UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller: You're 'damn right' I'm a gate keeper

1/26/14 9:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Generally the term gate keeper is used to define someone who will likely never make it to a title shot, but is a good gauge of upcoming talent in a fight with them. For Cole Miller, he has no problem filling that role:

"I don’t like people coming into the UFC, and the guy’s got the whole fighting Irish gimmick going on, and he jumps to the front of the line," Miller said. "And a lot of people…I’ve got a lot of people on Twitter saying shut-up you gatekeeper bitch, and I’m sitting there thinking, that’s exactly what I’m saying. 

"I don’t even think that [being called a gatekeeper is] a bad thing to say. I’ve worked my ass off. I’ve had my ups and downs in my career, and if at that point I’m a gatekeeper, you’re damn right I’m a gatekeeper. And I’ve f---ing earned that. So let me do my job and throw these guys like Conor McGregor in my way, so we can find out just how good they are."

Though Miller later clarified that he’s embracing the role of gatekeeper more based on his record’s inconsistencies than on his skill set, the sentiment was clear. If McGregor is to be expedited to the top of the featherweight division, he should have to go through him. But it works both ways, because right now Miller said he feels like a contender in the division, which is a far cry from the true definition of a gatekeeper.

"I know no one’s going to argue that my skill set is not top ten," he said. "You can’t tell me that of all the top ten guys that I can’t strike or I can’t grapple or I can’t fight with any of those guys. I feel like that I’m the dark horse. I feel like those guys, none of them want to fight me."

read entire article... 

1/26/14 10:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cole "stepping stone" miller
1/26/14 10:02 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Cole. Legit bad ass, no excuses, fight anyone kind of fighter. And a true UGer. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:09 PM
EtownGGod
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love when fighters talk. I really hope they don't become the cliche talking bitches like athletes in hockey or pretty much any other sport. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:34 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great attitude
1/26/14 10:37 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - 
Poindexter - I like Cole. Legit bad ass, no excuses, fight anyone kind of fighter. And a true UGer. Phone Post 3.0
THIS Phone Post 3.0

I, for one, am beyond proud to have Cole represent teh UG.  Legit badass over here.

1/26/14 10:39 PM
vinnyh
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix -
Poindexter - I like Cole. Legit bad ass, no excuses, fight anyone kind of fighter. And a true UGer. Phone Post 3.0
THIS Phone Post 3.0
Yup, he has a great attitude towards the fight game. I tune in for all of his fights. Definition of a fight to finish type of fighter imo. He also gets a plus 2 for being a uger! Haha Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:47 PM
mixedmartialfarts
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always a fan... dude brings it every fucking time

1/26/14 10:47 PM
A_Butler
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen to the Mma hour link. Good stuff right there. Cole just wants to fight. He doesn't care who. Can't hate that. Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 10:49 PM
SuMBJJ

Cole is a straight fugazi.

I remember his season of TUF when Nate Diaz made him his bitch in the house. Just punked the shit out of him and all Cole did was giggle it off like a little bitch.
1/26/14 10:55 PM
Flexo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan for sure Phone Post 3.0
1/26/14 11:07 PM
FreeVNasty

i never understood why such a middle of the road guy got such attention here, but i guess it's now apparent that he obviously posts here. What a laughable situation.

I like that Miller believes he's popular now, but can't consistently call out one guy, he has to jump back and forth between cerrone and mcgregor as if either guy wouldn't clown him like much lesser fighters have done.
1/26/14 11:09 PM
FreeVNasty

A_Butler - Listen to the Mma hour link. Good stuff right there. Cole just wants to fight. He doesn't care who. Can't hate that. Phone Post 3.0

how about when jeremy stephens beats the shit out of some guy for an extended period of time in a bar? Still can't hate that?
How about when Brett Rogers beats his wife?

Guess if they posted here, people would like him. don't say stupid things like "he'll fight anybody, it doesn't matter who it is" as if that's a positive thing. The sport needs less "I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY" guys and more actual fucking professional athletes who act like grown ups.
1/26/14 11:14 PM
FreeVNasty

i just read past hte first paragraph of the article, and it's hilarious how he tries to make the case for him being top 10 as "Look at the top 10, i feel like none of these guys want to fight me"

Nobody wants to fight you because you're a nobody, a step down for everyone except TUF rejects. You're nothing in the division and you will die nothing in any division you're in.
1/26/14 11:22 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreeVNasty - i never understood why such a middle of the road guy got such attention here, but i guess it's now apparent that he obviously posts here. What a laughable situation.

