UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Phil Davis ready to fight, waiting for an opponent

1/20/14 12:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 
SurenoBlue - 
KingofBJJ - 
SurenoBlue - 
KingofBJJ - He should be fighting Gus, but the UFC remembers how that ended, so they Gus an easy fight. They made sure Rashad didn't fight Gus either, so they made him fight Daniel.

It's all a ploy.

Youre fucking retarded.

Gus was GREEN when he fought Davis. He knew NOTHING about grappling

Now Gus is a certified great grappler (watch Jones fight) and a more experienced striker too

Gus would beat the breaks off of Davis.

Yawn. Gus had nine fights under his belt by the time he and Davis fought, he was anything but green by MMA standards.  Not to mention Davis only had 5 fights at the time.

LOL! You are mentally handicapped if you think today's Gus will be much different. Davis's wrestling exceeds Jones's.

Davis is the one who taught Gus how to grapple you idiot.

Let's take this a step further who has Gus fought to warrant a title fight?  Hmmmm.  Rua, and aging knee worn warrior, who even loss to Sonnen?  Thiago? Hamill? 

Let's look at Phil's:  Lil Nog.  Machida and even Boetsch back around when Davis first got into MMA.

How fucking stupid can you be? Jesus christ

I said Gus was GREEN in his grappling when he fought Davis.....and obvious, it was the grappling that decided that fight....

Even then....have you actually seen the fight?

Gus was stuffing Davis' takedowns. It wasnt until Gus went for a takedown hinself that he left his neck out there and got caught by Davis...In other words Gus pulled a Shogun vs Sonnen...

It was a very close and contested fight either way and that was back when Gus was still a NOVICE grappler, while Davis was the much more experienced grappler

Gus has IMPROVED HIS grappling TEN FOLD since that fight. Its been Davis himself who has helped Gus with his wrestling since then.

That also shows how driven and strong Gus is. He stared training with the guy who beat him, so that he could turn that weakness into a strength. Gus' grappling is now a strength

You ever heard the saying, "the student surpasses his master"

If Gus and Davis fought today GUS WOULD beat up on Davis worse then when Gus beat up on Jones

Gus has much better grappling now(learned from Davis himself) and is a much much much better striker. Davis would get his takedowns stuffed and then would get battered on the feet by Gus

Youre original post was so ridicilous with all your crazy theories I didnt even bother responding. I know what you were trying to lead on.

From what ive seen of you, you always obsessively hate on white fighters while obsessively riding the jock of black fighters. Youre a fucking racist. And you are by FAR one of the WORST posters here

It boggels my mind how some good posters get banned YET a shit poster like you is still here

Keep dreaming in your fantasy land, it must be nice to be so far detached from reality.

Here is what is real. Jones is still champ. Davis is still undefeated. And Gus is, well...the great White Hype.

I thought Rashad beat Davis?
1/20/14 12:55 AM
IronWill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - The problem is hes already earned his title shot but the titles tied up at the moment so they dont really have anyone for him.
No, just no. Davis is looking great lately but a win as controversial as his over Machida does not earn you a title shot. He needs to fight someone in the top ten/top five preferably and win in dominant fashion, then he has earned his shot.

Even if it is just a boring UD. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 7:24 AM
Sortilege
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 
Sortilege - Joe Silva offered Phil Davis vs Ovince Saint Preux for the Dec 28 (UFC 168) card. OSP accepted and Phil Davis declined citing a knee injury.

Some people may laugh at the matchup but the fact remains that Davis is getting matchups, he just doesn't like them.

Truth.

Jesus go back to watching WWE kid. I swear these forums need to have credit cards as a restriction to joining these boards.

OSP? What the heck has he accomplished? Phil took on Nog and Machida, but he would suddenly fake an injury for a guy who is second tier?

Honestly, I should learn to ignore you teenagers when you make these ridiculous and less than thought out statements.

Joe Silva's reasoning was that Vince was 10-1 in the last 3 years so he wanted to give him a step up in competition & keep Phil Davis busy at the same time.

Ovince has never turned down a fight, the same could not be said of other fighters...

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a coach...
1/20/14 11:29 AM
EckY
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero interest in a Phil Davis fight. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.