UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fixes and improvements

2/13/14 1:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
demonsurge
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Using the website on an android tablet as the app does not go into landscape. Every second page is a malware ad and it just attempted to force a download of a random apk (android application). Doesn't happen on PC.

Its been like this for quite some time... Would like if the app went into landscape and could avoid this. Should cancel out your ads immediately before someone has data stolen or something bad happens clicking on something they shouldn't.
2/13/14 2:39 PM
DougWilson
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - STOP THE FUCKING AUTOPLAY ADS

this

have to wait for the video sometimes before you can start scrolling through a thread.
2/14/14 1:15 PM
D241
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/14 1:16 PM

#1. Seems like now when I click "LP" for last page of a thread I have been on, if there are more pages after the last page I posted on, it conveniently brings me back to the actual "last page" I was on, and not the last page. Thanks if this is one of the site improvements.

#2.I kind of agree that Muds should have more abilities. I think Muds should be able to post polls and how about Muds are able to use the search function for their username and other usernames and of course search for a specific thread title, but limit it to 1 month? This will give them more options than they currently have, it will make the site better in that we'll have less duplicate threads(as long as Muds use the search function).

For the blue namers, maybe you can extend the search function? I understand the mods can search back to 200 threads where blues only go to the 50 most current.

Leigh - 
D241 - 

Why doesn't the ignore function go both ways?

Why do annoying troll posters still get to see me post, when I put them on ignore? I don't want to see their garbage, and I don't want them following me to my threads to post garbage.

It seems the ignore function is broken altogether. I'm having to read all sorts of drivel

Have you tried logging out and logging back in? If I put you on ignore right now(not that I would), I'd be able to see your next post unless I logged out and back in.

Even if you put someone on ignore and check your ignore list, they'll appear on your list, but unless you log out and back in After you've put them on ignore, it won't go into affect.
2/14/14 1:39 PM
NiteProwleR
1374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I suggest a "Jump to pg #" button/drop down box for HUGE threads?

Its pretty frustrating when some of the best threads are huge & you have to click next that many times when you've already read half of it.
2/14/14 1:59 PM
iwrestledabearonce
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shit crashed again Phone Post 3.0
2/15/14 7:07 AM
Chumpstain
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Harmon Whistler - Your ads are redirecting us to malware sites and you are fully aware of it?

I am not surprised. Keep counting your money.

I am not fully aware of it. Has happened twice I know of. They do it right around Xmas when people are not checking much.

There are 6 threads about malware ads from this site in the last 3 months.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2267326

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2267276

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2264592

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2250228

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2278153

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2262118

2/15/14 8:37 AM
Pitbull3744
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oboe - Dont know what the hell version i have (newest) on iphone 5s app is starting to crash again kirik.. I was good for awhile but, here we go again! Phone Post 3.0
I have iPhone 5 also and it's crashing like crazy Phone Post 3.0
2/16/14 1:17 PM
Ace5002
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
Oboe - Dont know what the hell version i have (newest) on iphone 5s app is starting to crash again kirik.. I was good for awhile but, here we go again! Phone Post 3.0
I have iPhone 5 also and it's crashing like crazy Phone Post 3.0
Same for me, crashes at least 3 times daily. Phone Post 3.0
2/16/14 4:16 PM
demonsurge
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demonsurge - Using the website on an android tablet as the app does not go into landscape. Every second page is a malware ad and it just attempted to force a download of a random apk (android application). Doesn't happen on PC.

Its been like this for quite some time... Would like if the app went into landscape and could avoid this. Should cancel out your ads immediately before someone has data stolen or something bad happens clicking on something they shouldn't.

You previously posted you had no idea, and since I've posted this another poster gave multiple examples.

I just reported it to google, so hopefully that helps fix it. Its really not cool trying to force download files to a device.
2/17/14 12:42 AM
Il Duce
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

App just restarted 3 times in 5 minutes, while trying to put together a post. iPhone 4S, latest iOS. Phone Post 3.0
2/17/14 12:52 AM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

search function only going back to January of 2014.

2/17/14 1:25 AM
JerodR
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IPhone 5S.

I can post however I cannot pull up my subscribed threads. Very frustrating. Phone Post 3.0
2/17/14 11:57 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the automatic pic resizing screws up the ratio sometimes

please fix

http://i.imgur.com/fRJH8Ud.jpg

2/17/14 4:24 PM
raleigh

how about a short text to state reason for vote downs and a way for users to see a log of all the vote downs/reason
2/17/14 5:34 PM
jkd_guy
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mentioned this in the past...

Can you increase the "size" of the OG.

For example, if you search threads, in the UG you can search back years and years...but on the OG, it basically goes back only about 6 months.

I'm assuming this is due to the OG thread life being shorter and therefore, they "time out/expire"

Please increase the length of the threads in the OG, so they can stay as long as the UG.
2/17/14 5:48 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Search function is generally not very good. Spell check would also be nice, as would quote notifications.

Also, the Android app is not very reliable. I often have to shut my phone off because when I refresh the homepage or forum page, it will just give me the little loading animation indefinitely. Phone Post 3.0
2/17/14 9:40 PM
Pugilist82
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though I am only clicking "Post" once, I am getting an increasing amount of double posts. This mostly happens on my home cpu. I am running chrome on Windows 7.

Also, no one ever answered my other question:

I understand you are trying to earn a living, but is there a reason why muds don't have full search options, the ability to make polls, basically the stuff that would make the site better if everyone had, but isn't something that people wouldn't go out of their way to pay for?

When I was a blue, one of the things that was annoying was threads that were made because muds couldn't search properly to see there already was one, or threads made to bump an old thread.
2/18/14 2:07 AM
RustyTrombone
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep getting 'could not load latest news' error message on the app news screen. Happens whether I'm using internet or 3G. Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:18 PM
cypherpunk

Imagine if the OG were modernized...

https://mma.powerbulletin.com/otherground-forum/t/how-about-we-celebrate-the-fairer-sex-pics

Imagine if you could have your own OG styled forum...

https://powerbulletin.com/
2/18/14 2:38 PM
Jason
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
cypherpunk - Imagine if the OG were modernized...

https://mma.powerbulletin.com/otherground-forum/t/how-about-we-celebrate-the-fairer-sex-pics

Imagine if you could have your own OG styled forum...

https://powerbulletin.com/

god that looks awful!

2/18/14 5:34 PM
Boyd Crowder's Hair
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

less Rhonda and less Dana White via UG Blog please.

This is a fan site so I am more interested in their threads and it also isn't necessary to make a new thread EVERY time either one of them tweets something.

There is a reason many of us to not have twitter and do our best to avoid it like the plague; Twitter is ruining the elegance of the American English language.

Thank you for listening to my input.
2/18/14 5:40 PM
iwrestledabearonce
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shit crashed....again Phone Post 3.0
2/19/14 1:18 AM
NiteProwleR
1374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NiteProwleR - Can I suggest a "Jump to pg #" button/drop down box for HUGE threads?

Its pretty frustrating when some of the best threads are huge & you have to click next that many times when you've already read half of it.

2/19/14 6:34 AM
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any chance of fixing the archive?

so that search can find more than 30 hits? currently, you cannot get more than 30 hits. Anything after that is not available. Highly annoying when you get 30 hits from a single week, and not the thread from 2 weeks ago that you are searching for.

Also search seems to miss several results. I have threads in my subscribe list that simply will not show up on search, even if I copy/paste the title name.

2/19/14 7:02 AM
tetris
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will post a thread and then when i go to add the content it asks me to update info. I save the login info fight after making tge initial post and it wont accept my password so i cant post the content. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.