I like that Miller believes he's popular now, but can't consistently call out one guy, he has to jump back and forth between cerrone and mcgregor as if either guy wouldn't clown him like much lesser fighters have done.

yeah, definitely has nothing to do with a really entertaining fighting style... nope! definitely only has fans because he posts here.
1/26/14 11:26 PM
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Cole is fighting you know it will be a good fight, he always tries to finish. He looked good in his last fight, if he continues to be able to keep people at distance and avoid big overhand shots like he did, he can make a run for the title.
1/26/14 11:29 PM
FreeVNasty

it's not like every other B list MMA fighter that posts here has a huge amount of fan support here. I guess it's just a coincidence. Funny, that.

Also, if people cared about entertaining fighting styles above all else, then Overeem would be one of the most adored fighters here, but he isn't.
He would be if he posted here though.

Don't pretend like Cole Miller, the most average of lightweight washouts to drop to 145, is supported solely because of his style.
1/26/14 11:33 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreeVNasty - it's not like every other B list MMA fighter that posts here has a huge amount of fan support here. I guess it's just a coincidence. Funny, that.

Also, if people cared about entertaining fighting styles above all else, then Overeem would be one of the most adored fighters here, but he isn't.
He would be if he posted here though.

Don't pretend like Cole Miller, the most average of lightweight washouts to drop to 145, is supported solely because of his style.

the fuck are you talking about? how many of miller's fights have been stinkers? now answer that same question for overeem. now shove it up your ass.

wtf is your problem with miller ? what kind of fighter do you support? how to you propose to know why i or anyone else support a certain fighter?

or just skip answering these questions and kick rocks.
1/26/14 11:39 PM
olskool
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreeVNasty - i never understood why such a middle of the road guy got such attention here, but i guess it's now apparent that he obviously posts here. What a laughable situation.

Plus 2 for being a DUMBASS. Coles NEVER been clowned......he was KO'd be EE but hes never been clowned. Id love to see who you believe "clowned" cole.............

1/26/14 11:40 PM
dcvillain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dig cole miller too, large skill set, tough kid, comes to fight, I dont know how anyone as a fight fan cant like him.
1/27/14 12:00 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a list of fighters that I will go out of my way to watch. It is not a long list. Cole Miller is one of the fighters on that list.

1/27/14 12:02 AM
austinblair

I met Cole at a local event when some of his guys were fighting on the card. Up in southeast VA. Got a pic with him, super nice guy, first UFC fighter I ever met. It was when he was on TUF and Rory Singer was there also.
Been a fan ever since. I was 12 or 13 years old then.
1/27/14 12:06 AM
InconsiderateSerra

Edited: 01/27/14 12:09 AM
FreeVNasty - 
A_Butler - Listen to the Mma hour link. Good stuff right there. Cole just wants to fight. He doesn't care who. Can't hate that. Phone Post 3.0

how about when jeremy stephens beats the shit out of some guy for an extended period of time in a bar? Still can't hate that?
How about when Brett Rogers beats his wife?

Guess if they posted here, people would like him. don't say stupid things like "he'll fight anybody, it doesn't matter who it is" as if that's a positive thing. The sport needs less "I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY" guys and more actual fucking professional athletes who act like grown ups.

Wasn't the Stephens thing putting a drunkard in his place? Maybe he went a bit too far but I'm totally tired of the soaring idealism bullshit where we're all supposed to hold hands and believe that assholes can never provoke other people, we're all supposed to be 'better than that'.

Fuck that shit. Get drunk and provoke a UFC fighter, get ass kicked. No tears from me. No hate. Much love. If Stephens was being a punkass or a thug then I wouldn't care if he got shot in the neck but the story I heard (via the highly reliable  news medium of the internet) was that the drunk retard started shit with him and he finished it.

1/27/14 1:40 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like cole miller and I didnt even no he was a UGer till I saw that gif a few weeks ago.

That fight with Gurgel was sick. Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 1:45 AM
iwrestledabearonce
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Miller! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.