UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shamrock comes clean about prior steroid use

1/27/14 4:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeRogan420 - "Mixed martial arts legend Ken Shamrock tested positive for three illegal anabolic steroids -- Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol -- after his first round armbar submission win over Ross Clifton at War Gods: "Valentine's Eve Massacre," which took place at Selland Arena in Fresno, Calif., on Feb. 13, according to the California State Athletic Commission."

You're an idiot Ken. Not only did you use steroids whilst in the ring, you used three.

Moron.

1/27/14 4:38 AM
Bootsy Collins
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The World's Most Natty Man
1/27/14 4:46 AM
NORCAL707

Who else felt extremely old after watching Shamrock speak Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 4:59 AM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken basically said if you dont know if the guys on TRT are abusing. Its kinda all hog wash talk. Like Vitor hes accused all the time for abusing. But hes actually being tested like crazy blood testing extra testing. I dont believe TRT is this magical drug that makes you a develop all these different winning techniques. Its not the same as the designer steroids. Maybe when abused but you cannt just assume if you cannt prove it. We've seen Chael,Rampage,Mir,BigFoot,Hendo,Duffee,Rothwell all lose on TRT. Vitor stands out from the pack,thats why hes being centered out. Even he has lost to Jon Jones on TRT. I think the elite training staff at BlackZillians is why his skills are shining threw. Let him get his TUE random test the fuck out of him before the fight with Weidman. If he does everything by the book and has normal levels. Let him fight with it. At the end of the day its all about exciting fights. I wanna see the best techniques out of Vitor or andybody for that matter.
1/27/14 5:10 AM
Condit_2139
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe "juiced to the gills" is the correct turn of phrase here with regards to Kens career Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 5:55 AM
Arlovskis Chin
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigdee1983420 - Ken basically said if you dont know if the guys on TRT are abusing. Its kinda all hog wash talk. Like Vitor hes accused all the time for abusing. But hes actually being tested like crazy blood testing extra testing. I dont believe TRT is this magical drug that makes you a develop all these different winning techniques. Its not the same as the designer steroids. Maybe when abused but you cannt just assume if you cannt prove it. We've seen Chael,Rampage,Mir,BigFoot,Hendo,Duffee,Rothwell all lose on TRT. Vitor stands out from the pack,thats why hes being centered out. Even he has lost to Jon Jones on TRT. I think the elite training staff at BlackZillians is why his skills are shining threw. Let him get his TUE random test the fuck out of him before the fight with Weidman. If he does everything by the book and has normal levels. Let him fight with it. At the end of the day its all about exciting fights. I wanna see the best techniques out of Vitor or andybody for that matter.
You're right "TRT" isn't this magical drug that makes you develop techniques probably because TRT is not a drug- it's testosterone. The reason his arsenal has got SO much bigger recently is the extra time training test will give you.

Your post is so conflicted you start off saying it does nothing and end with saying you just want to see the best fights so let everyone use it. I don't understand your point. Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 7:07 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/27/14 7:07 AM
well this is truly a shocking revelation.
anyone gonna make some gifs of Bas' face???
1/27/14 7:41 AM
OiKing

Just to clarify there are steroids you can take that provide an immediate effect. Halo, Test Suspension, etc. I am no expert on whether it would help or hurt a fighter during a bout.

So he was probably pulling an Obi-wan, telling a truth from a certain point of view.

And Dan Freeman had been in Ken's corner since UFC 3 I believe. And he does have a martial arts background as well as bodybuilding. I know there are pics of them sparring together.
1/27/14 8:06 AM
Flannerz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him that there should be random drug testing in the UFC. They should run a WADA type system.
1/27/14 9:07 AM
Joe O'Brien

Bas walked into the cage on various narcotics while being quoted in the past along the lines that you didn't belong in the fight game if you used painkillers to train. He can make all of the faces he wants... My favorite is him grimacing in pain after getting tapped by Ken in what? Less than two minutes?
1/27/14 9:56 AM
Bootsy Collins
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe O'Brien - Bas walked into the cage on various narcotics while being quoted in the past along the lines that you didn't belong in the fight game if you used painkillers to train. He can make all of the faces he wants... My favorite is him grimacing in pain after getting tapped by Ken in what? Less than two minutes?

Angry Lurker Alert
1/27/14 10:23 AM
Maasiai
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was hard to listen to ken ramble on. It was like listening to some senior go on and on and constantly repeat themselves. I tried to listen to the whole thing but I couldn't make it.
1/27/14 10:31 AM
Bulerias

I guess they should start at the bottom, testing all sports and leave the top level alone? That is flawed logic...

Take down the Lance Armstrong's and send a message to everyone that even with the most elite expensive ways to administer it (for Lance it became direct blood transfusions)will be found, and wipe the slate clean...

Unfortunately a lot of hero worshipping fans will be disappointed for a short time, but the real fans will stick around to let the sport rebuild itself ~
1/27/14 11:59 AM
Musashi
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find the whole "Ken comes clean" angle amusing.

