UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cacares: UFC wanted me to lose

1/26/14 9:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Alex Cacares knew coming into this UFC on FOX 10 that he was being brought in to lose, but they didn't upset him and he was happy to take home the win and his $100,000 bonus:

"I feel like they wanted him to beat me, keep the train going. I think they thought he might out-strike me and beat me up and what not. I didn't mind. I feel like that's how it is with every fight. They put me in there to lose. That's not a big deal, I just keep surprising people then."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

1/26/14 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hendofanforlife
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caceres won but he didnt beat him, it was a freak accident
1/26/14 9:42 PM
FreightTrain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In... teresting.
1/26/14 9:43 PM
FreightTrain

hendofanforlife - caceres won but he didnt beat him, it was a freak accident

Riiiiiiiight because a leg snapped in half is comparable to a submission...
1/26/14 9:49 PM
Reddvlboy

I know I wanted u too lose... Only because you're a douche Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 9:55 PM
TFK_HossPearson
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. Yes they did. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:09 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The commentary in that fight was a pretty big indicator:

"Sergio Pettis...Pettis...Pettis...Anthony Pettis...Pettis...Pettis...Pettis...Pettis...Cacares just won."

1/26/14 10:12 PM
chilz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Briggy - If they did wanted Sergio to win, then whoever made the matchup, (Sean Shelby I assume) fucked up. Alex had a huge reach and size advantage on Sergio plus was WAY more experienced. Phone Post 3.0
Yep. I think they wanted to see how Pettis would do vs. someone with a height and reach advantage. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:18 PM
Mix6APlix

Reddvlboy - I know I wanted u too lose... Only because you're a douche Phone Post 3.0
Truth from Alex Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:18 PM
Mix6APlix

God damn it! Can the app stop randomly qouting ppl? Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:23 PM
Logic MMA

Bruce Leeroy is the man. Knew he was gonna take this.
1/26/14 10:27 PM
Mix6APlix

UGCTT_WarHunt - but caceres is pretty much the "weakest" guy with the biggest name and highest ranking they could have possibly given him.

I picked Cacares from the beginning just b/c i actually watched Sergio's debut.

Sergio is incredibly stiff and muscles through all of his movements. Cacares is so relaxed and flows through his movements he almost appears nonchalant in his fights.

"The stiffest tree is readiest for the ax."
That may hold true for his fight (UFC debut) vs. Campuzano, but Sergio looked pretty damn good last night. Should go to 125 though until he fills out. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 11:44 PM
Damasta Shonuff
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Alex but I wish he would quit biting the hand that feeds him. Its beyond stupid when fighters do so. Imagine if you badmouthed your boss or the company you work for... how long before you got your walking papers? People get fired all the time in the public workforce for saying shit to the wrong person much less to the media.
1/26/14 11:47 PM
Mix6APlix

Damasta Shonuff - I like Alex but I wish he would quit biting the hand that feeds him. Its beyond stupid when fighters do so. Imagine if you badmouthed your boss or the company you work for... how long before you got your walking papers? People get fired all the time in the public workforce for saying shit to the wrong person much less to the media.
Fuck that. Props for honesty in a pussified, emasculated world where you can never say a bad word of others. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 11:51 PM
pureincognito

To me, it was the best fight on the night. Pettis proved himself but got a little too much too soon I guess.
1/26/14 11:58 PM
huggy bear

Damasta Shonuff - I like Alex but I wish he would quit biting the hand that feeds him. Its beyond stupid when fighters do so. Imagine if you badmouthed your boss or the company you work for... how long before you got your walking papers? People get fired all the time in the public workforce for saying shit to the wrong person much less to the media.
Lmao Your really comparing a regular job to the fight business. In boxing anytime their is a good prospect they get matchups that are tough but ones they should win and the UFC does the same thing they just hide it better. Sergio has star potential do you really think they didn't want him to win especially in a BW division where Faber and Rousey are the only big draws. Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 12:04 AM
stevekt
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

legkicksinputin - "Cacares"
You do know "caca" means poop, get your shit together (no pun intended) UG blog.

