UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thats Why ALDO Isnt a Draw...

2/2/14 12:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people were asking why most people dont seem to anticipate Aldos fights..well, that fight we just watched is why, Aldo is a great fighter but his fights just arent that exciting to watch..maybe his competition needs to be tougher??i dunno but yeah, i dont get too excited to see this type of fight..
2/2/14 12:22 AM
heavyweightmma

He's need to move up. It seems as though the weight cut is making him too cautious to explode and be active, and is pacing himself too much.
2/2/14 12:23 AM
mdoubleg

Agreed. Aldo vs. Pettis Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 12:24 AM
Face Stomp

I haven't seen him fight very often - and it's because every time I've seen him fight, it's been slow and just uninteresting. That's not to say he hasn't had exciting fights, but every time I've decided to watch him, the fight has just been uninteresting - so I generally just turn it off or don't tune in at all when he's up.
2/2/14 12:24 AM
MMALOGIC

there are moments of excitement during his fights like when he throws his combos but as a whole it's just waiting for the fight to end. 

2/2/14 12:25 AM
TheMessiah

heavyweightmma - He's need to move up. It seems as though the weight cut is making him too cautious to explode and be active, and is pacing himself too much.
This.. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 12:27 AM
TwentyNineTwentyEight

Andy had the same type of performances in the past. What you should take way is that in order to take the Title from him, you better bring it. 

2/2/14 12:27 AM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to love watching him fight, but these days in find myself pretty disinterested in his fights. I have to give Silva credit, for the most part during his reign he was a finisher. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 12:44 AM
Bry Bry

MMALOGIC - 

there are moments of excitement during his fights like when he throws his combos but as a whole it's just waiting for the fight to end. 

yep, you know how the fight is going to go..no one can put Aldo in any danger so its basically a foregone conclusion every time out..

Aldo/Pettis is the only fight i want to see Aldo in..
2/2/14 12:45 AM
Bry Bry

TwentyNineTwentyEight - 

Andy had the same type of performances in the past. What you should take way is that in order to take the Title from him, you better bring it. 

well thats obvious but Aldo is so skilled striking and grappling and he has the speed advantage over everyone in his division so those are very tough obstacles to overcome..who can bring it to Aldo besides Pettis?
2/2/14 1:17 AM
JustPeed
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heavyweightmma - He's need to move up. It seems as though the weight cut is making him too cautious to explode and be active, and is pacing himself too much.
Exactly. When he was younger and the cut wasn't such a big issue he was an explosive beast. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 6:02 AM
Macedawgg
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

Exactly!

Floyd Mayweather is no draw either. . .

Oh WAIT--boxing is a sport with independent sanctioning. . .

Carry on.

2/2/14 6:30 AM
malryan

Aldo will destroy petis and it will be just as boring as his previous fights. Petis is an amazing fighter but aldo is much more technical. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 6:48 AM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was not fun to watch.

2/2/14 6:54 AM
Tad Ghostal
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's still the same fighter, give him an opening and he'll go for the kill. Lamas threw hardly any combos and had good defensive movement.

I think it's a bit weird that people are now calling Aldo boring, his fights are always at an incredibly high level and he's capable of serious violence.

I guess part of it is the bland UFC marketing, where they always promise 'this is the guy with the PERFECT style' and every week is the fight we've been waiting our lives for.
2/2/14 7:23 AM
Thuglife13
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is teh Grand Poobah @145lbs and has been pretty damn exciting ever since his WEC days but lately he's been lacking the same excitement as in the past. I was expecting nothing short of a Nova Uniao beatdown today but it wasn't even close. He won fo-sho but it wasn't anything like his previous fights...

*sighs*
2/2/14 7:33 AM
Bobby Lupo
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo-Stephens/Cub/McGregor would all be exciting fights. 

2/2/14 8:14 AM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol once again showing you have that segment of fans w ADD. You all are acting as if this was Shamrock vs Severn 2, lord almighty.
2/2/14 8:35 AM
iwatchsomemma

Aldo needs a Barao dance.
2/2/14 8:45 AM
BeauTown

Looking forward to aldo Pettis, and a vacant belt which means cub v chad Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 9:14 AM
bruised
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwentyNineTwentyEight -

No, no hee didn't. I agree that his recent performances haven't been as explosive as his earlier ones, but the parity in competition is much higher in the UFC. If you didn't watch his fights in the WEC, you'd probably think he just wins decisions, but that's simply not the case. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 9:15 AM
bruised
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bruised -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

No, no hee didn't. I agree that his recent performances haven't been as explosive as his earlier ones, but the parity in competition is much higher in the UFC. If you didn't watch his fights in the WEC, you'd probably think he just wins decisions, but that's simply not the case. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry, misread your post and thought you were referring to Jose's earlier fights. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 9:18 AM
RJJH
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n5 - 
Tad Ghostal - He's still the same fighter, give him an opening and he'll go for the kill. Lamas threw hardly any combos and had good defensive movement.

I think it's a bit weird that people are now calling Aldo boring, his fights are always at an incredibly high level and he's capable of serious violence.

I guess part of it is the bland UFC marketing, where they always promise 'this is the guy with the PERFECT style' and every week is the fight we've been waiting our lives for.

finally a good post

this.

if you are shitting on Aldo, great, thank you for making it clear as day that you dont know jack shit about MMA and we could never be friends in real life.

2/2/14 9:36 AM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 
n5 - 
Tad Ghostal - He's still the same fighter, give him an opening and he'll go for the kill. Lamas threw hardly any combos and had good defensive movement.

finally a good post

this.

if you are shitting on Aldo, great, thank you for making it clear as day that you dont know jack shit about MMA and we could never be friends in real life.

QTFU
2/2/14 9:43 AM
1a1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is a victim of the champions curse. Just like GSP, he was exciting on his run to the title but now plays it safe. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.