UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shamrock comes clean about prior steroid use

1/25/14 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jake95
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas looks pissed but damn Shamrock finaly came clean!!

1/25/14 4:18 PM
jamesklyne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake95 -

He didn't come clean. Like others have said, he only shook off a little layer of dirt. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 4:26 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jamesklyne - 
Jake95 -

He didn't come clean. Like others have said, he only shook off a little layer of dirt. Phone Post 3.0

agreed.

i find his comments about how he used steroids to be a little unbelievable.... in between UFC 2 and 3 (i think) he gained about 25 lbs of LBM...
1/25/14 4:27 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^i also doubt he only used them in training, and cycled off to fight, even though there was no drug test (at the beginning of his career).

1/25/14 4:29 PM
BshMstr

Sprawl'n'Stall - Agreed ^^^^

Classic Ken Shamrock: says a few precious gem comments among a pile of half-truths.

I don't blame him for tip toeing around the issue. People (general public) can get so up in arms with overreactions and uneducated comments that why would an athlete fully come clean on the subject? He'd be instantly branded a cheater.

yeah, i think he said said enough here... he really didn't damage his rep or anyone else's, but still managed to address the issue, just a bit.

1/25/14 4:30 PM
bruised
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not using during a fight doesn't mean much, IMO. Use PEDs during camp, cycle off, use gains in fight. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 4:30 PM
Bry Bry

lol at Ken never using steroid pre-fight...just look at the way he looked throughout his mma career, 250 pounds shredded for the most part...im quite sure he was cycling ON for 90% of his mma career..
1/25/14 4:31 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

TwoCanVanneDamne - Ken was juiced out of his mind whilst fighting in Japan. He's still lying, and it's hardly a revelation that he was using anyway. I don't care either way though tbh Phone Post 3.0
He did say he never entered the "cage" while on roids... Japan used a rin Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 4:31 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz -
TwoCanVanneDamne - Ken was juiced out of his mind whilst fighting in Japan. He's still lying, and it's hardly a revelation that he was using anyway. I don't care either way though tbh Phone Post 3.0
He did say he never entered the "cage" while on roids... Japan used a rin Phone Post 3.0
Ring* Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 4:41 PM
BshMstr

bruised - Not using during a fight doesn't mean much, IMO. Use PEDs during camp, cycle off, use gains in fight. Phone Post 3.0

obviously we're debating the hypothetical here, but it really does matter, depending on the time..

if he cycle off the day prior, then he wouldn't lose much (and in my opinion, isn't really off, either).

but if he did a real PCT, then he would lose at least several pounds of LBM, as well as some of the RBC (due to natural turnover). and depending on the compound, strength could be down quite a bit as well.....

1/25/14 4:43 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Testing at the bottom is fucking stupid, you have to show that you're doing it at the top and that it is not tolerated at all.

Sure you can use and maybe it makes the difference to get into the UFC but if they're testing correctly the extra benefits should be dropping off far before you make it into the big pay days and its a minor issue instead of a major one.

I also have a hard time believing that when Ken started losing he didnt also over compensate as much as possible whenever possible.
1/25/14 4:53 PM
BshMstr

demonsurge - Testing at the bottom is fucking stupid, you have to show that you're doing it at the top and that it is not tolerated at all.

Sure you can use and maybe it makes the difference to get into the UFC but if they're testing correctly the extra benefits should be dropping off far before you make it into the big pay days and its a minor issue instead of a major one.

I also have a hard time believing that when Ken started losing he didnt also over compensate as much as possible whenever possible.

i think you missed the point Ken made, that pointed out when you have the money, you can get around the test.

1/25/14 5:11 PM
Mdson
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.

The best results from using steroids become after you are off the cycle. So, in theory, Ken is speaking the truth, lol.
1/25/14 5:27 PM
BlueDream
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mdson - 
BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.

The best results from using steroids become after you are off the cycle. So, in theory, Ken is speaking the truth, lol.

Agree kinda...My point being even if you're not on roids at that exact moment, the longterm benefits of taking them will still be there. At best he's being dishonest. I tend to think he's out right lying.
1/25/14 5:30 PM
Stone Rolled
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken said he was on roids, but never enter the ring while on it. That's like a cheating spouse saying I only commited adultery a few times, and I never touched your sister.

Of course he competed while on roids. Reason he's claiming he didn't. He didn't want every win of his to be tarnished. He lost to Royce Gracie even on roids, this makes him look very bad.
1/25/14 5:32 PM
BshMstr

Mdson - 

Huh?

like, how?

1/25/14 6:37 PM
Jack Skellington
732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody knew he juiced while pro wrestling. No shocker there.
1/25/14 6:41 PM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think at 2:11 he meant to say that "I think this should be IMPLIMENTED in these gyms" rather than "this should be IMPLICATED in these gyms"?

1/25/14 6:46 PM
ranier wolfcastle
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/14 6:47 PM

he would definately beat tito in a public speaking match

at least he didnt give the standard answer: every fighter out there is on steroids, except me

1/25/14 6:48 PM
MMA Playwright
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once You’ve Used Steroids, Is It Possible to Ever Compete Clean Again?

1/25/14 6:51 PM
slamming

Fattiecorpuscle - He's well spoken but some of what he says doesn't make sense, especially what he said about TRT at the end in regards to Weidman's comments.

Dude, he's not accusing anybody, Everybody knows Vitor is on TRT, he's stated that himself. It's a fact.

He skirted around the question on that one. Phone Post
Plus, he explained what cycling was, says he's used steroids but denies going into a the cage on steroids. You just told us what you actually did Ken. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 8:04 PM
MonsterMyke
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is this breaking news? Everyone already knew. I guess it don't count until you admit it. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 8:07 PM
Smith1234
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Everyone was "juicing" back then, except maybe the Gracies. Obviously Royce was not, seeing as bony as he was.

I would be more shocked if Ken said that he was NOT taking steroids back then.

Like most illegal or controlled substances, Steroids have real beneficial medical uses besides building brute strength. They are used to kill certain parasites or bugs that get in your blood stream or skin. The best known use is to hasten recovery to joint injuries.

If mother nature had her way, our bodies could be just as strong as apes. But increasing our testosterone only makes our heart work harder and decreases our naturally testosterone output.

In other words and gains are only short term, with long term costs eventually.
When Royce got popped for roids, he had absolutely no physical indication he was on roids.

Therefore, we can't rule out that he was roofing back in the day just because he doesn't look like it. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 8:18 PM
slamming

Smith1234 -
KingofBJJ - Everyone was "juicing" back then, except maybe the Gracies. Obviously Royce was not, seeing as bony as he was.

I would be more shocked if Ken said that he was NOT taking steroids back then.

Like most illegal or controlled substances, Steroids have real beneficial medical uses besides building brute strength. They are used to kill certain parasites or bugs that get in your blood stream or skin. The best known use is to hasten recovery to joint injuries.

If mother nature had her way, our bodies could be just as strong as apes. But increasing our testosterone only makes our heart work harder and decreases our naturally testosterone output.

In other words and gains are only short term, with long term costs eventually.
When Royce got popped for roids, he had absolutely no physical indication he was on roids.

Therefore, we can't rule out that he was roofing back in the day just because he doesn't look like it. Phone Post 3.0
He did look more muscular when he got popped. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 8:44 PM
Johnny101
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tenchu -
NavyCorpsman Owns Me - Never entered the cage while on roids? O rly? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah and what does that mean? Was he using during training and cycled off before the fight or has he never used during his MMA career?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's used during his career. I think he's been vocal about this in the past. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.