UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shamrock comes clean about prior steroid use

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/25/14 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tyrone sBong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a joke, there was so many holes and contradictions in that story. Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 9:09 PM
bigelz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donito Donaire Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 9:15 PM
BshMstr
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
Mdson - 
BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.

The best results from using steroids become after you are off the cycle. So, in theory, Ken is speaking the truth, lol.

I agree with this. I dont have much experience but while u are on them you are bloated with water which makes u slower and less agile. I can barely get around it bloats me so bad that I get cankles. I cant even scratch my back while I am on. I think going in off cycle while still feeling the results would be better than fighting during peak cycle.

Maybe some more experienced people can chime in.

you don't have to get bloated... if you're that immobile while "on," then you should try something else.

anybody that says results while off are better than on is crazy. if that was true, then nobody would take them in the first place.....
1/26/14 2:51 AM
tapout06
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does anyone know a site where i can watch the full episode?
1/26/14 10:44 AM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - lol at Ken never using steroid pre-fight...just look at the way he looked throughout his mma career, 250 pounds shredded for the most part...im quite sure he was cycling ON for 90% of his mma career..

Ken never fought at 250. He always been around the 220-230 area. He was only near the 250 range when he was in the WWE.
1/26/14 10:55 AM
shaqitup
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila - Does anyone recall when did they start doing the most basic steroid testing in the UFC? As far as I recall, no testing was done in the pre-Zuffa (SEG) era. I'm not sure when or to what extent Zuffa started out testing.

Since they didn't test pre-Zuffa (correct me if I'm wrong), why would Ken even bother to go off the roids just before a fight? He admitted to roiding anyway while training.

Maybe it was before he fought as a pro, or during his stint in the WWE.

Or he was just saying it to avoid backlash.
1/26/14 11:30 AM
AssassinsNATION
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn horse meat and wine again! Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 2:46 PM
Throwin'Knuckles
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
circa305 - 
Mdson - 
BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.

The best results from using steroids become after you are off the cycle. So, in theory, Ken is speaking the truth, lol.

I agree with this. I dont have much experience but while u are on them you are bloated with water which makes u slower and less agile. I can barely get around it bloats me so bad that I get cankles. I cant even scratch my back while I am on. I think going in off cycle while still feeling the results would be better than fighting during peak cycle.

you don't have to get bloated... if you're that immobile while "on," then you should try something else.

anybody that says results while off are better than on is crazy. if that was true, then nobody would take them in the first place.....

Agreed... When on cycle there are drugs you take that eliminate estrogen build up, which is a by product from taking test and a lot of other roids. Estrogen causes the water retention ( bloat ) . It also causes gyno( bitch tits ) acne and some other side effects. There are many anti estrogen pills to use to curb this. Nolvadex and Armidex are the most common. A guy can be shredded during a cycle. Or carry a bunch of water. But these Anti - estrogen pills will stop a lot of the retention of water. As far as peaking on cycle is the best. Cycling off sucks. Fatigue is a factor as well as the mental aspect. Your confidence just isn't the same. That's just how I have felt personally. I'm sure maybe some are different.
1/26/14 3:39 PM
Bry Bry

yeah whoever is saying you perform BETTER when off cycle is an idiot..pretty much everyone i know when they come off cycle they lose that mental edge and they lose strength..
1/26/14 4:04 PM
sirjoshua

BAS RUTTENS FACIAL EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/26/14 4:07 PM
Wasa-B
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuckyGoldstein - 
KingofBJJ - Everyone was "juicing" back then, except maybe the Gracies. Obviously Royce was not, seeing as bony as he was.

I would be more shocked if Ken said that he was NOT taking steroids back then.

Like most illegal or controlled substances, Steroids have real beneficial medical uses besides building brute strength. They are used to kill certain parasites or bugs that get in your blood stream or skin. The best known use is to hasten recovery to joint injuries.

If mother nature had her way, our bodies could be just as strong as apes. But increasing our testosterone only makes our heart work harder and decreases our naturally testosterone output.

In other words and gains are only short term, with long term costs eventually.

Royce tested positive before.

1/26/14 5:21 PM
Dana Stern

I think Ken was on Roids in every fight he's ever fought that I've seen. Phone Post
1/26/14 5:32 PM
Truemanc3
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There is absolutely no place for steroids in the lions den"
1/26/14 8:10 PM
RICKYB
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 5 he was juiced like a pig Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 8:46 PM
JJarvis_6

WHAT?!! Ken shamrock used steroids?!!! NO WAY!!!! Lol Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 9:39 PM
Throwin'Knuckles
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
Throwin'Knuckles - 
BshMstr - 
circa305 - 
Mdson - 

Agreed... When on cycle there are drugs you take that eliminate estrogen build up, which is a by product from taking test and a lot of other roids. Estrogen causes the water retention ( bloat ) . It also causes gyno( bitch tits ) acne and some other side effects. There are many anti estrogen pills to use to curb this. Nolvadex and Armidex are the most common. A guy can be shredded during a cycle. Or carry a bunch of water. But these Anti - estrogen pills will stop a lot of the retention of water. As far as peaking on cycle is the best. Cycling off sucks. Fatigue is a factor as well as the mental aspect. Your confidence just isn't the same. That's just how I have felt personally. I'm sure maybe some are different.

