UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UGGP 2014

2/10/14 5:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew - 24
Male
130 now
Fighting at 115/125
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Currently training at Jacksons mma academy. Phone Post 3.0
5'5 Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 5:38 PM
DreamerMMA
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

I'm talking to Jeff Meyer from TUFF-N-UFF in Las Vegas now. 

I think he may be interested.  They hosted the last two and it was an amazing experience.  These guys put on a professional quality show in the heart of the fight capital.  Lot's of VIP's, UFC/MMA legends, etc.  Great place for these events.

2/10/14 5:41 PM
DreamerMMA
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys keep the matchmaking coming. 

Throw your name in the hat if you are interested, no shame in testing the waters and seeing who is out there that might be a good matchup. 

I'll see what I can do to help secure a promotion and maybe a few sponsors that might be interested in helping you guys out. 

2/10/14 5:44 PM
ScottV
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -

You guys keep the matchmaking coming. 

Throw your name in the hat if you are interested, no shame in testing the waters and seeing who is out there that might be a good matchup. 

I'll see what I can do to help secure a promotion and maybe a few sponsors that might be interested in helping you guys out. 

You sir are a delight. Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 5:47 PM
DreamerMMA

TUFF-N-UFF in Las Vegas has formerly agreed to host you guys if you are ok with this.

Jeff and I are looking at dates now.  We are aiming for something around 6 months from now so you guys have some time to train and get in shape if that sounds good.

2/10/14 5:49 PM
DreamerMMA

Hopefully Jeff Meyer, President of TUFF-N-UFF, will post here soon.  He is mmaniac.

2/10/14 5:49 PM
GregNoActionJackson
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin a that's great news Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 5:53 PM
ScottV
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vegas would probably be the ideal location for all of this IMO. Thank you Dreamer!!!

Should I just edit my original post and add everyone that has thrown their name out there?

2/10/14 5:58 PM
teamquestnorth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -

TUFF-N-UFF in Las Vegas has formerly agreed to host you guys if you are ok with this.

Jeff and I are looking at dates now.  We are aiming for something around 6 months from now so you guys have some time to train and get in shape if that sounds good.

Fuck

YEAH!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 6:00 PM
DreamerMMA

ScottV - 

Vegas would probably be the ideal location for all of this IMO. Thank you Dreamer!!!

Should I just edit my original post and add everyone that has thrown their name out there?

Yes and try to keep it updated please.

The ideal thing is to do what Supercan did in the first UGGP.

He made a spreadsheet with everyones info and matched up opponents in columns so he could simply update the spreadsheet and repost it when something changed.

We can then edit it all with the promotion name, date of show and all that information as it comes along.

I will work on getting a date solidified with the promoter.  We'll have to see what shows he has coming up and find a time that works well with you guys.

I suggest at least 6 months.

TUFF-N-UFF usually does 3 x 3 rounds, often 3 x 2 rounds for first time fighters, you will not be doing 5 minute rounds so don't freak out too much about that.  Still though, cardio is your friend, get on that quick like.

Here are some of the rules for the fights. 

http://tuffnuff.com/rules-overview/

3. AUTHORIZED OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES
All striking (punches, kicks, etc.) and grappling (take-downs, throws, submission holds, etc.) techniques are allowed with the exception of those techniques specified as Fouls in Rule 4.

4. FOULS
a) Fouls, at the discretion of the referee, based on the intent of the fighter committing the foul and the result of the foul, may cause time to be stopped in the bout and warnings, recuperation time and/or disqualification being issued.
(1) Flagrant disregard of the referee’s instruction’s;
(2) Biting;
(3) Eye gouging;
(4) Clawing;
(5) Groin techniques;
(6) Striking to the throat;
(7) Fish hooking of the mouth;
(8) Striking spine;
(9) Unpadded Roundhouse Elbow strikes; or any strike with the point of the elbow
(10) Knee’s strikes to the head on the ground;
(11) Head butts;
(12) Kicks to front of Knee;
(13) Kicks to Head of Downed fighter;
(14) Hair pulling;
(15) Holding on to Fence;
(16) Spiking an opponent to the canvas on there head or back of neck;
(17) Throwing opponent out of fenced area/ring;
(18) Intentionally delaying the contest due to improper equipment, or by intentionally dropping or spitting out the mouthpiece.
b) Disqualification occurs after any combination of three (3) fouls or after a flagrant foul.
Fouls result in a point being deducted by the official scorekeeper from the
offending contestant’s score. ( The judges should only make notations of points deducted by the referee, for each round)

