UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fixes and improvements

2/6/14 9:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/14 11:25 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor

I recently put up a thread asking about fixes and improvements you would like to see. The response was overwhelming.

First and foremost, there was a pervasive sense that A. Lots was wrong, and worse, B. that no one was listening. A is bad, and B is way worse.

Everyone here has my sincerest apologies for my lack of attention to your very valid concerns.

Going forward, there will be a thread, this one for now, where you can both suggest improvements and alert us to errors you are having. If it is an error, please let us know what went wrong with as much detail as is available, and as well let us know:

***PLEASE DO THIS UNLIKE THE PEOPLE BELOW WHO DID NOT THANK YOU***

Platform: Smart Phone, Tablet, desk/laptop

Operating System including version

Browser or app, including version.

***PLEASE DO THIS UNLIKE THE PEOPLE BELOW WHO DID NOT THANK YOU***

Your suggestions to date have been aggregated and organized. I can't guarantee that every single one will be done. In fact, I can guarantee that we don't have the resources to do everything that everyone wants to do. But we will over the next weeks and I guess months proceed through the list. We will update this list to let you know what is going on as we progress.

The suggestions you made have been organized into www and app, and into improvements and fixes.

2/6/14 9:15 PM
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

WWW ERRORS

Item Description Type
Cannot stay logged in Users having issues getting force logged out Error
Fighter Search search for "kimo" does not return desired results Change
Safari menu issue I'm on Safari / osx if i click the forum button i have to choose which forum OG or UG it's almost impossible to click 9 out of 10 times I'm too slow and click on the error sections/thread that jeeps popping up please fix that check out this forum for functionality. Error
Voting redirect When I vote on a poll on my iPad, after I place my vote, I'm redirected back to the main page, then when I pull the forums back up again, it tells me, thank you for your vote. Error
Delete PMs Can we please delete sent pms. Has not worked in years. When you check the boxes and click delete all , it wont Error
Unsubscribe multiple threads I would love to be able to check off each thread I want to unsubscribe to then hit "unsubscribe" like how it used to be. It's a pain in the ass hitting the Xs and the list refreshing. Error
Ignore List The ignore list isn't working for me, don't know about anyone else. It has never worked correctly. They will never fix it either. They've been told. Error

2/6/14 9:16 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

APP ERROS

Item Description Version Type
Share Function One issue i have with the mobile for iphone is it will not let me share anything to facebook the pop up bubble flickers and thats it. Iphone Error
Subscribe Function subscribe function not working on android Android Error
Vote/quote bug on android when a users votes for someone, then posts in the thread, it auto quotes the post/user that was previously voted on Android Error
Posts do not submit users hit post but get an error both Error

2/6/14 9:20 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

WWW IMPROVEMENTS

Item Description Type
Bookmark a thread. Users would like to be able to bookmark and return to a specifc page within a specific thread New function
Quote Notification Users would like to be notified via pm or email that they have been quoted New function
Capsulating multiple quotes Users would like the ability to compress/hide multiple repeated quotes New function
Voting System consider changing/removing voting system, possibly record votes on posts instead of or in addition too votes on users Policy/New Function
Vote Button Confirmation Users would like an "are you sure confirmation before voting" New function
Blue name with purchase users would like a free blue name with purchase from the store type of deal Policy
Mod accountability users would like to know why they are frozen Policy
Votes shouldn’t expire users would like their votes to not expire after thread is deleted. Policy
Sortable Search Results users would like to be able to sort their search results New function

2/6/14 9:21 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

WWW IMPROVEMENTS (CONTINUED)

TOS Revision Users would like to revise the TOS via member input and a voluntary user committee Policy
New Mod Protocols Users would like new protocols for warning,freezing,banning,etc. Policy
No Ex GF's User would like it to be illegal to post pics of ex-girlfriends Policy
Banning Consistency Users would like consistency in how you uphold forum rules Policy
Chill on the sticky threads Users would like less sticky threads and for stickies to be UG only Policy
Culling of modes users would like to get rid of extra mods Policy
Reason for banning Users would like to know why they are banned Policy
Keep frames users would like to make sure any site improvements includes the the framed version of the site Policy
Subscribe to thread without entering it Users would like to be able to subscribe to NSFW threads at the office New function
Report Button Report button for bullshit behavior or probs needing more than Karma system can deal with and/or needs quicker attention. ***I think the + and - need to be separated. One is for hey I love this content. The other is a REPORT for hey this violates the TOS to enable that we could even have a drop down which would hugely lessen the number.*** New function

