UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC: We want GSP back, but we'll move on

1/29/14 9:05 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tom Wright, Director of Operations for UFC Canada, joins SportsNet's Sarah Davis to discuss a number of topics including the upcoming UFC press conference regarding Canadian events, his belief Georges St-Pierre will return, and that the company is moving on with or without him.

"You know what, I'm a huge Georges St-Pierre fan," said Wright. "I think all Canadians are. We're really looking forward to actually seeing him back. I think he will come back. He may even come back in 2014, but who knows? But one of the reasons we're having this press conference and talking about the different things that we're doing, is because we will continue to move on.

"We've got some great fighters in our country. TJ Grant, we've Sam Stout, we've got these women I've been speaking (about), Mitch Clark is an up and comer... TUF nations we just finished up episode 2..."

"So there's a lot of exciting things that we're doing to make sure the sport continues to grow, that our athletes continue to develop and while we'd love to see Georges back, and at some point we will, we'll move on."

The interview above was in support of a live conference for a special announcement that streamed live from Quebec City at 12:00 p.m. ET right here on The UG. It was announced that five UFCs are scheduled for  Canada.

The Ultimate Fighter: Nations Finale at Colisée Pepsi in Quebec City on April 16.
UFC 174 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on June 14.
UFC 178 on Sept. 27 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto
UFC Fight Night on Oct. 4 at the Metro Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia
UFC 181 on Dec. 6 at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

1/29/14 9:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
iShatswhenWeidmanBassoondSilva
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In to watch later
1/29/14 9:13 AM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one is bigger than the Sport.

1/29/14 10:33 AM
Dougie
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam Stout left the gym yesterday to attend this news announcement.

1/29/14 11:31 AM
iamarealamerican
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 
spirello - who cares about a wrestlefucking non finisher ?

I am more intrigued by guys that can actually finish like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.

Jones got his ass beat for 3-1/2 rounds and then avoided an immediate rematch the one time he fought a legit competitor at 205.  He's only known for finishing washed up past-their-prime 205ers, and Anderson's 185 left overs in the most talent thin division in mma,LHW, and Anderson isn't finishing anyone or anything, except his own career.

ooh kill em
1/29/14 11:47 AM
Morpheus1976
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope you keep your job, Tom

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.