UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: 2008 car chase was to save friend

1/23/14 10:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In 2008, Quinton Rampage Jackson was infamously involved in a car chase in which he hits other vehicles, scared pedestrians, and was eventually stopped by armed police. This event recently came up again by Rampage himself when discussing his bout with Tito Ortiz. Rampage disclosed the new information to MMAJunkie:

While defending his former training partner and would-be opponent Tito Ortiz, Bellator light heavyweight and ex-UFC champ Quinton “Rampage” Jackson made a startling claim about an infamous part of his personal history.

Jackson, 35, said a 2008 police chase that resulted in his arrest was the result of his effort to stop a suicide.

“All I was doing was getting to my friend because he really needed me,” he today told MMAjunkie Radio. “My friend was going to commit suicide.”

“They never talked about the outcome of things, and so now I’m branded as a certain type of person that did this and did that,” he said. “The true story is not even out there that I saved a life that day.”

read entire article...

1/23/14 10:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruh roh. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 10:55 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real life? Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 10:57 PM
time traveling 12er
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was his friends name "career"?

1/23/14 11:01 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“I thought I heard the voice of God telling me to go save Brian,” he said in an interview Thursday after his arraignment on two felony evading arrest charges. “I felt if I didn’t get to Brian, he would die.”

Now, he says, he believes he was irrational because of lack of sleep and nutrition.

“What was I thinking?” he said. “l know now that Brian was never in danger. …But I really thought at the time that he was about to die.”

The article also says that Rampage doesn’t recall being chased by the police or hitting other cars, but does remember, “driving over the median, almost hitting a woman at a bus bench on a sidewalk, driving on the wrong side of the road, and that something was wrong with one of his tires.”

So he remembers doing some illegal shit, but not all of it, and that’s why he should be let off the hook. The hell of it is, he says he accepts “full responsibility” for what happened. And yet he’s pleading not guilty. How does that work, exactly? He accepts responsibility, as long as there are no consequences attached? In other words, he’s content to say he’s at fault, but not be treated as such. Should be interesting to see how that argument plays in court.

http://www.cagepotato.com/rampage-isnt-guiltybecause-he-had-no-idea-what-he-was-doing/ Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:02 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/14 11:03 PM
ajjroller beat me to it.
1/23/14 11:04 PM
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So getting arrested at gunpoint saved his friend?
1/23/14 11:04 PM
Dead President
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is this coming up again? Isn't this ancient history? Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:06 PM
WelterweightBatman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put multiple lives at risk to save one. Okay Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:08 PM
Jeon Sa

This vilify has an excuse for everything.

This just in Rampage believes trainer poisoned him in title fight against Griffin. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:10 PM
Se7enout

:)
1/23/14 11:11 PM
ABE FROMAN CRE-AMED ME

endless victim mentality disorder
1/23/14 11:15 PM
ShanTheMan
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like bullshit. I don't care about vote downs, I am bashing a criminal not a fighter.
1/23/14 11:16 PM
JROTT
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't some pregnant lady lose her baby? Save a life to take a life? Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:16 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Didn't he cause a woman to lose her unborn baby? Seems like he broke even, at best. Phone Post
1/23/14 11:17 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

JROTT - Didn't some pregnant lady lose her baby? Save a life to take a life? Phone Post 3.0
Beat me to it by 0 minutes. Phone Post
1/23/14 11:18 PM
FETT_TFK_Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you save someone if you get arrested on the way there lol fucking delusional ... Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:20 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take a life, put other lives in danger to save a life. Makes sense........

Said no one ever Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:21 PM
JROTT
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
JROTT - Didn't some pregnant lady lose her baby? Save a life to take a life? Phone Post 3.0
BeatYouBecauseILoveYou

No homo, except for the homo Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:25 PM
FETT_TFK_Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:27 PM
lildragonof
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Newman defense Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:29 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
I beat you both but I diddnt wanna upset the harmony. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:30 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend

WelterweightBatman - Put multiple lives at risk to save one. Okay Phone Post 3.0
Cant make an omlette without breaking a few unborn babies

See. Thats what I didn't post before you posted that Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 11:31 PM
gorgesjorj
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAjunkie Radio, Host
JROTT - Didn't some pregnant lady lose her baby? Save a life to take a life? Phone Post 3.0

Read the article ...

===

Jackson initially was charged with multiple felonies in connection with the case, but ultimately agreed to a plea bargain on lesser charges and served community service. Orange County District Attorney spokesperson Farrah Emami today told MMAjunkie that the office found no evidence that Jackson had anything to do with the reported miscarriage.

"The evidence actually indicated otherwise – he was not responsible," she said. "He's absolutely correct about that. He was not responsible for that miscarriage."

Court records show Griggs sued Jackson in civil court in May 2009 but withdrew her claim seven months later.

===

GG
1/23/14 11:40 PM
Shawn33
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His friend was depressed because he could never become a banker.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.