2/6/14 9:22 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

WWW IMPROVEMENTS (CONTINUED)

1st unread post users would like a functiion that would take them to the first unread post in a thread they have visited before New function
Jump to Post name change when u us the jump to post feature id like your own name to be shown in bold or gold or flashing or something to make it extra easy to find. perhaps an icon? and i'd love to have an icon that shows a pic was posted on a reply there as well. New function
Virus/Ad redirection users would like you to please stop displaying ads with viruses and Ads that redirect you to a new page Policy
Autoplay Ads users would like autoplaying ads to be removed Policy
Mud Edit Post Mudnamers editing a post that has quotes in it turns into some <blockquoute> no spaces jibberish If it hasn't already been mentioned, follow Reddit's lead and add up/down votes to sort posts/threads accordingly. It will naturally and efficiently filter all the troll trash and make the mod's jobs significantly easier. New function
Edit Quotes Users would like the ability to edit quotes Policy/New Function
Search Feature Useless The search feature verges on useless if more than a couple of variables are used.. it almost always times out The newest quote format SUCKS… it's difficult for most people to edit which results in HUGE blocks of re-quotes that are often unreadable. Policy/New Function
Vote ups for Articles If an MMA news-worthy thread is posted by a UG'r and the UG picks it up for their MMA news page, the UG admin. should reward UG'r with Vote Up's (say 25?). Policy/New Function

2/6/14 9:25 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

APP IMPROVEMENTS

Item Description
Private Messages Users would like ability to send/receive Private messages via app
Password Reset Users would like ability to reset password via app
Bookmark Thread Users would like to be able to save specific page of thread to return to
Search Function users would like to be able to search threads via app
Edit Posts users would like to be able to edit their posts via app
Unsubscribe users would like to be able to unsubscribe from threads via app
Landscape mode users would like to be able to use landscape mode for forums and typing
Forum Links users would like forum links in posts to open in app
Capsulating multiple quotes users would like to hide/compress multiple quotes

Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

APP IMPROVEMENTS (CONTINUED)

Quote Notifications users would like to be notified when their post is quoted
More Threads users would like to be able to view more threads per forum
Friend Requests users would like to be able to send/receive friend requests
Save Picture users would like to be able to save thread images to phone
Mod Request ? Not sure what user was asking for, request to be a mod, or maybe mod alert?
Easy pic posting users would like an easier way to post photos. Jlau suggests imgur integration
poll voting users would like to be able to vote on poll threads
View Profile users would like to be able to view another users' profile
Back Button On the android app if im in a thread and accidently hit one of the bottom tab buttons (say the news tab) and then click back on the forum button it won't take me back to where I was in the thread, rather it takes me to the forum selection screen. Pretty sure when I used the app on my iPhone it would take me back to exactly where I was in the thread when switching between tabs.
Forum FAQ A FAQ forum on the app for reoccurring questions. It could have sticky threads like how to post pics, links, rules, etc. make it like a general help board where can request any mod/admin help that mods and admins can check. Anything from name changes to problems with posting to requesting stickies/deletions.

Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

APP IMPROVEMENTS (CONTINUED)

Muli-Task Multi task so it doesnt go to home page if u temporarily leave the app or get a call More OG Forums. (Pretty sure this is apple only)
Tapatalk Users would like forum to be compatible with tapatalk app
Goto Page Users would like button to go to specific page in thread
Sub Forums Users would like to be able to subscribe to or see more sub forums available
Copy Text Pretty sure this is phone specific but users would like to be able to copy text in app to clipboard
Update Main Photo more users would like the splash page image to change more often
Thumbnail Photos too large iPhone he thumbnail pictures on the news section are too big and cover half of the news headline.
Last Page I would like the option to select the "last page" when I'm in my subscriptions rather than just being able to select a thread.
Change text size Some sort of quick toggle on the app to change the text size
Move Buttons On the app, there is a strip of buttons, "news, shop, fighters, events, and forums." These are at the bottom of the screen and are often inadvertently touched while scrolling through posts. Would it be possible to have these buttons moved to the top of the screen?

