UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Superbowl may ruin UFC 169

1/22/14 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NFL Exec said the Super Bowl this year may be moved to Saturday night due to a possible snow storm on Sunday night in NY.  That would obviously kill ufc 169 as you UG people are the only ones who like MMA more than Football (most of you that is). Ariel Helwani retweeted the guy saying this.

So not only are Dana's precious New England Patriots NOT in the Super Bowl again this year, he may get royally fucked by the game being pushed back a day which i'm all for.  I hate watching it late on Sunday nights and going to college the next day hungover.  Go Broncos & go Barao 

1/22/14 3:35 PM
Happiness Bunny
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The two teams in states with legalized marijuana are getting together for a bowl..
1/22/14 3:37 PM

Happiness Bunny - The two teams in states with legalized marijuana are getting together for a bowl..

Nah, its just cause Peyton Manning is the second greatest QB of all time and he has today's best offense of all time while the SeaHawks have the best defense of today.  Manning is going to rape their secondary though 

1/22/14 3:47 PM
DoomFarmer
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seahawks, bitch. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 3:48 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

169 will do low numbers regardless.
You're a Good Boy

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -
Happiness Bunny - The two teams in states with legalized marijuana are getting together for a bowl..

Nah, its just cause Peyton Manning is the second greatest QB of all time and he has today's best offense of all time while the SeaHawks have the best defense of today.  Manning is going to rape their secondary though 

No he won't. Seahawks win. Phone Post 3.0
SpicyTaco20

Calebcb - 169 will do low numbers regardless.
No they will do 600K I think Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 3:50 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm considering purchasing 169. Fantastic card Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 3:50 PM

SpicyTaco20 - 
Calebcb - 169 will do low numbers regardless.
No they will do 600K I think Phone Post 3.0

Lmfao 600k? C'mon.  Superbowl on the same day or not its not doing over 500k. 

1/22/14 3:51 PM

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - I'm considering purchasing 169. Fantastic card Phone Post 3.0

I'm going to the bar to watch it for sure, unless they actually moved the SB to that night. 

1/22/14 3:56 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

My guess is 400-500k and the odds of them moving the Super Bowl are 1-1000 and that is being generous. Way too much money to move it and it's going to be in the 30s, NO CHANCE it is moved.
1/22/14 4:02 PM
newjack900
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It won't be saturday night guaranteed. If anything it would be moved to Monday Night
1/22/14 4:02 PM
TSMontana
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having the SB in NJ was a stupid idea.
1/22/14 4:06 PM

newjack900 - It won't be saturday night guaranteed. If anything it would be moved to Monday Night

On ESPN this morning they showed that Monday was actually supposed to be worse than Saturday wheather wise. So it'll either be Sunday as usual or Saturday night.

1/22/14 4:15 PM
Effstrikingmeansdamage

2nd best? Who's better? Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 4:19 PM

Effstrikingmeansdamage - 

2nd best? Who's better? Phone Post 3.0

1. Joe Montana 

2. Peyton Manning 

3. Tom Brady 

4. Brett Favre

5. John Elway 

1/22/14 4:29 PM
Elite Hunting

TSMontana - Having the SB in NJ was a stupid idea.

Not from a financial standpoint.
1/22/14 5:07 PM
RKing85
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stupid to run the event the night before anyways.

They are going to get no media coverage at all in the New York/New Jersey market.
1/22/14 5:13 PM
stevekt
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC on Super Bowl weekend in Vegas has been somewhat of an annual tradition for me. I was rather disappointed when I heard the super bowl show got moved to New Jersey. I'm going to Rousey vs McMann a few weeks later but it won't have the same atmosphere. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 5:16 PM
Chris27

Guy is on Yes Francesa show, the CBS weather guy is saying the 10 day out model is showing that its possible that a storm happens on Super Sunday.  Saying its early and things change but its def gonna be cold enough and it looks like a storm could happen.

I still dont think they would move it.

1/22/14 5:19 PM
K.C. MacPherson Fan
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They won't change the super bowl date. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive and wayyyyyyyyy too big of a pain in the ass Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 5:22 PM
Gfropr

If the Superbowl got moved I think Dana would cancel 169. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 5:27 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only way it is moved is if they are getting a monster blizzard where travel is impossible. Any kind of 4 to 6 inch storrm will not move the game

1/22/14 5:34 PM
RearNakedToke
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will be crazy expensive to move all the festivities and advertising to Saturday. And either way they are gonna freeze so what does it matter? Maybe this will teach the NFL to hold that shit in a dome if they want to have a SuperBowl in a northern city in Winter. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 5:43 PM
IronArmy87
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TSMontana - Having the SB in NJ was a stupid idea.
Football is a cold weather sport. I don't get why the years biggest game can't be played in Jersey.

Barring a foot-plus of snow the game will go off without a hitch. It's just something else for the media to talk about since the game gets 2 weeks of hype.

I've been to plenty of Jets games in bad weather and the snow games are memorable. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.