I take an excessive 1mg daily of Arimidex and I still bloat like hell. Maybe I need to eliminate all sodium from my diet? IDK any suggestions?

For me personally I think I would perform better in a fight after PTC. Yea I have more power while on but I'm giving up a lot of other factors like agility and stamina.

I'm sure these guys have it down to a science though. We already know hes lying about not going into a fight while on anyway.

Also we know Reem prefers to fight while in peak cycle. When he fights in Japan hes enters the ring fucking jacked to the gills.

I use to use the AI's . My brother has been on a continuous cycle for like 2 yrs. no AIs ( anti estrogens). He hasn't encountered any real side effects. I was always cautious on a cycle. He's fu$king huge. 5'9" like 200 205 solid . Packed out. I stop using them myself. But they are amazing .
Winny will dry you up though. Try that.
1/26/14 9:39 PM
RearNakedToke
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RondaHonda'dmymangina3744 - 
Adulterous_Zucchini -
KingofBJJ - Everyone was "juicing" back then, except maybe the Gracies. Obviously Royce was not, seeing as bony as he was.

Like most illegal or controlled substances, Steroids have real beneficial medical uses besides building brute strength. They are used to kill certain parasites or bugs that get in your blood stream or skin. The best known use is to hasten recovery to joint injuries.

If mother nature had her way, our bodies could be just as strong as apes. But increasing our testosterone only makes our heart work harder and decreases our naturally testosterone output.

didn't Royce get popped after the Hughes fight?
No I think he got popped in japan iirc Phone Post 3.0

Nope, K-1 in Los Angeles.
1/26/14 10:36 PM
MattyECB
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tenchu - 
NavyCorpsman Owns Me - Never entered the cage while on roids? O rly? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah and what does that mean? Was he using during training and cycled off before the fight or has he never used during his MMA career?

Can't really get more pathetic than trying to clean the sport while still being unable to admit you took steroids...

Oh sorry, he admitted he took them... Out of the cage :/

1/26/14 10:38 PM
MattyECB
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedToke - 
RondaHonda'dmymangina3744 - 
Adulterous_Zucchini -

didn't Royce get popped after the Hughes fight?
No I think he got popped in japan iirc Phone Post 3.0

Nope, K-1 in Los Angeles.

Yepp, it was the boring as hell Sakuraba fight and he was juiced to the fucking gills IIRC

1/26/14 11:19 PM
HexRei

NavyCorpsman Owns Me - Never entered the cage while on roids? O rly? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah that doesn't really make sense. Steroids aren't like cocaine where you do them and get immediate effects that go away after a while. It seems like he's saying he didn't shoot up in the locker room, rather than saying he was not cycling at all during or leading up to camp (where the benefits would be useful in the competition).
1/27/14 1:07 AM
Odin
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/27/14 1:32 AM
Bry Bry - look at Ken during the 2nd Ultimate Ultimate..tell me he wasnt juicing at that time...lol..

Here is a photo from the Ultimate Ultimate event you are referring too. Take a look at the "Training Partner" Ken brought into the Lions Den, to help "training and nutrition"... None other than... 280 lbs Pro Bodybuilder Dan Freeman

-Top 5 Mr. USA
-Mr. Sacramento
-Mr. Modesto
-Mr. California
-Founder of Fight Labs Sports Bodybuilding supplements

Need we say more?

1/27/14 2:45 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.
Hey ken never brought any needles into the ring n you can't prove he did Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 4:20 AM
slamming

JoeRogan420 - "Mixed martial arts legend Ken Shamrock tested positive for three illegal anabolic steroids -- Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol -- after his first round armbar submission win over Ross Clifton at War Gods: "Valentine's Eve Massacre," which took place at Selland Arena in Fresno, Calif., on Feb. 13, according to the California State Athletic Commission."

You're an idiot Ken. Not only did you use steroids whilst in the ring, you used three.

Moron.

1/27/14 4:38 AM
Bootsy Collins
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The World's Most Natty Man
1/27/14 4:59 AM
bigdee1983420
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken basically said if you dont know if the guys on TRT are abusing. Its kinda all hog wash talk. Like Vitor hes accused all the time for abusing. But hes actually being tested like crazy blood testing extra testing. I dont believe TRT is this magical drug that makes you a develop all these different winning techniques. Its not the same as the designer steroids. Maybe when abused but you cannt just assume if you cannt prove it. We've seen Chael,Rampage,Mir,BigFoot,Hendo,Duffee,Rothwell all lose on TRT. Vitor stands out from the pack,thats why hes being centered out. Even he has lost to Jon Jones on TRT. I think the elite training staff at BlackZillians is why his skills are shining threw. Let him get his TUE random test the fuck out of him before the fight with Weidman. If he does everything by the book and has normal levels. Let him fight with it. At the end of the day its all about exciting fights. I wanna see the best techniques out of Vitor or andybody for that matter.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.