UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Reem: I dropped weight to improve cardio

1/29/14 10:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Coming off two consecutive losses, a lot is on the line for Alistair Overeem at UFC 169 when he faces off against Frank Mir. Overeem is doing all he can to ensure a win, and according to him, improving his cardio was a top priority:

“I actually dropped some weight,” Overeem told MMAjunkie. “I wanted improved cardio, so obviously you want to lose some weight. That actually goes automatic. A lot more cardio and you automatically lose a lot of weight. We just wanted [my cardio] to be better.”

With consecutive defeats on his record for this first time since 2006, Overeem may have more pressure to win than ever before. UFC President Dana White has said another loss could mark the end of Overeem’s UFC career, something that would fluster most fighters.

For a veteran of the sport like Overeem, though, it served as motivation to make the changes needed in order to regain the form that led to a 12-fight unbeaten streak prior to his recent drought.

“Dealing with losses is never cool – it’s always hard,” Overeem said. “You should always reinvent yourself, but when you lose you just do it a little bit more. I did just that for this fight. The focus has been very well the last couple of months. Sparring partners are good, my coaches have performed excellent and I think I’m really peaking right now.”

read entire article...

1/29/14 10:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShanTheMan
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I wanted to improve my test results after getting busted, so I chilled out on the roids for a while"
1/29/14 10:55 PM
Morpheus1976
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he just now finds out?? he always had a cardio problem, even @205
1/29/14 10:59 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i actually dropped some weight"

Wait what the fuck?! Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:07 PM
kinson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok reem. Ok. Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:09 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AKA no/ less roids Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:16 PM
Barbasol OOTFFTT
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Newer fans have to be dumbfounded when they look up his old fights and see tall skinny 205 Reem and the new/old now medium Reem? Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:29 PM
Colboyo
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We went from a little reem with a big dream to a lesnar beating machine on a blackzillian team with a full head of steam to a horse meat scheme underachieving reem.
1/29/14 11:36 PM
JayBRO

Colboyo - We went from a little reem with a big dream to a lesnar beating machine on a blackzillian team with a full head of steam to a horse meat scheme underachieving reem.
Your whole life has been leading up this post Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:36 PM
NatualBornTickler
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colboyo - We went from a little reem with a big dream to a lesnar beating machine on a blackzillian team with a full head of steam to a horse meat scheme underachieving reem.
I like your rhyme, here have a VU Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:44 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Normal Reem? Phone Post 3.0
1/29/14 11:54 PM
Dusty Suspect
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impressive! Phone Post 3.0
1/30/14 12:07 AM
TzTinkle
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think reem is done. When people go up in weight a dramatic amount and cut back down they don't regain the speed/balance/agility they had at the lower weight. See RJJ for an example of this.
1/30/14 12:26 AM
Dongbar13
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
1/30/14 1:54 AM
civ77
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love the Reem. How would he do in Glory?
1/30/14 1:56 AM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - I think reem is done. When people go up in weight a dramatic amount and cut back down they don't regain the speed/balance/agility they had at the lower weight. See RJJ for an example of this.

Dude he didnt drop back down that much just 10-15 pounds from the looks of his new Reem episode. He still looks big as hell, just not as bulky.
1/30/14 2:09 AM
LitUp
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge fan of Reem, don't care about PEDs very much and hope he becomes champ one day.

That being said, my initial reaction to this headline was a Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock 'living death' laughter.

Coincidentally drops lots of weight and looks noticeably softer in pics to face a guy who isn't exactly known as being a cardio monster.

Sure. Phone Post 3.0
1/30/14 2:14 AM
hellride
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem is big and strong enough, he should be campaigning at around 235-40 for speed and cardio reasons.
1/30/14 5:18 AM
newjack900
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been a huge fan of Overeem throughout his career, but if there was ever a guy who has taken too many KO's its him. I think between kickboxing and MMA he's at 11 now.. I'm guessing there's prob a few more out of major competition as well..
1/30/14 6:38 AM
Kevin bacon
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 - I've been a huge fan of Overeem throughout his career, but if there was ever a guy who has taken too many KO's its him. I think between kickboxing and MMA he's at 11 now.. I'm guessing there's prob a few more out of major competition as well..
... Jesus. That's a lot combined with getting knocked around at golden glory's infamous sparring sessions for over a decade Phone Post 3.0
1/30/14 9:03 AM
Donoghue88
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without the gear Reem wouldn't be a K1 Champ, nore would he beat Brock Lesnar.

From photo evidence Alistair was ingesting a cocktail of steriods that would make a Ronnie Coleman cry.

I think Mir is going to KO him
1/30/14 9:26 AM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was exposed...I hope Mir takes his arm home and puts it on the mantle.
1/30/14 9:36 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinson - Ok reem. Ok. Phone Post 3.0
Still love the Reem but this. Phone Post 3.0
1/30/14 9:42 AM
Morpheus1976

newjack900 - I've been a huge fan of Overeem throughout his career, but if there was ever a guy who has taken too many KO's its him. I think between kickboxing and MMA he's at 11 now.. I'm guessing there's prob a few more out of major competition as well..

Wednesday = Meatloaf day = fight simulation
1/30/14 9:53 AM
Mix6APlix

If Mir manages to win this, I will be so happy. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.