UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Pettis vs. Aldo is 'horse manure'

2/3/14 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sinful1
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His next fight He will be introduced as.."Bitter" Benson Henderson.
2/3/14 9:58 AM
Anthomis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Benson seems like a cool dude, its hard to hate on him but he cant be serious. Everyone wants to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Benson arguably lost both Edgar fights and for sure lost to Melendez & Thomson. I had him losing 4/5 rds in both fights. It's obvious at this point Pettis is his kryptonite also.
no way a pro fighter gives Thomson 4 rounds in that fight lololol.

Theres no way someone who actually pays attention to the fight even thought Thomson won.

Thomson won rd.1 and maybe rd.4 .

Watch the fight again on mute and tell me you give 4 rounds to Josh, throw no punches from on top, Thomson. From Josh, get the pace pushed against me, Thomson. From Josh, broke my hand so lower the expectations to a degree that I win a fight that isnt even close, Thomson.

Such shit that any MMA fan can watch that twice and think Josh won. No fucking way dude.

Ben clearly won
: Edgar 1
: Diaz
: Thomson

I would have been fine with either decision
: Edgar 2 (thought ben won)
: Gil (thought Gil won)

I like Benson. I dont even fucking like Gil.. But that fight and Edgar 2 were his only 2 fights thay you could inteligently argue that he lost. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 10:07 AM
Stu Cazzo

Benson was destroyed last time out. Move on homie Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 10:08 AM
Anthomis

Stu Cazzo - Benson was destroyed last time out. Move on homie Phone Post 3.0
How is getting hit 100 less times "getting destroyed" ?

Josh didnt have 1 good sub attempt from all those spots he was in. Josh won round 1. That was it.

Watch the fight WITH YOUR EYES AND MIND OPEN HOMIE. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 10:09 AM
civ77
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one wants to see your boring ass fight ben. aldo pettis will be a barn burner.
2/3/14 10:12 AM
Anthomis

2/3/14 10:12 AM
topshelf720

Yeah Benson...you should be furious about not getting a title shot...I mean you should be in there squeaking out a controversial split decision that only the judges think you won...just like your last 3 or 4 wins. How dare they!!
2/3/14 11:02 AM
DoomFarmer

Anthomis -

Josh didnt have 1 good sub attempt from all those spots he was in. Josh won round 1. That was it.

He means he was destroyed against Pettis. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 11:19 AM
NFABeeJay
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction Blackbelt - Benson did not even need the sauna this weight cut, his tears were enough to drop him to 155
hehe Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 11:23 AM
MattBFD
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizzlyedwin - Bendo's probably mad since a lot of former champion either get an immediate title shot or a shot after winning one fight and he didn't.
I think it's this. I think, with all respect to benson, he thought of himself as being in an early Gsp/Anderson- type dominant reign. So I think he believes people are chomping at the bit to see him get his belt back. But, I'm not sure if too many people are. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 11:54 AM
Stu Cazzo

Anthomis -

I'm talking about the Pettis fight.

Easy there trigger Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 11:58 AM
Res Non Verba
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis should have to at least defend the belt once against a 155er before a so-called superfight.

2/3/14 1:05 PM
judonoob

I don't get the Henderson hate. I like watching his fights because he is highly skilled and brings it every time. So he doesn't get the finish... the guy can fight.
2/3/14 1:12 PM
Stu Cazzo

judonoob - I don't get the Henderson hate. I like watching his fights because he is highly skilled and brings it every time. So he doesn't get the finish... the guy can fight.
I hate watching fighters that rely on the judges for the W.

For me...that takes a lot of luster away from the sport Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 1:17 PM
GregNoActionJackson
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson needs to STFU. Not a fan. Try to actually finish or win decisively then talk. Who the fuck says horse manure?

"Honey, it's that poop again"
He called the shit poop! Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 1:18 PM
jmont

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Benson seems like a cool dude, its hard to hate on him but he cant be serious. Everyone wants to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Benson arguably lost both Edgar fights and for sure lost to Melendez & Thomson. I had him losing 4/5 rds in both fights. It's obvious at this point Pettis is his kryptonite also.

You're out of you're fuckin mind. Yes, he lost the 2nd Edgar fight, but to say he lost all others is absurd. You sound like the idiot Diaz fans who say he's never lost a fight in his career.

And "obvious" Pettis is his kryptonite? Most agree he lost the first fight because of the "showtime" kick and that he would have had the decision until that point. For you to say he "for sure" lost all 5 close decisions is laughable. Nice try though.
pettis is his kyrptonite, who else was able to treat bendo like that? no one, and thompson definitly won atleast 3 of those rounds lol get your head out your ass Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 1:22 PM
TheJudge

OR it's a fight between two guys that actually finish fights.
2/3/14 1:25 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - I think you're missing his point, at least one part of it.

How many times did he defend the lightweight belt?

So where was his legacy-building superfight with Aldo? Phone Post 3.0

If that's his point he's still a fool. It's a timing issue. Aldo has cleaned out his division and now is the time to move up. If Benson was the champ still that's the fight that would have been made. Unfortunately for him he's not. If he wants to blame anyone, he should blame himself for losing to Pettis...again.
2/3/14 1:25 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - I think you're missing his point, at least one part of it.

How many times did he defend the lightweight belt?

So where was his legacy-building superfight with Aldo? Phone Post 3.0

If that's his point he's still a fool. It's a timing issue. Aldo has cleaned out his division and now is the time to move up. If Benson was the champ still that's the fight that would have been made. Unfortunately for him he's not. If he wants to blame anyone, he should blame himself for losing to Pettis...again.
2/3/14 1:44 PM
FaQ2

Rhys91 -
crazydave -

Good times! Phone Post 3.0
That's exactly what I wa thinking. I miss Baby J Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 2:12 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/14 2:12 PM
Yes Benson, you are correct.

But "horse manure" is needed in the LW division for fertilization because your fighting style does not provide any nourishment to sustain and cultivate positive interest. Just my $0.02.
2/3/14 2:46 PM
ender852
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand all the hate Bendo gets on the UG, he's one of my favorite fighters. Dude always brings it, non stop action, so what if he doesn't get a lot of finishes? most guys in the lighter weights go to judges decisions.

I'll always be a big fan of Benson Henderson.
2/3/14 4:36 PM
Damaynevent

Res Non Verba -

Pettis should have to at least defend the belt once against a 155er before a so-called superfight.

Great point.

How is Pettis in a super fight when he hasn't defended his title? He's no more a champ than Dominic Cruz. I know he hasn't been out as long as Cruz, but damn beat a couple LW before you start acting like you've cleaned out your division.

Anyone that says there are no fights a LW for Pettis is a moron. Plenty of people would pay to see him fight Gil, Nate, Thomson, Bendo or Miller. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 5:22 PM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather watch a super fight than another one of the lame-ass cards we've been getting. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 5:36 PM
The Sultan
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jab jab, push mop back, jab Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.