UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> These are quite possibly my two FAVORITE pics ever

1/29/14 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1052 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/14 5:22 PM

taken of me and my Pygmy family... 

Good News: I was basically on the bottom of a football style "dog-pile" when I came into my family's village!

My little sister is the one sticking her tongue out, lol. Last year she was too nervous/afraid to let me get close to her, we are pals now! Get this, her name is Sumbelina (like Thumbelina, but with an "S"). 

Great news: We complete our first WATER WELL tomorrow!!! And, we will finish a second in a few days.

Best News: We have secured 7.5 square kilometers of LAND for the Pygmies, that they now OWN. 

"Bad" news (or more like BATTLE news): The clean water won't be flowing in my Pygmy family village... YET. We hit too many obstacles to bust through this mammoth rock layer and had to come back to civilization, prove the system works, recalculate, gear up again, and we head back in a week. 

We hiked 10-12 km's through the thick forest, carrying OVER 1 metric ton of drilling equipment, pipes, tools, cement, gravel, sand, etc... We crossed a river... We tried our hardest... Every member of our team had bloody open blisters on our hands as we tried to bust through this rock... 

As we were working we were surrounded by little 2, 3, and 4 year old children (boys and girls) who looked like they were 10 months PREGNANT because of the different kinds of worms and parasites in their tummy's from dirty water.

GOTTA bust through this rock in a week... We GOTTA get these people clean water now that they are living freely for themselves, on their own land, producing their own food, but STRUGGLING by drinking the most horrific water I could imagine human beings drinking... With your next sip of pure drinking water, say a littler prayer or think of my family for me :-) They are awesome, you'd love them!

Live to love, love to live! 

Justin Efeosa-Wren

1/29/14 5:24 PM
mmabmt
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're doing good things man.
1/29/14 5:25 PM
SevenLeggedSpider
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fightfortheforgotten.com/

1/29/14 5:25 PM
forrestfan
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is awesome. Great pics, amazing work.
1/29/14 5:26 PM
RickStorm
1687 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

great job justin!

1/29/14 5:28 PM
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God bless you bro. Keep fighting that good fight. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 5:30 PM
HYBRID JON
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy is pretty awesome... TTT Godbless man...

1/29/14 5:31 PM
justinthevikingwren
1052 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My water filter (I've already had Typhoid and Malaria, can't risk drinking what they drink, I'd die). This is the second time through my filter, then I have to add drops. 

Still doesn't look very "Clean" 

1/29/14 5:37 PM
justinthevikingwren

Thanks for all the support guys, I won't feel like we accomplished something till my FAMILY (and the reason I'm here) has crystal clear, sparkling clean drinking water...

We are getting the professional gold diggers that had to flee their homes because of rebel conflict to come with us to teach us how to bust through this rock. We will feed them, and pay them a fair wage to bust through 2-3 meters of this rock to hopefully get us to clean water, or to softer soil to use our tools that can go up to 50 meters in one day if we had easy soil to work with. 

Water is worth more than gold... Without it, your dead... With dirty water, it might kill you (dirty water kills nearly 2 milliion kids a year, I know, i've held a dead child and buried him the next day...) 

Anyways, cheers to clean water! Healthy Pygmies, and shrinking tummys! 

As always, SO rad and thankful for UG support!

1/29/14 5:38 PM
Kirik
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

You are a great man.

1/29/14 5:44 PM
thrown_away92
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This may be a dumb question but can those life straw things help? If so we could organize a UG effort to buy a bunch to ship to your Pygmy family. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 5:46 PM
DasKugs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, when I went to Haiti to volunteer we used a solar powered water filter that could filter a barrel of water a day! It works so well that we left it with the locals so that they could have their own water. I'll get with my buds and ask for the brand and specs, then post on here. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 5:47 PM
RICKYB
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -

Thanks for all the support guys, I won't feel like we accomplished something till my FAMILY (and the reason I'm here) has crystal clear, sparkling clean drinking water...

We are getting the professional gold diggers that had to flee their homes because of rebel conflict to come with us to teach us how to bust through this rock. We will feed them, and pay them a fair wage to bust through 2-3 meters of this rock to hopefully get us to clean water, or to softer soil to use our tools that can go up to 50 meters in one day if we had easy soil to work with. 

Water is worth more than gold... Without it, your dead... With dirty water, it might kill you (dirty water kills nearly 2 milliion kids a year, I know, i've held a dead child and buried him the next day...) 

Anyways, cheers to clean water! Healthy Pygmies, and shrinking tummys! 

As always, SO rad and thankful for UG support!

Praying for you buddy , got a bunch of people at my church praying for u as well

Keep up the good fight Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 5:52 PM
Zanzoken
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmabmt - You're doing good things man.

+1

Have you ever heard of Lifestraw water filters? Seems like they could be a good option while you work to get clean water access.

Best of luck!
1/29/14 5:52 PM
CHiLLEN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmabmt - You're doing good things man.
This.

Can't say enough about this guy. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 5:53 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they know you used to be a professional fighter?
1/29/14 5:57 PM
Vantro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brilliant work. Makes me want to do it myself. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 6:00 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man this is amazing work you're doing, Keep it up.

It's incredible how you've stuck with this and how sincerely you took on this immense project

1/29/14 6:05 PM
DasKugs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, here it is...the Responser S.

http://www.aqua-sun-intl.com/portable-water-purification-systems

I sent off an email to them, first praising their product from my experience, and then expressing the need of such a thing for your efforts in the Congo. I included a link to your Fight for the Forgotten site and offered to do what I could to try and raise funds to help cover the cost. Hopefully something can work out, as this thing would be a life changer while you're still trying to get the well dug and operational. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 6:05 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And ya, that's rough. They all look like they got Kwashiorkor syndrome

Anyone remember osmosis?

If you don't have enough protein in your diet, there's not enough protein in your blood vessels which means there's no longer osmotic pressure causing water to be sucked back into the blood vessels so the fluids slowly drain out of the blood vessels and cause edema(swelling) in the belly... Really fucked up

1/29/14 6:07 PM
cfv
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice of you to pop in with updates every once in a while. Good luck getting that water to your pygmy family! Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 6:28 PM
jacktripper

Looks like the finale of eastbound and down Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 6:34 PM
FromTheBeard
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely beautiful...keep up the good work :)
1/29/14 6:37 PM
House Boru

wow what a fucking stud. digging wells to give them their own clean water source!? unbelievable man. seriously
1/29/14 6:41 PM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
So much respect. You're a hero. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.