UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fixes and improvements

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/8/14 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zackthewop
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. Biggest thing for me has always been clicking on news and losing my spot on the forum.

Can't wait to see it fixed.

Hopefully Phone Post 3.0
2/8/14 7:44 PM
ghost842
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Users would like to be able to subscribe to NSFW threads at the office"

can we push this to top of the list?
2/8/14 8:11 PM
B17
686 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 
Kirik - 

I think we are going to decouple the Vote Up and Vote Down, because they are pretty different. Vote Up is "Hey I like this it is cool." Vote Down was supposed to be "Hey this violates the Terms of Service." I screwed up.

So I think we are going to have a Vote Up for stuff you like, and a Flag, with a drop down list, that just alerts mods.

That is an absolute step in the right direction.

Positivity is where it's at.

+1

Nice move.

2/8/14 9:10 PM
THERESmyCHIPPY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - Also it has a net negative impact on the forum. Too many people post stories that are compelling then get VTFD and frozen before they can finish because of cries for pics. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that's gonna stop the vote downs. You don't have to participate in the posting of pics but I don't think it should be un allowed on the site. Jmo though. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/14 9:21 PM
Knuckle Punch
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samsung galaxy 2x paid version up to date. Sometimes ill look at a dirty thread and go back to subscription list then when I go into a new thread it will show the last thread I was in for a split second and its usually a butthole or some titties or something I was looking at. Almost busted a few times Phone Post 3.0
2/8/14 9:23 PM
KICK

Could we get a Ice Cream Machine put in some obscure corner of MMA.TV? just Vanilla would be fine. thanks in advance.
2/8/14 9:43 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdChoices behavorial marketing web ad on right hand side of page occasionally covers up parts of the OPs first post. Havnt seen this in a while, could be fixed, but it was an annoyance as you could only read parts of a post

MacBookPro - Mac oSX 10.6.8 - Firefox 26.0

2/8/14 11:47 PM
JustPeed
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well we have some if the problems made into a list/table.. I guess that's step one.. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 1:25 AM
Elias Cepeda
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG always. TTT for Kirik and the work he does Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 2:13 AM
Leigh
1178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
D.A. - 
Kirik - 

I think we are going to decouple the Vote Up and Vote Down, because they are pretty different. Vote Up is "Hey I like this it is cool." Vote Down was supposed to be "Hey this violates the Terms of Service." I screwed up.

So I think we are going to have a Vote Up for stuff you like, and a Flag, with a drop down list, that just alerts mods.

What about a block feature? Is that something that is possible?

Anything is possible. I just need to get a sense of whether there is a consensus that the change is good, and good more so than things there already is a consensus for.

I think its a good idea. Of course, your posts would still show up if you were quoted but I don't think that's a major problem. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 3:18 AM
Eh_J
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about eliminating the minimum amount of friends that a mudnamer is allowed to have?

And removing the rules about who can send/receive PMs from certain people (unless the person has been blocked).
2/9/14 9:23 AM
Kirik
2363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
THERESmyCHIPPY - 
Kneeblock - Also it has a net negative impact on the forum. Too many people post stories that are compelling then get VTFD and frozen before they can finish because of cries for pics. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that's gonna stop the vote downs. You don't have to participate in the posting of pics but I don't think it should be un allowed on the site. Jmo though. Phone Post 3.0

There won't be any Vote Downs. There will be a flag for violations of the ToS, with a drop down you have to use. If someone is flagging someone for posting something they disagree with, it will be counter productive, as misuse of the flagging will result in freezing.

2/9/14 9:24 AM
Kirik
2363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Knuckle Punch - Samsung galaxy 2x paid version up to date. Sometimes ill look at a dirty thread and go back to subscription list then when I go into a new thread it will show the last thread I was in for a split second and its usually a butthole or some titties or something I was looking at. Almost busted a few times Phone Post 3.0

Ghost boobies. Whoa. Are you using an app or a browser and if so, what browser.

2/9/14 9:26 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Elias Cepeda - UG always. TTT for Kirik and the work he does Phone Post 3.0

Thank you Elias. Coming from you, someone I respect so much, that is awesome to read.

2/9/14 9:27 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Briggy - I cant log in from the computer. It says I've been logged out everytime I do. My account is unlocked though Phone Post 3.0

Do I not write clearly with bold words and ***s and all like that?

2/9/14 10:10 AM
Calavaro
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clicking on a link to a story on mixed martial arts on the android app (2.3 RC6) doesn't work right. YouTube videos work, but any url to a story messes up.

How do i make a link active from app?
www.google.com <- not clickable. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 10:11 AM
Calavaro
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/14 10:14 AM

If I post the following 2 characters from Andropid App  <-  Any text behind it is not visible in the app, but shows up in browser.

If I post <- from browser, any text behind it is visible from Android app.

hmm.

2/9/14 10:30 AM
kosta8201

It would be nice if you could divide the events section by organization. UFC. Bellator. WSOF. One FC. Invicta. Etc Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 10:44 AM
mikerobmma
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma -
mikerobmma - The share on Facebook option does not work for me and hasn't for awhile. Phone Post 3.0
Also, newest app, iPhone 5s, newest ios Phone Post 3.0
*crickets*

I guess I'll elaborate more?

When I click on the "share on Facebook" option the box to share flashes on the screen very briefly and then vanishes. Nothing gets shared. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 10:53 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure this is a concern for this thread but it is a site issue.

Had a few of my friends sign up to the site in the last week or 2 and all of them get the activation email after the 3 day waiting period but the activation code has not work for any of them. They sent in emails but have heard no response. Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 11:04 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
mikerobmma - 
mikerobmma -
mikerobmma - The share on Facebook option does not work for me and hasn't for awhile. Phone Post 3.0
*crickets*

When I click on the "share on Facebook" option the box to share flashes on the screen very briefly and then vanishes. Nothing gets shared. Phone Post 3.0

That is literally first on the list, or top three anyway.

2/9/14 11:05 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_CloudStrife - Not sure this is a concern for this thread but it is a site issue.

Had a few of my friends sign up to the site in the last week or 2 and all of them get the activation email after the 3 day waiting period but the activation code has not work for any of them. They sent in emails but have heard no response. Phone Post 3.0

OK, someone will be on it this morning.

2/9/14 11:08 AM
Kirik

Edited: 02/09/14 11:56 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor
Calavaro - Clicking on a link to a story on mixed martial arts on the android app (2.3 RC6) doesn't work right. YouTube videos work, but any url to a story messes up.

How do i make a link active from app?
www.google.com <- not clickable. Phone Post 3.0

If I post the following 2 characters from Andropid App  <-  Any text behind it is not visible in the app, but shows up in browser.

If I post <- from browser, any text behind it is visible from Android app.

hmm.

These have been added to the master list.

2/9/14 11:28 AM
JimmyPie
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmyPie - I can view my subs ever since the big password change. I've tried everything, it just shows either the UG or OG and it's doing my fucking head in. Cheers :)

Platform: Note 3
Operating System: Android 4.3
Latest APP Phone Post 3.0
This should obviously be can't view Phone Post 3.0
2/9/14 11:40 AM
mikerobmma
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
mikerobmma - 
mikerobmma -
*crickets*

That is literally first on the list, or top three anyway.

Well I missed it when I read through the long list of issues. I wasn't trying to repeat a known/listed issue. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.