UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Pettis vs. Aldo is 'horse manure'

2/3/14 1:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Oontyex - Was do bummed out when Aldo v Pettis fell through last time.

Would be so pissed if 'snooze' got in the way of it. He's arguably lost but been gifted all of his recent wins other than Diaz, and has been finished by Pettis twice, that's not the guy that should be putting such an amazing fight on hold. Phone Post 3.0
Finished by Pettis twice? Tell me more about his recent gift wins. Only fights that were razor thin close were Edgar 2 and Thomson. Phone Post 3.0
I wanna hear more about the finish in Henderson vs Pettis 1 Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 1:39 AM
Feelz Good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson getting a shot at Pettis with less than four wins against top 10 opponents is horse shit. He beat you twice Bendo, get over it. Go all Urijah, then we'll talk... Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 1:43 AM
DoomFarmer
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow...

He shut pipe down Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 2:00 AM
mmamozza
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a sook Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 2:03 AM
Hocky Balboa
8527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LibraryCard - Manure, only a good Christian boy would use 'manure' instead of SHIT.

Smart guy.

He obviously doesn't want to end up in H - E - Double Hockey Sticks.

2/3/14 2:23 AM
Haulport

I like Benson but him getting the decision against Josh was horse manure..............

2/3/14 2:34 AM
Joemacka
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n5 - really hope dana sets up Khabib vs Benson
This. Khabib would ragdoll him. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 2:43 AM
SuperManimal
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he truly said that he has a point. He defended his belt, 5 times (something like that, tho controversial each time) beat punk, again, which I thought Ben lost...but man. Being the man in the division more than anyone since Frankie, gives him every right to be pist. And truthfully, I like his style, tho boring, he is what has become of mma and kids should learn from his films. Hes a total snoozer, but fuck...I personally think he has a case. BUT, yea, Aldo going to 155 should be the next fight. So, I dont disagree with Dana, but there is a valid arguement.
2/3/14 2:52 AM
SuperManimal

n5 - 
SuperManimal - If he truly said that he has a point. He defended his belt, 5 times (something like that, tho controversial each time) beat punk, again, which I thought Ben lost...but man. Being the man in the division more than anyone since Frankie, gives him every right to be pist. And truthfully, I like his style, tho boring, he is what has become of mma and kids should learn from his films. Hes a total snoozer, but fuck...I personally think he has a case. BUT, yea, Aldo going to 155 should be the next fight. So, I dont disagree with Dana, but there is a valid arguement.

there is no valid argument. when is the last time a title shot was given to somebody who won a razor thin decision where some thought he lost? Benson is one fight removed from getting stopped by Pettis in the 1st Round.

I dont believe he should be up to bat next. I agree with his frustration about the "skipping the line" move...if u put urself in his shoes, I think ud understand my point and his. And n5, i fuckn hated some of his wins..but a W is a W . Ud be pist too.
2/3/14 3:05 AM
SuperManimal

n5 - who is Aldo skipping? no one at 155 has earned the right to the title shot. thomson had it, and risked it by taking another fight. benson is 1 fight removed from getting stopped by pettis. melendez is also one fight removed from his last title shot. grant has been out way too long to just get the title shot again. khabib doesn't have 1 Top 5 win yet.

Ur trying to argue with me over nothing, I love Pettis vs Aldo...those 2 are amazing...and on my personal top 10. But let me ask u this...whats Bendos UFC 155 record?

Grant is the real answer imo. But hes out, so u dont see bens frustration?

If not, no worries....but Ben aint going away, and tho boring, he'll be champ again.
2/3/14 3:21 AM
Captain_Underpants

SuperManimal -
n5 - who is Aldo skipping? no one at 155 has earned the right to the title shot. thomson had it, and risked it by taking another fight. benson is 1 fight removed from getting stopped by pettis. melendez is also one fight removed from his last title shot. grant has been out way too long to just get the title shot again. khabib doesn't have 1 Top 5 win yet.

Ur trying to argue with me over nothing, I love Pettis vs Aldo...those 2 are amazing...and on my personal top 10. But let me ask u this...whats Bendos UFC 155 record?

Grant is the real answer imo. But hes out, so u dont see bens frustration?

If not, no worries....but Ben aint going away, and tho boring, he'll be champ again.
I kind of get what your saying, but I don't think Bendo should be frustrated. I mean even if Aldo wasn't the next one in line, Ben certainly wouldn't be. He's been beaten by Pettis twice, he isn't getting a title shot for a while Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 3:49 AM
iwatchsomemma

Benson has a point, it's all he wins by recently (low blow, i know).

He is the JDS of lw.

He is a big roadblock for others though and it's hard to see anyone else taking him down.
2/3/14 3:54 AM
grizzlyedwin
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo's probably mad since a lot of former champion either get an immediate title shot or a shot after winning one fight and he didn't.
2/3/14 3:57 AM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -

Good times! Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 4:05 AM
Duke Powerhand
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Benson seems like a cool dude, its hard to hate on him but he cant be serious. Everyone wants to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Benson arguably lost both Edgar fights and for sure lost to Melendez & Thomson. I had him losing 4/5 rds in both fights. It's obvious at this point Pettis is his kryptonite also.

Quoted for truth
2/3/14 4:09 AM
FETT_Loadin76
1041 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It appears the toothpick has finally managed it's way to the brainstem.... figured it wasn't safe fighting with it in his mouth

2/3/14 4:24 AM
Paranoya

Maybe if he didn't got finished by Pettis, and won at least unanimous decision vs Thompson, " horse manure " would be a valid point
2/3/14 4:31 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Benson seems like a cool dude, its hard to hate on him but he cant be serious. Everyone wants to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Benson arguably lost both Edgar fights and for sure lost to Melendez & Thomson. I had him losing 4/5 rds in both fights. It's obvious at this point Pettis is his kryptonite also.

You're out of you're fuckin mind. Yes, he lost the 2nd Edgar fight, but to say he lost all others is absurd. You sound like the idiot Diaz fans who say he's never lost a fight in his career.

And "obvious" Pettis is his kryptonite? Most agree he lost the first fight because of the "showtime" kick and that he would have had the decision until that point. For you to say he "for sure" lost all 5 close decisions is laughable. Nice try though.
2/3/14 4:38 AM
sherlock1988
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhys91 -
crazydave -

Good times! Phone Post 3.0
Bad times fren, the grease changed that fight.
That said bj's nuts are in my mouth most of the time. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 5:30 AM
dan0s

Benson is so butthurt. Go away and get some more gifted split decisions somewhere else. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 5:46 AM
NatualBornTickler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - I think you're missing his point, at least one part of it.

How many times did he defend the lightweight belt?

So where was his legacy-building superfight with Aldo? Phone Post 3.0
True

As far as a striker vs striker (Aldo vs pettis) fight it is always a more marketable fight. I don't think I could name a person on this site that would have loved to see, Aldo drop his title challenge benson and be split decisioned.

It's a MOO point Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 7:40 AM
pidgey
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Name: Benson Henderson
2/3/14 9:00 AM
Shoryuken Rw

Maybe this will wake him up and force him to actually fight. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 9:29 AM
slowdiver
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the Aldo v Pettis superfight, but would rather see catch-weight so no titles lost.

Strictly by the numbers, Bendo is right and has earned way more respect than he is given. Phone Post
2/3/14 9:39 AM
Sinful1
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His next fight He will be introduced as.."Bitter" Benson Henderson.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.