Alex CACA-res!
1/27/14 12:23 AM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UFC has done almost everything to keep him around tbh.

He lost in the 2nd round on tuf, got to fight in the finale, went 0-2 in his first UFC fights, won his next, and then lost again being 1-3 in his first 4.

Yeah his one loss was due to a nut shot, but his first 2 were finishes, and not many people stick around after that.

But he was "bruce leroy", and dana loved him.

I do agree all the hype was for Pettis.
1/27/14 12:34 AM
Damasta Shonuff
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - 
Fuck that. Props for honesty in a pussified, emasculated world where you can never say a bad word of others. Phone Post 3.0

Thats not what I said in the least. There are consequences for your actions in life. Its not honesty, its stupidity. Fighters like Alex bitch about how people are out to get him, yet he constantly says instigating stupid shit that most likely puts the people on his ass. Its the same line of thinking as Nick Diaz bitching about getting more money but refusing to do what it takes to get it.

I dont know what world you live in, but in the world the rest of us live in, you can say what you want, bad or otherwise, but there can be consequences. Only a fucking moron thinks they should be able to say whatever it is that they please without consequences or responsibility for those words.
1/27/14 12:44 AM
Punch Bag

Damasta Shonuff - I like Alex but I wish he would quit biting the hand that feeds him. Its beyond stupid when fighters do so. Imagine if you badmouthed your boss or the company you work for... how long before you got your walking papers? People get fired all the time in the public workforce for saying shit to the wrong person much less to the media.

I would qualify your statement about the badmouthing part because you can't generalize all badmouthing the company you work for. There are bosses who just want to fix you for some reasons. But not in Alex's case. His matchup is not more lopsided than many fights. Someone's got to have more odds and even and he's been given the opportunity to prove himself and earn his keep.
1/27/14 1:24 AM
diggity

Mix6APlix -
Unemployed! Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 1:32 AM
Sarcasm_Misser
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damasta Shonuff - 
Mix6APlix - 

Thats not what I said in the least. There are consequences for your actions in life. Its not honesty, its stupidity. Fighters like Alex bitch about how people are out to get him, yet he constantly says instigating stupid shit that most likely puts the people on his ass. Its the same line of thinking as Nick Diaz bitching about getting more money but refusing to do what it takes to get it.

I dont know what world you live in, but in the world the rest of us live in, you can say what you want, bad or otherwise, but there can be consequences. Only a fucking moron thinks they should be able to say whatever it is that they please without consequences or responsibility for those words.

What a surprise that Shonuff is attacking Bruce Leroy. Give it up, dude. He is the master.
1/27/14 1:59 AM
Poonug
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt -
Mix6APlix - 
UGCTT_WarHunt - but caceres is pretty much the "weakest" guy with the biggest name and highest ranking they could have possibly given him.

I picked Cacares from the beginning just b/c i actually watched Sergio's debut.

Sergio is incredibly stiff and muscles through all of his movements. Cacares is so relaxed and flows through his movements he almost appears nonchalant in his fights.

"The stiffest tree is readiest for the ax."
That may hold true for his fight (UFC debut) vs. Campuzano, but Sergio looked pretty damn good last night. Should go to 125 though until he fills out. Phone Post 3.0

i disagree, sort of.

it looks like he trains with very good people, but he looks to be just imitating moves.

I see no philosophy in his movements.

I think its too early still. 125 is a great idea though if he can make it
All of this gets a nod from me. Good posts Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 6:11 AM
bjj_blitzkrieg

Meanwhile Conor McGregor is freaking out on suits and fast cars. It's nice to see a fighter keeping it simple, you sir got my respect. Sergio looked awesome, he made one mistake and paid for it. You need to defend the hooks, but your neck always comes first.
1/27/14 6:25 AM
toddiejasl
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a good matchup between two closely matched fighters, it also helps that both styles are pleasing on the eye...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.