UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Franklin: I don't enjoy watching UFC fights

2/4/14 11:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rich Franklin has been a professional mixed martial artist for fifteen years, and like most was a fan of the sport before getting in the cage himself. However, Franklin believes his fifteen years in the sport has definitely changed his outlook as a spectator:

"It's different for me. Like I don't sit down on a Saturday night and watch the fights like a casual fan.  I'm analyzing fighters.  The worst part about watching fights for me, it puts me in the mental mindset as if I'm there fighting.  I've really gotten to the point where I don't necessarily enjoy the fights as a spectator like I used to 15 years ago," Franklin told The Great MMA Debate podcast.

"I'll watch the occasional fight with my friends, but even then you'll see me sitting on the couch kind of bobbing and weaving as if I'm in the cage.  It's a really weird feeling."

It's much more likely that the Sunday following a big fight card, Franklin is online watching highlights and reading the news about what happened as opposed to sitting down and witnessing everything unfold live.

"I'll catch the highlights and read the headlines the next day," Franklin said.

read entire article...

2/4/14 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bill Pharoni
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor attempt at a troll job.
2/4/14 11:24 PM
hendofanforlife
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - Poor attempt at a troll job.

ees normal
2/4/14 11:26 PM
Eggbert
969 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put him and chuck cage side together and watch the hilarity. They would be bouncing off each other in their seets Phone Post 3.0
2/4/14 11:29 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nowhere in the article or interview does he say, "I don't enjoy watching UFC fights." Phone Post 3.0
2/4/14 11:30 PM
TheEssence
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - Nowhere in the article or interview does he say, "I don't enjoy watching UFC fights." Phone Post 3.0
I for sure got a different impression from the title than what he actually get. I never thought the OG Blog would do this to us Phone Post 3.0
2/4/14 11:31 PM
ender852
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - Nowhere in the article or interview does he say, "I don't enjoy watching UFC fights." Phone Post 3.0

it does if you cut out the adverb "necessarily" and the prepositional phrase "as a spectator"

LOL

2/4/14 11:32 PM
ender852
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG blog gonna UG blog...

2/5/14 12:08 AM
studiocamp
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could ug blog be frozen with enough vote downs?
2/5/14 12:12 AM
HertogJan
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen Urijah Faber do it too during some of his fellow Alpha Males fights.

Fascinating to see these fighters do that while watching other fights.
2/5/14 12:17 AM
ShoeMoney
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WORST BOOK EVER WRITTEN!, MFCEO
Pessimist_Pete - Nowhere in the article or interview does he say, "I don't enjoy watching UFC fights." Phone Post 3.0
C'mon bro don't let facts ever get in the way. Phone Post 3.0
2/5/14 12:17 AM
ender852

studiocamp - Could ug blog be frozen with enough vote downs?

it has been tried, they just unfreeze it and give it 1000 vote ups.

resistance is futile.

2/5/14 12:29 AM
angryguy
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm. Rich has been randomly popping up in the blog lately. Cre, please tell whats up?
2/5/14 1:14 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

I do all of that stuff now. That's part of what I love about watching.
2/5/14 1:49 AM
MagSlim

"I don't sit down on a Saturday night and watch the fights like a casual fan...it puts me in the mental mindset as if I'm there fighting"

"I don't necessarily enjoy the fights as a spectator like I used to 15 years ago"

"I'll watch the occasional fight with my friends...bobbing and weaving as if I'm in the cage. It's a really weird feeling."

*actual quotes.
2/5/14 1:51 AM
spjackson77

I'm suprised Lloyd Christmas even has time to watch ufc fights, what with the big sequel in the works.
2/5/14 2:59 AM
TSMontana
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smart man.
2/5/14 3:24 AM
sockeye
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFD for misleading title Phone Post 3.0
2/5/14 3:35 AM
NorthFromHere
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/5/14 3:47 AM
nubp
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 - 

UG blog gonna UG blog...

UG blog is the worst
2/5/14 4:38 AM
rezzz
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most misleading title ever ??? Phone Post 3.0
2/5/14 5:05 AM
shinbang
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who ever okays this shit should be punched lightly in the genitals
2/5/14 5:36 AM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/14 5:37 AM

The Blog Headlines are retarded.  Seriously this is a point of pride around here? And you freeze people for voting this shit down?

2/5/14 5:53 AM
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I <3 UG Blog, so there.  Suck it.

2/5/14 7:34 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've really gotten to the point where I don't necessarily enjoy the fights as a spectator like I used to 15 years ago,"

"I'll catch the highlights and read the headlines the next day,"

sounds like a lot of people these days

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.