2/6/14 10:37 PM
creepymcfinger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome , be good when this starts happening... Thank you Phone Post 3.0
2/7/14 12:10 AM
Flexo
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've posted it in every thread possible, nobody else has ever mentioned this problem or any poster here even acknowledged that I've said it. This app doesn't multitask 90% of the time for me. I can't leave threads 5 pages in anymore because I just lose the spot and the app restarts. Maybe it's just me, but it drives me nuts Kirik. Thanks for looking into all the other problems though. Phone Post 3.0
2/7/14 12:20 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Flexo - I've posted it in every thread possible, nobody else has ever mentioned this problem or any poster here even acknowledged that I've said it. This app doesn't multitask 90% of the time for me. I can't leave threads 5 pages in anymore because I just lose the spot and the app restarts. Maybe it's just me, but it drives me nuts Kirik. Thanks for looking into all the other problems though. Phone Post 3.0

That will be added, but what is your phone, and do you have the latest version of the app, and is it the free or the paid one?

2/7/14 12:26 AM
UGCTT_CrestRio
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh awesome. Thank you for the bookmark function, thought that'd be a great idea, Glad to see it come to light

Also thank you for the work put into the forum. Know it doesnt mean to much after the changes happened, but do appreciate the hard work. Wouldn't know where else to talk about MMA with other assholes, well, educated assholes.

2/7/14 12:30 AM
da Vinci 81
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Subscribe to thread without entering it | Users would like to be able to subscribe to NSFW threads at the office"

This one's hilarious to me.

- "ooohhh, titty pics"

*subscribed*
2/7/14 12:30 AM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Problem-any thread that is a poll thread, I can only click and view it if it's on a main page, like page 1, page 2, etc...

If I see the poll/thread in my subscriptions threads, when I click on it from there, I'm redirected to the main page. It's not just for my own poll threads, for any poll thread I've posted in.

I use google chrome

pc, windows

2/7/14 12:32 AM
Bruham
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Users would like to be able to subscribe to NSFW threads at the office"

Any chance we can bold this out make it the first thing fixed Phone Post 3.0
2/7/14 12:32 AM
John M
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap that's a lot. I'm generally not one to complain about this site, as I enjoy it too much to get mad at the people who run it, but a lot of this stuff would be really cool. It would just make things more convenient and user friendly, which is always a plus.

2/7/14 12:44 AM
Let me bang bro

didnt see this on the list. when i edit a post that has a line break (hit enter on the keyboard), it shows up as the html "</b>" in the edit and posts like crap. only way to edit a post effective with line breaks is to copy the post before you click edit, then paste it into the text box and edit that. its bad.
2/7/14 12:56 AM
Feelz Good

I'm at the point where I strictly view MMA.tv on my iPhone or kindle fire hdx. So I'd love a comprehensive update to the android app. Plus, why the fuck can't I view my private messages on a paid app? I bought this app twice, one is far superior to the other, but neither give me full functionality.

What's the scam here? I pay you for the app but have to visit your ad-riddled site to really get what I want? Phone Post 3.0
2/7/14 12:57 AM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik, I appreciate your taking the time to wade through all that.

Obviously you don't have to make every change that's agreed upon at once, so maybe start with the stuff that's a no-brainer and easiest to implement? Spacing out the changes a little bit would be better easier since it'd make it easier to address specific bugs and also make it easier for posters to adjust to anything new.

2/7/14 1:00 AM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me bang bro - didnt see this on the list. when i edit a post that has a line break (hit enter on the keyboard), it shows up as the html "</b>" in the edit and posts like crap. only way to edit a post effective with line breaks is to copy the post before you click edit, then paste it into the text box and edit that. its bad.

try hitting shift and then enter(while still holding shift)

2/7/14 1:12 AM
MediumRareMistake
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OG news blog on App :)
2/7/14 1:14 AM
Ace5002
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the newest paid version of the app, and ironically the app closed or "crashes" when I first tried to open this thread.

I would say the app crashes for me about three times daily. Phone Post 3.0
2/7/14 1:23 AM
hawgchao

90% of us don't deserve to post on a forum that's run by a guy like k-man. 

Last night the guy posts J-Lau's 1st fight, from what I assume is his personal MMA library, turning my shitty evening into entertaining

And today gives us assurance that he's being as hands on as he can be in the process of improving the app that so many of us feel is unequal in value to the three pidliy dollars it cost. 

Thanks Kirik. 

And yeah I am kissing ass. I love this place.  

2/7/14 1:29 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks, k

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.