phone Post 3.0

Your father. Now go make me a fucking sandwich.
1/16/14 11:50 AM
DirtehSneakehs

Lee Murrays Cell Mate -
JoeHurley -
Lee Murrays Cell Mate - Let the hate begin, haha.
The point is there is no point. It's a what if. Marion Jones, Pettite, McGwire, Shawne Merriman, Sosa, Ben Johnson, Armstrong, Clemens, A-Rod....
The list goes goes on and on. It happens.
Listen, I'm a huge fan of GSP, I was just thinking how fucking crazy it would be if that happened on that level in this sport. Don't lynch me guys. Just stirring the pot for discussion. Phone Post 3.0

You said it yourself, it's happened a bunch of times with athletes who are far more popular and recognizable.  If it came out GSP did use PEDs then I doubt it would be the big deal you make it out to be.  It wouldn't be the first or even second time a UFC champ was found to have used so how would that be crazy on this level of the sport?  If Royce Gracie testing positive didn't destroy the MMA world when it happened then I doubt GSP doing so would end the sport.  It's nothing new.

You may be right. When did Royce pop? I think GSP popping may be bigger just because the sport has grown so much and GSP is always in the discussion of all time pound for pound. But fans do have a way of forgiving their idols/heroes. Now if it happened during his reign that would be a much larger issue. Phone Post 3.0
If you have to ask when did Royce pop are you on a thread about PED use? Go research some shit. Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 12:28 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if the moon was made of cheese and I could have a bite?

Yes its kind of corny and doesn't quite have the same level of sexual issues that many of the "what if" stories seem to have on this thread, but I'm going with it anyway as I used to hear it growing up a lot.
1/16/14 12:34 PM
You're a Good Boy

He is Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 12:41 PM
babbling monkey
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well OP, considering past alligations, the way Canada has never failed anyone, and combine it with the way they handled the weigh-ins during the Diaz fight you might be on to something.

Let me know if GSP sues you.
1/16/14 12:53 PM
bjws

Lee Murrays Cell Mate - 
JoeHurley -
Lee Murrays Cell Mate - Let the hate begin, haha.
The point is there is no point. It's a what if. Marion Jones, Pettite, McGwire, Shawne Merriman, Sosa, Ben Johnson, Armstrong, Clemens, A-Rod....
The list goes goes on and on. It happens.
Listen, I'm a huge fan of GSP, I was just thinking how fucking crazy it would be if that happened on that level in this sport. Don't lynch me guys. Just stirring the pot for discussion. Phone Post 3.0

You said it yourself, it's happened a bunch of times with athletes who are far more popular and recognizable.  If it came out GSP did use PEDs then I doubt it would be the big deal you make it out to be.  It wouldn't be the first or even second time a UFC champ was found to have used so how would that be crazy on this level of the sport?  If Royce Gracie testing positive didn't destroy the MMA world when it happened then I doubt GSP doing so would end the sport.  It's nothing new.

You may be right. When did Royce pop? I think GSP popping may be bigger just because the sport has grown so much and GSP is always in the discussion of all time pound for pound. But fans do have a way of forgiving their idols/heroes. Now if it happened during his reign that would be a much larger issue. Phone Post 3.0

Just stop posting now. You dont' know when Royce popped, you aren't enough of a fan to even be on this board let alone starting silly threads like this.
1/16/14 1:02 PM
jimbonice

Lee Murrays Cell Mate -
jimbonice - 
Lee Murrays Cell Mate -

I would jimbonice, but my one tooth is so fucking busy flicking your momma's clit, I can't find the time to find that sort of perspective. Sorry bout it.
Well, she's dead jerk off, so I gather live bitches are out of your league? What a fuckin' tool. Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 1:19 PM
SOO72

What if you were a Zuffa paid poster?
1/16/14 3:35 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mods please move to What If ground where it belongs Phone Post 3.0
1/16/14 3:56 PM
The Pendulum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was 10 years after Lance started winning that they were able to pop him. And because of that technically he was cheating but what he was doing wasn't illegal. It's a grey area, and why people bring in laws based on morality in order to cover that area.

In my eyes, what Lance did was morally wrong, but I don't blame him for doing so.

And that would cover Georges too, because even though he will be on something (whether that be supplements or otherwise) what he is doing isn't outright illegal. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 10:59 AM
bhealthy

If gsp cleans up the sport, greasegate will probably be forgiven.
1/26/14 3:06 AM
WidespreadPanic

If you want to read the real (so far) story on Lance, read "Wheelmen". http://www.amazon.com/Wheelmen-Armstrong-France-Greatest-Conspiracy-ebook/dp/B00C1N92YY

Crazy. ACCORDING TO THE BOOK. Sheryl Crow knew, his first wife Linda hande out pills. LA did other stuff, was a sex-addict. Injected right in front of people and taunted them after his team made the person get on the doping program.

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK Had the EPO in his fridge in the open in the 'egg drawer'.

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK Now, get this. After he retired in 2006, he made a comeback. He said he did NOT dope for 2009. He said he stopped doping. BUT, he still had Michele Ferrari on payroll TO THIS DAY.

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK LANCE DOPED to win those 'fun runs type races, or Triathlons' (though they have a pro division and prises).

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK He probaboy doped to ride the Leadvill 100 mile dirt bike race - with a bunch of grubby hard core clean dudes TWICE

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK, it hints he probably doped to run the NY Marathon (twice).

I can forgive him doping among Euro bike racers who all did it. I can't forgive him making his wife and Cheryl Crow buy in, lying to his kids, destroying Emma Reilly's career (she was a masseuse), destroying Simeoni, destroying Betsy and Frankie (he lost his job). He destroyed Greg LeMond's bike business (got Trek to drop him) Yes all ACCORDING TO THE BOOK. I have no first hand knowledge.

ACCORDING TO THE BOOK He sued people that told the truth. Yes, he was part of a huge doping ring, hundreds of people. Trek knew but didn't ask. Nike knew but didn't ask. Amgen knew (it manufactured EPO). Billion-aire sponsors all knew. Hell I bet Postal knew at some levels USPS).

Did Georget dope. Did he take performance enhancing substances. We  don't know what. It could have been an occasional pain killer, could have been other banned substances. It could have been grease. But, I agree, he's a choir boy compared to LA, if all that is true about Lance.

Can George clean up the sport. He's brave to try.

1/26/14 4:37 AM
blueberrycoconutmilk
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No No and No. BOOOOOO!!!!!!! Dum Dum speculation. Redickulous analogy.
LA would never call for additional drug testing.
1/26/14 6:48 AM
Lee Murrays Cell Mate

"Hook. Line. Sinker."
--Troll Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.