There is nothing clean about it. "I used steroids but I never used them while I was in the Octagon"

Sure Ken. We'll take your word for it. pfff
1/27/14 12:41 PM
bigdee1983420

Arlovskis Chin - 
bigdee1983420 - Ken basically said if you dont know if the guys on TRT are abusing. Its kinda all hog wash talk. Like Vitor hes accused all the time for abusing. But hes actually being tested like crazy blood testing extra testing. I dont believe TRT is this magical drug that makes you a develop all these different winning techniques. Its not the same as the designer steroids. Maybe when abused but you cannt just assume if you cannt prove it. We've seen Chael,Rampage,Mir,BigFoot,Hendo,Duffee,Rothwell all lose on TRT. Vitor stands out from the pack,thats why hes being centered out. Even he has lost to Jon Jones on TRT. I think the elite training staff at BlackZillians is why his skills are shining threw. Let him get his TUE random test the fuck out of him before the fight with Weidman. If he does everything by the book and has normal levels. Let him fight with it. At the end of the day its all about exciting fights. I wanna see the best techniques out of Vitor or andybody for that matter.
You're right "TRT" isn't this magical drug that makes you develop techniques probably because TRT is not a drug- it's testosterone. The reason his arsenal has got SO much bigger recently is the extra time training test will give you.

Your post is so conflicted you start off saying it does nothing and end with saying you just want to see the best fights so let everyone use it. I don't understand your point. Phone Post 3.0

But if hes not abusing,and staying at normal levels while training. Thats not cheating at all bro. Your saying "extra time" as if ur in his camp,and no exactly how he takes the stuff. What if hes doing everything by the book?? My point is its not a magical drug that changes ur entire game over night. Look at the ratio with fighters losing and winning on TRT,its mostly guys losing. Also I have no problem with guys taking TRT. Where all fans at the end of the day right? Just enjoy the most exciting fights and stop this witch hunt for Vitor Belfort. People act so surprised when people(Vitor) come out and say I'm on TRT. Or they get caught using designer steroids. Steroids have been apart of MMA since day 1 whether people wanna believe it or not. Steroids/Testosterone will always be apart of Sport. You really dont know who's using what in MMA and Sports in general. Quit getting so butt hurt about it acting like it effects ur life situation(Not directing that towards you just people in general that are bitching) Like I said just enjoy this great sport! Cheers!!
1/27/14 8:32 PM
WidespreadPanic

A person like Shamrock has nothing to contribute to this, since he fought a skinny, clean Royce back in the first UFCs, pumped to the gills. Oh, and he lost. And he tried to initially to keep fighting when the ref seemed clueless. More the ref's fault than his, but still, not my idea of sportsmanship.

I could tell Bas wanted to say something but he decided not to be rude or cause someone to go on one of those classic rampages.

1/30/14 8:49 AM
Morpheus1976

His coming clean would be a surprise in 2002 or so, not in 2014.
2/2/14 3:23 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
Throwin'Knuckles - 
BshMstr - 
circa305 - 
Mdson - 
BlueDream - Please tell me more about these magic roids that don't go into the ring with you.

The best results from using steroids become after you are off the cycle. So, in theory, Ken is speaking the truth, lol.

I agree with this. I dont have much experience but while u are on them you are bloated with water which makes u slower and less agile. I can barely get around it bloats me so bad that I get cankles. I cant even scratch my back while I am on. I think going in off cycle while still feeling the results would be better than fighting during peak cycle.

Maybe some more experienced people can chime in.

you don't have to get bloated... if you're that immobile while "on," then you should try something else.

anybody that says results while off are better than on is crazy. if that was true, then nobody would take them in the first place.....

Agreed... When on cycle there are drugs you take that eliminate estrogen build up, which is a by product from taking test and a lot of other roids. Estrogen causes the water retention ( bloat ) . It also causes gyno( bitch tits ) acne and some other side effects. There are many anti estrogen pills to use to curb this. Nolvadex and Armidex are the most common. A guy can be shredded during a cycle. Or carry a bunch of water. But these Anti - estrogen pills will stop a lot of the retention of water. As far as peaking on cycle is the best. Cycling off sucks. Fatigue is a factor as well as the mental aspect. Your confidence just isn't the same. That's just how I have felt personally. I'm sure maybe some are different.

I take an excessive 1mg daily of Arimidex and I still bloat like hell. Maybe I need to eliminate all sodium from my diet? IDK any suggestions?

For me personally I think I would perform better in a fight after PTC. Yea I have more power while on but I'm giving up a lot of other factors like agility and stamina.

I'm sure these guys have it down to a science though. We already know hes lying about not going into a fight while on anyway.

Also we know Reem prefers to fight while in peak cycle. When he fights in Japan hes enters the ring fucking jacked to the gills.

without knowing the cycle, i can't really say, but being bloated with 1 mg/day of A-dex is pretty rare...

your issue might have to do with prolactin, or like you mentioned, a sodium issue...
2/2/14 5:25 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^or bunk A-dex...
2/2/14 5:54 PM
Throwin'Knuckles
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diet is huge.... But phony drugs are floating around the gyms for sure. The Nolva I use to get was legit. Same shit they use for breast cancer patients. (Estrogen makes the tumor grow in these patients. )

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.