Only a referee can assess a foul. If the referee does not call the foul, judges must not make that assessment on their own.
A fouled fighter has up to five minutes to recuperate.
If a foul is committed:
the referee shall call time
the referee shall check the fouled contestant’s condition and safety
the referee shall then assess the foul to the offending contestant, deduct points, and notify the cornermen, judges and official scorekeeper
If a bottom contestant commits a foul, unless the top contestant is injured, the fight will continue. If top contestant is injured, he will be give his recovery time and then put back into top position if able to continue.
NOTE: A fighter who executes a fouling technique which is deemed malicious (with the intent of causing injury above and beyond the scope reasonably expected in a bout of this nature), may be subject to bearing the medical, as well as related recovery and recuperation expenses of the fighter who is injured as a result of such fouling technique.

2/10/14 6:05 PM
DreamerMMA

This is a very legit show.

ISKA is there, great professional medical personal on hand, professional level officials, VIP's, UFC staff.

At events like these you are likely to meet people like Dan Hardy, Wanderlei Silva, Frank Mir, Frank Trigg, Randy Couture and a host of other familiar fighters.

I've also met folks like Reed Harris, Jacob "Stitch" Duran, Steve Mazzagati, Corey Schaffer and Keith Keizer at these kinds of events so bring your cameras and prepare for an amazing weekend.

Also, as a suggestion if you have the time and resources come to Vegas a bit early, rent a cheap room and get some training in at some of the fantastic Vegas gyms like Wanderlei Silvas, Cobra Kai, Syndicate, Extreme Couture etc...

2/10/14 6:07 PM
Pitbull3744

discodrew -
discodrew - 24
Male
130 now
Fighting at 115/125
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
5'5 Phone Post 3.0
Damn id have to lose crazy weight to fight the guys my height, I guess I'm out lol Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 6:11 PM
ScottV

Pitbull3744 - 
discodrew -
discodrew - 24
Male
130 now
Fighting at 115/125
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
5'5 Phone Post 3.0
Damn id have to lose crazy weight to fight the guys my height, I guess I'm out lol Phone Post 3.0

My friend just signed up for an account so he can do this. Hes only like 5'7 but hes your weight. He was also into body building for a while so hes your perfect opponet. lol

2/10/14 6:23 PM
Pitbull3744

ScottV -
Pitbull3744 - 
discodrew -
discodrew - 24
Male
130 now
Fighting at 115/125
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
5'5 Phone Post 3.0

My friend just signed up for an account so he can do this. Hes only like 5'7 but hes your weight. He was also into body building for a while so hes your perfect opponet. lol

Damn sounds more like we should have a pose down lol Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 6:29 PM
ScottV

Pitbull3744 - 
ScottV -
Pitbull3744 - 
discodrew -
discodrew - 24
Male
130 now
Fighting at 115/125
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
5'5 Phone Post 3.0

Damn sounds more like we should have a pose down lol Phone Post 3.0

Whatever floats your boat. It'll be in Vegas so get crazy....

2/10/14 6:29 PM
Barao_Belieber
1661 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/14 6:35 PM

Sex: male (except on Thursdays)
5'5"
Weight: 165 (Down from 215 thanks to UG fitness challenge) Still more to go.

Experience: I watch UFC and street fights. I also fought my brother and sister. I beat her most of the time.

Special moves: Windmill punch and the Kalib Starnes finisher.

Training out of: Tristar

On a serious note, I have zero anything training other than having just started JJ. I will totaly 100% do this!!!

2/10/14 7:32 PM
teamquestnorth

Ttt for ausghpict Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:33 PM
GregNoActionJackson
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is looking to be epic. How match making gonna work? Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:40 PM
ScottV

GregNoActionJackson - This is looking to be epic. How match making gonna work? Phone Post 3.0
If it's up to us - I've got this.
If it's up to TUFF-N-UFF - well poop Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:41 PM
GregNoActionJackson

ScottV -
GregNoActionJackson - This is looking to be epic. How match making gonna work? Phone Post 3.0
If it's up to us - I've got this.
If it's up to TUFF-N-UFF - well poop Phone Post 3.0
Good shit brother. VTFU Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:49 PM
Revgear
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Revgear, Pro Gear

This sounds like a lot of fun! If there is any way we can assist, let us know and we are happy to explore opportunities!

2/10/14 7:53 PM
ScottV

Revgear -

This sounds like a lot of fun! If there is any way we can assist, let us know and we are happy to explore opportunities!

Any little bit can help! Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:54 PM
ScottV

Revgear -

But i could use a care package to start out ;) Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 7:58 PM
teamquestnorth

This is surreal Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 8:02 PM
GregNoActionJackson

Revgear -

Shit just got real Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.