UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Woodley: I'm the new generation

1/25/14 2:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tyron Woodley has looked impressive in two of his three UFC bouts defeating Jay Heiron and Josh Koscheck by TKO, but struggled in a bout with Jake Shields. His next fight will be his stiffest test as he takes on Carlos Condit at UFC 171, but Woodley is determined to prove he is the next generation of an MMA fighter:

"I didn't want this fight because I thought that it was easy, that he was a pushover. I'm actually a fan of Condit, he brings it every time. You never can count him out.

For me, I need these types of bouts. I needed the bout with Josh Koscheck because he was going to force me to use the tools that God gave me, and I think Carlos Condit is going to be my toughest test. I'm looking forward to it."

Woodley's game plan for the upcoming fight is not terribly technical, "My strategy is to be the best Tyron Woodley I can be. If I come out there like a ball of fire, I think a hard right hand to any welterweight and I'll put them on the ground. I think that I'm going to get the chance to test his chin. I think I'm going to get the chance to test his cardio that I've been hearing about," Woodley said.

As for the outcome, despite being the underdog, Woodley is very confident that he will walk away with the win, "I think I'm the new generation of the sport, and I'll prove it."

read entire article... 

1/25/14 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Buffsizzlechest
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just hope Woodley doesn't resort to his old lay and pray style against Condit.
1/25/14 8:11 PM
VinnyLogz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm yea, contradicted himself in the first sentence, dafuq Phone Post 3.0
1/25/14 8:32 PM
newjack900
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be a little more convinced if Marquardt didn't tool him
1/25/14 8:41 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 - I would be a little more convinced if Marquardt didn't tool him
He hardly tooled him. The fight was even until the KO. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 5:18 PM
bluecanoe

Edited: 01/26/14 5:18 PM
Uh... is anyone going to tell him that he's actually 2 years older then Condit?

"New Age" my ass.
1/26/14 5:35 PM
RyannVonDoom

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Lol Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 5:52 PM
Lick Boners

I want Condit only in 5 rounders, 3 rounds against a wrestler doesn't sound like the best option as a Condit fan
1/26/14 6:03 PM
Hunto's Huckleberries

Yeah it was a draw until Nate won. Woodley totally could have won if he hadn't lost. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 9:04 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSP is the future IMO.

1/26/14 10:33 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Condit is apart of this new generation and will more than likely kill Woodley come fight night.

There can only be one. Or two but, it's like that bc of the poptarts...god I love square foods Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:36 PM
hendofanforlife
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunto's Huckleberries - 
Yeah it was a draw until Nate won. Woodley totally could have won if he hadn't lost. Phone Post 3.0

if youre not first, youre last!
1/26/14 10:44 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

OSP is the future IMO.

Agreed! Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:54 PM
RyannVonDoom

new generation of blanket. 

1/26/14 11:01 PM
chawkins
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Athlete, not fighter. Do not want.
1/27/14 3:45 AM
Liyon
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - "I didn't want this fight because I thought that it was easy, that he was a pushover."

Please tell me he's not talking about Condit here???

Condit is the best WW in the world this side of GSP and has looked like a fucking ninja lately. His techniques have been getting tighter and more accurate Phone Post 3.0

The wording of the first line of the quote is kind of confusing. I had to read it several times, too.

Sounds like Woodley is saying he doesn't want easy fights. He wants fights that will push him, make him evolve as a fighter.

I think Woodley's speed will surprise people. He may end up making Condit look slow.
1/27/14 5:07 AM
ajjr0ller
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of you guys lack reading comprehension. He's saying that he wants to fight Condit because he's a tough guy that will force him to use all his skills. He's saying that he doesn't think he's an easy opponent therefore that isn't the reason he wants to fight Condit. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.