UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My take on it all...

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1/18/14 11:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Odin
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/14 10:09 AM

I have been quietly lurking this board for over 15 years. I have been a serious fan of the sport since viewing UFC 1, and have traveled to view every UFC from #2 through #60, until life got in the way, and still have attended some other key UFC 's since. I have tons of cool stories, photos, signatures etc from the very beginning. I spoke regularly with John McCarthy's wife (Elaine), that owned Katella travel, and she would fax me all of the fight cards ahead of time, and I would purchase flight, hotel, fight tix, and private after party tix to hang out with the fighters, all through Elaine's travel agency. It was exciting back in the day, especially to interact with the fighters afterwards. I became so interested, I started to train BJJ at a local BJJ school, and brought back a ton of stories to my school, about the interactions with the fighters etc. The best part was, the student that showed the most interest in my back stage stories, ultimately became a top UFC star.

My whole point to my post, I have stayed under a rock for 15 years, never posting once, only enjoying everyone else's posts. I never thought any of my stories were worthy of the UG, afterall there was a GreenNamer who went by "Dan the Wolfman" who had stories and experiences that squashed anything I could ever rehash. Hell, he was a fighter, training other fighters, and I was just a lifelong fan.

It is obvious that this forum is made up of a lot of alpha males (and females) ...

a) some with major accomplishments
b) some that pretend to have accomplishments, but are quickly "straightened the fuck out" by the UG mob
c) some that have accomplishments, but exaggerate and embellish to appear even greater than they are
d) some that have no major accomplishments, but respect everyone, and still have thoughtful and meaningful posts

The one person that I never could figure out was DTW, and where he fit in. Clearly an alpha male with all of the fighting experience and training. One would assume he fits into the (a) category. But when conflicting information surfaced, some pro-fighters giving a reality check, and information about winning a lottery ticket to get into Pride surfaced, I felt he could possible fit into category (c).

As a result, my first post in 15 years was adding $500 to the pot, towards a regulated bout of DTW against Nader. This post, being my second.

I am against bullying, ganging up on, and everything related to that, but I am also against someone who may have (some reasonable accomplishments) but finds the need to embellish, exaggerate for the benefit of making a profit. It is not any different than the bullshido threads. If someone embellishes (their personal experiences) for profit, there should be something done about it.

Just wanted to give an unbiased opinion, from a 15 year forum lurker.
Thanks for reading.

-Odin
1/18/14 11:40 AM
The Loge
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU GOAT Lurker! Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:41 AM
sycotik
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - VTFU GOAT Lurker! Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:43 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - Fucking in. Congrats on the epic lurking OP Phone Post 3.0

I don't think there is a greater example of epic lurking. Does it get better than an 01'er with his first post that is actually a damn good post?

His one post just crushed the million posts made by retarded 10ers, tro11s, TUFers, 12ers, etc. 

1/18/14 11:43 AM
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op is my hero Phone Post
1/18/14 11:44 AM
Galanis
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In

1/18/14 11:44 AM
EvilMaster

lol
1/18/14 11:45 AM
ThinkMMA
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This.

Lay it down. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:47 AM
Leghound
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP just won the internet.  Holy shit.  The most epic of epic lurks and dropping posts like this??  Mind bottling.  Can't wait til 2025 to see his next post.

1/18/14 11:48 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - VTFU GOAT Lurker! Phone Post 3.0

This!

1/18/14 11:50 AM
Deputy Porker

Can't wait for you next post after another 13 years Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:52 AM
Galanis
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odin vs Ookla the Mok for UG HW title

1/18/14 12:12 PM
The Loge
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - Great post OP, everyone on here is ready to push a guy to suicide over green arrows

VTFU
Go cuck elsewhere fag. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:14 PM
The Loge

Leghound -

OP just won the internet.  Holy shit.  The most epic of epic lurks and dropping posts like this??  Mind bottling.  Can't wait til 2025 to see his next post.

It reminds me of how Japanese soldiers were still being found alive and in hiding on Pacific islands in the 70's. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:15 PM
Mexirican
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. VTFU
1/18/14 12:19 PM
bluesville
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - 
Leghound -

It reminds me of how Japanese soldiers were still being found alive and in hiding on Pacific islands in the 70's. Phone Post 3.0

ha ha ah VU
1/18/14 12:21 PM
CowboysStuntDouble
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great post op VTFU Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:28 PM
Malvert the Janitor
887 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's been watching all along.... Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:35 PM
joesonshuevos
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAT and VU

1/18/14 12:35 PM
Humboldt
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A 14 year lurk. Damn. Hats off man. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:57 PM
BobbyBigLug
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 1:26 PM
grimer
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You lurked for that long and decided to finally post about some ridiculous internet drama between a bunch of keyboard warriors on a message board?

Glad you are finally posting but why wait so long just to jump in the middle of this circle jerk?
1/18/14 1:26 PM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 1:42 PM
MrMead
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grimer - You lurked for that long and decided to finally post about some ridiculous internet drama between a bunch of keyboard warriors on a message board?

Glad you are finally posting but why wait so long just to jump in the middle of this circle jerk?
This. What a fucking stupid thing to finally post about. Out of all that has happened in MMA since you joined this message board, this is what finally got you to post. Are you a woman? Pathetic. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 1:48 PM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After all that time this is the issue that you got excited?
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.