UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anthony Johnson back in UFC?

1/19/14 12:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InconsiderateSerra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morgz - He's been doing great and can probably compete with a decent chunk of current LHW's. But, right now I don't see him having anything for Jones, Gufstaffsen, etc Phone Post 3.0

Maybe, but the UFC has cards to fill and on that basis, has to maintain a roster of fighters.

We all know most of them aren't going to be champs but are still a blast to watch and 'on any given day' can throw that big overhand right that could sleep whoever.

Hopefully Rumble learned his lesson about absurd weight cuts, but his comments come off like he may be overvaluing himself a bit. He needs a Jew agent in his life.
1/19/14 12:17 PM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 -
MMALOGIC -

He should really be at MW.

This. Phone Post 3.0
or heavyweight lol. Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 1:15 PM
BLPorritt
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

agreed. he hits like a truck at either weight class

1/19/14 5:48 PM
ipponssting
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fight with Fabio Maldonado could be entertaining.

And yeah, he should be fighting at middleweight Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 7:27 PM
madmav
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed. AJ back to ufc.
1/19/14 9:25 PM
slamming

MMALOGIC - 

He tried that, didnt work out too well for him.

I like him at 205, he's tall and is still a good size for the division.

Im interested to see what he could do in the UFC's 205 division.

1/19/14 11:25 PM
Acecool72

Yeah I think 205 is where he should stay he looks good there and he doesn't look small for the division Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 11:45 PM
ruger007

He could take Jones 2 out of 5.

Just saying.
1/19/14 11:53 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 - 
MMALOGIC -

This. Phone Post 3.0

Why? He's a decent-sized LHW and clearly has a lot of trouble cutting these days. Plus if he misses weight again I think Dana will ban him for life.
1/20/14 1:02 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could be entirely wrong here and too much pot has made my mind invent shit - but wasn't Rumble 185 the day before weigh ins for the Vitor fight, then had some kidney issues? Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 1:13 AM
Errk
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we'll see him back. We will see him in UFC title contention? Who knows?

Dude has scary power though and looks mean now that he's fighting at a more natural weight for him. If he's been working his submission defense it could make for some interesting bouts.
1/20/14 1:13 AM
Louisvillain
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gotta love a guy who has fought in 4 different weight classes. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 1:31 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there's no way he can make MW. he is doing fine at LHW and he has the height/reach to be competitive at LHW. hits like a monster and has a wrestling background so he has a chance to do big things in the UFC if he returns, would love to see him fight someone like te huna or anyone willing to stand with him.
1/20/14 3:12 AM
Il Duce
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - I could be entirely wrong here and too much pot has made my mind invent shit - but wasn't Rumble 185 the day before weigh ins for the Vitor fight, then had some kidney issues? Phone Post 3.0
You're inventing stuff. He got close to 186 the day of weigh-ins, within a couple pounds I believe, then couldn't feel his legs or something scary like that, and the doc forced him to rehydrate Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 4:02 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce -
JBASS - I could be entirely wrong here and too much pot has made my mind invent shit - but wasn't Rumble 185 the day before weigh ins for the Vitor fight, then had some kidney issues? Phone Post 3.0
You're inventing stuff. He got close to 186 the day of weigh-ins, within a couple pounds I believe, then couldn't feel his legs or something scary like that, and the doc forced him to rehydrate Phone Post 3.0
Thought so, been getting some quality bud lately lol Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 5:56 AM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce -
if a guy cant get to 185 without losing the feeling in his legs, maybe 205 is for him. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 7:14 AM
TheHebrewHammer
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fight with Jimmy Manuwa could be nice Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 7:40 AM
IronWill

JohnnyB1 -
buvaiser - Ben askren couldnt get in with like a 11 win streak.

That's because Ben is exciting as watching paint dry. Rumble is exciting.

Ugh.. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 7:59 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyB1 -
buvaiser - Ben askren couldnt get in with like a 11 win streak.

That's because Ben is exciting as watching paint dry. Rumble is exciting.

This.

UFC is entertainment first and foremost, and Rumble brings it. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 9:27 AM
Morgz
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InconsiderateSerra -
Morgz - He's been doing great and can probably compete with a decent chunk of current LHW's. But, right now I don't see him having anything for Jones, Gufstaffsen, etc Phone Post 3.0

Maybe, but the UFC has cards to fill and on that basis, has to maintain a roster of fighters.

We all know most of them aren't going to be champs but are still a blast to watch and 'on any given day' can throw that big overhand right that could sleep whoever.

Hopefully Rumble learned his lesson about absurd weight cuts, but his comments come off like he may be overvaluing himself a bit. He needs a Jew agent in his life.
Agree completely. I posted that after reading someone saying he might have something for Jones...I should have just quoted that post. You are dead on though Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.