UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fixes and improvements

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/9/14 12:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Sultan
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 1:48 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
UGCTT_CloudStrife - Not sure this is a concern for this thread but it is a site issue.

Had a few of my friends sign up to the site in the last week or 2 and all of them get the activation email after the 3 day waiting period but the activation code has not work for any of them. They sent in emails but have heard no response. Phone Post 3.0

OK, someone will be on it this morning.

Thanks

2/9/14 2:03 PM
bruised
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, this is something I've noticed with the android app:

If you vote on a post in a thread and then later click post to contribute to the thread, it quotes the post on which you voted. So, if someone randomly quoted you, it's because they voted on your post (either up, or down). Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 2:06 PM
D241
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't the ignore function go both ways?

Why do annoying troll posters still get to see me post, when I put them on ignore? I don't want to see their garbage, and I don't want them following me to my threads to post garbage.

2/9/14 2:18 PM
6ULDV8
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*You have ignored this user*

Seriously, if you can look at that from someone you hate that posts regularly here without the suspense killing you and you taking them off ignore, then you're a better man than I am.

If you put someone on ignore, they should be obliterated completely from the face of the earth.

OK Kirik?  Money in the budget for a hit squad that have Master degrees with double majors in computer science and Assassination?

Yes we can.

2/9/14 2:27 PM
6ULDV8
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A weird thing that has just started about a week ago for me is when I vote someone up or down from a PC using chrome, the little box that pops up saying 'your vote has been cast', or 'thank you but you can't vote blah blah blah' appears way way down on the page.

If you scroll all the way down to find the box and close it, your page size becomes normal again.

Not a big deal, but weird and just started happening.  

Do you really need to tell people that their button clicking was successful when they vote someone up or down?

We should take it on faith and you shouldn't need a popup confirmation for successful voting, imho.

2/9/14 2:31 PM
Knuckle Punch
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
Knuckle Punch - Samsung galaxy 2x paid version up to date. Sometimes ill look at a dirty thread and go back to subscription list then when I go into a new thread it will show the last thread I was in for a split second and its usually a butthole or some titties or something I was looking at. Almost busted a few times Phone Post 3.0

Ghost boobies. Whoa. Are you using an app or a browser and if so, what browser.

On android app paid version up to date Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 2:37 PM
D241
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Seriously, if you can look at that from someone you hate that posts regularly here without the suspense killing you and you taking them off ignore, then you're a better man than I am."

Don't get me wrong man. It takes practice. It also gets easier over time. I'm not going to lie though, when I put someone on ignore, it's because they have shown great consistancy at either being extremely negative(consistently), making personal insults or bringing up 1 instance in the pass-consistantly, and when I put them on ignore, their 1st or 2nd time I see "you have ignored this user", I hit the quote button to see what they said.

And then when I read it, I tell myself-"stupid, you put this person on ignore for a reason, and this is why".

It'd be cool if I couldn't even see their username/avatar, and I think asking to not be able to see when someone quotes them is asking for too much.

I feel i have haters whom appreciate topics/discussions/contributions I make, yet they are still hung up on something I said in the past, and continuously bring it up. Then someone quotes them, and it's a failure on the purpose of the ignore button.

I just like to weed at the bad negative people, which the ignore function was intended to do, but it is flawed.

2/9/14 2:57 PM
Soup and Beer
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The lack of landscape mode is the biggest for me.  Can not use the app at all on my tablet and this site is too slow on a tablet using firefox.

Do you anticipate these app updates to be completed this year or will it extend to next year?

2/9/14 3:01 PM
DougWilson
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont know if this a site or browser problem.

i dont see the arrows on the verticle scroll bars.

laptop

windows 7

chrome is the browser
2/9/14 5:08 PM
Jump Kick
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried to make a post from my iPhone 5 earlier and it got stuck. It worked a few minutes later after I went back and rewrite my post. I am posting this message from the same phone. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 5:21 PM
................hey yo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and thanks kirik. 

2/9/14 6:33 PM
tetris
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have really annoying problems posting articles. They will hang in the loading phase, even if it's inly a paragraph. I am beginning to think it is hyperlinks that are causing the freezing. Is there a way to just paste articles without the hyperlink?

Going back and forth from the browser to the underground is a pain in the ass as well. Countless times i have gone out of the app and to safari to copy the link location and i come back and post it on the underground and when i come back the app restarts and i have to do the process all over again. Dozens of times i have tried to post links and after 5 or so attempts i just give up.

Hardware
iphone 4s.
Ios7.0 Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 7:02 PM
Kirik
2533 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_CloudStrife - 
Kirik - 
UGCTT_CloudStrife - Not sure this is a concern for this thread but it is a site issue.

Had a few of my friends sign up to the site in the last week or 2 and all of them get the activation email after the 3 day waiting period but the activation code has not work for any of them. They sent in emails but have heard no response. Phone Post 3.0

OK, someone will be on it this morning.

Thanks

Add and thank you!

2/9/14 7:05 PM
Kirik
2533 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
bruised - So, this is something I've noticed with the android app:

If you vote on a post in a thread and then later click post to contribute to the thread, it quotes the post on which you voted. So, if someone randomly quoted you, it's because they voted on your post (either up, or down). Phone Post 3.0

Thank you, this has been added to the queue.

2/9/14 7:08 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
D241 - 

Why do annoying troll posters still get to see me post, when I put them on ignore? I don't want to see their garbage, and I don't want them following me to my threads to post garbage.

Is there a consensus on this? Anyone else feel the same way?

2/9/14 7:10 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
6ULDV8 - 

A weird thing that has just started about a week ago for me is when I vote someone up or down from a PC using chrome, the little box that pops up saying 'your vote has been cast', or 'thank you but you can't vote blah blah blah' appears way way down on the page.

If you scroll all the way down to find the box and close it, your page size becomes normal again.

Not a big deal, but weird and just started happening.  

Do you really need to tell people that their button clicking was successful when they vote someone up or down?

We should take it on faith and you shouldn't need a popup confirmation for successful voting, imho.

Phone if so what phone? Laptop what browser and os etc?

2/9/14 7:16 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Soup and Beer - 

The lack of landscape mode is the biggest for me.  Can not use the app at all on my tablet and this site is too slow on a tablet using firefox.

Do you anticipate these app updates to be completed this year or will it extend to next year?

They will be rolled out in parts over the next six months or more.

2/9/14 7:21 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
DougWilson - i dont know if this a site or browser problem.

i dont see the arrows on the verticle scroll bars.

laptop

windows 7

chrome is the browser

I have had that too a while back. Is added.

2/9/14 7:27 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
tetris - I have really annoying problems posting articles. They will hang in the loading phase, even if it's inly a paragraph. I am beginning to think it is hyperlinks that are causing the freezing. Is there a way to just paste articles without the hyperlink?

Going back and forth from the browser to the underground is a pain in the ass as well. Countless times i have gone out of the app and to safari to copy the link location and i come back and post it on the underground and when i come back the app restarts and i have to do the process all over again. Dozens of times i have tried to post links and after 5 or so attempts i just give up.

Hardware
iphone 4s.
Ios7.0 Phone Post 3.0

The error is logged. I have every expectation it will be addressed.

2/9/14 7:42 PM
................hey yo

kirik,

Was the hacking ordeal a blessing in disguise? Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 8:42 PM
D241

Kirik - 
D241 - 

Is there a consensus on this? Anyone else feel the same way?

You won't find many people talking about ignoring other members, I'm sure many feel like if they talk about how they ignore others that they'll get mocked.

However:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2201549

Mix6aplix made that thread^^^ 7-17-2013. I'm assuming it's a poll thread b/c when I click on it I'm redirected to the main page(I've stated I'm having a problem clicking on poll threads and being redirected).

Are you able to click on that thread? Anyways the thread title is "do you think ignore function should go both ways". I can only imagine OP was for it as well.

Herring In A Fur Coat - It never worked.

It will hide posts from people you ignored, but doesn't remove their threads from the thread list or hide the original post on the threads they make, nor does it block your post from them. You ignore someone and you don't see their post, however they can still see yours.

Fucking retarded and completely pointless, in other words.

No idea if it works any different on the mobile apps... probably not.

Hemlock - Im curious if choosing to ignore someone will ever mean not having their threads come up on my thread frame. Also it appears people I have on ignore can still see and quote my post.

Is it a function that is not "turned on"? Is it even possible?

Thanks

I wish the Ignore feature worked both ways. People you ignore, you don't see their post, but they shouldn't still get to see yours.

Think about this Kirik. 
Many times people hold onto grudges on here. Over time, someone might constantly insult or harass someone, to the point that person puts the other on ignore b/c they're always making it personal. 

Let me use Dan The Wolfman for example. If he put some of his passionate haters on ignore, any thread Dan makes or post in, will more than likely have his haters come and talk crap. Then those people will get quoted. Especially if they're trying to call Dan out and he's not replying(b/c he has them on ignore), someone will think he is dodging a question from his haters and quote the hater and add to the original problem.

If haters couldn't see post of people who have them on ignore, they can't continue to follow and harass.

If someone like Taz Styles gets a passionate hater who follows him in his threads, they might seriously consider toning it down b/c not being able to see his thread contributions would direcstly affect them, and it may not be worth it to be a hater following him around if they can't see his contributions.

Just my .02, thanks for taking it into consideration.

2/9/14 8:43 PM
D241

Darren Currie - 
................hey yo - kirik,

Everything is a blessing if you have the right attitude.

holy shit darren, your 2nd post in 12 years?!?!?!?!

Post more man.

2/9/14 10:53 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
................hey yo - kirik,

Everything is a blessing if you have the right attitude.

2/9/14 11:06 PM
creepymcfinger

I know nothing about the subject but it seems it would be easier/cheaper/ quicker to just dump the current app and forum outright and start with something proven like v bulletin with tapatalk, obviously you would lose the revenue from the app sales but that could be made up easily enough. IMHO Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.