UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> African heavyweight champ signed by UFC

2/10/14 11:59 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

EFC AFRICA, the continent’s leading mixed martial arts organization, has clinched a deal for heavyweight champion Ruan Potts to fight in the UFC.

“This is a great opportunity and we look forward to seeing Ruan competing with some of the best athletes from around the world,” said EFC AFRICA president Cairo Howarth. “We’ve been in talks with the UFC for quite some time and are happy to have come to this agreement with them.”

“We’ve pioneered and grown African MMA to a point where our athletes are now truly world class. This agreement is testament to that. Now is Ruan’s time to represent Africa in the world’s biggest MMA promotion.”

Potts’ contract is a six fight deal, with his first UFC bout expected to be in April, and will see him representing Africa against heavyweights from across the globe.

Since exploding onto the scene in February 2011 at the EFC AFRICA 07 event, Potts has dominated the heavyweight division.

“There is amazing talent here at EFC AFRICA, and I have improved so much as an athlete over these past three years with the promotion,” said Potts. “Now I’m looking forward to putting my skills up against other world-class UFC opponents from other continents.”

Potts will relinquish his EFC AFRICA heavyweight title.

The Extreme Fighting Championship produces 10 live events annually and has sold out some of the biggest arenas in Africa. With over 120 athletes exclusively contracted to the organization from countries such as Angola, the DRC, Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa and both sides of the Sahara desert, EFC AFRICA showcases the greatest warriors on the continent. EFC AFRICA events are broadcast live in over 110 countries around the world on nine television networks in multiple languages. EFC AFRICA programming is available weekly in 600+ million TV households worldwide, making it one of the most recognizable MMA brands on the planet.

For more information visit efcafrica.com, or follow us at Facebook.com and Twitter: Twitter.com.

x

2/10/14 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More heavyweight talent! Excited to see where this goes. Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 12:04 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before MMALOGIC states how this is a HUGE jackpot revenue move into Africa for the UFC....................

2/10/14 12:16 PM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

In before MMALOGIC states how this is a HUGE jackpot revenue move into Africa for the UFC....................

There are over a billion people in Africa. If we can reach every mud hut......just imagine 

matt Hughes definitely needs to be there presence there, so many animals left to kill

2/10/14 12:25 PM
Is_Normal

This is such great news for the heavyweight division. EFC has a shit ton of talent, so hopefully this guy can represent them well. Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 12:30 PM
theDude81
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone seen this guy fight?
2/10/14 12:35 PM
Kirik
1730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
hendofanforlife - 
Haulport - 

There are over a billion people in Africa. If we can reach every mud hut......just imagine 

matt Hughes definitely needs to be there presence there, so many animals left to kill

You would have to live in a mud hut to think everyone in Africa lives in an adobe home.

2/10/14 12:37 PM
civ77
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should fight Mitrione or Mir
2/10/14 12:40 PM
BooZe

Who dat Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 12:45 PM
hogh20

Kirik - 
hendofanforlife - 
Haulport - 

You would have to live in a mud hut to think everyone in Africa lives in an adobe home.

I work in the school systems here, and the people who live in the equivalent of mud huts still have internet access somehow...
2/10/14 12:46 PM
Haulport

hogh20 - 
Kirik - 
hendofanforlife - 
Haulport - 

I work in the school systems here, and the people who live in the equivalent of mud huts still have internet access somehow...

Of course they do! How else would I keep getting all those emails from Nigerian Princes?

2/10/14 12:49 PM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
hendofanforlife - 
Haulport - 

Adobe!

Adobe. The sassy new Mexican import that's made out of clay. German engineering and Mexican know-how helped create the first car to break the $200 barrier. At this price, you might not expect more than reliable transportation - but, brother, you get it! Extra features: like the custom contour seats, or the beverage-gripping dash. And the money you save isn't exactly small change!

fyi, we are just poking fun at mmalogic calling every market the next big jackpot lol. there is plenty of third world in africa still. and plenty of civilization too. awesome UGer Justin Wren is over there digging wells for them. you think they care about ppvs and the next fight card?

2/10/14 12:54 PM
MuayThaiMania
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the big heavyweight with the blonde mohawk in EFC. He's like an African Tank Abbot. Phone Post
2/10/14 2:20 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theDude81 - Has anyone seen this guy fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG8M0ul4DC0

2/10/14 3:11 PM
Ray Elbe
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Salmiyah, Kuwait
I'd love to see EFC star Don Madge in the UFC Phone Post 3.0
2/10/14 3:17 PM
Kinkle

AdmiralCackbar - All I'm seeing is a white dude. Where is the African you speak of? Phone Post 3.0

I think he has the same disease as Michael Jackson did.
2/10/14 3:39 PM
JoeJoeplata
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn it...I was hoping that he'd look like Manute Bol.
2/10/14 4:45 PM
wasssp

I was hoping Dana had come to an agreement with Serigne Ousmane Dia aka Bombardier aka the Black Brock Lesnar.
2/10/14 7:19 PM
KickassMcrad
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdmiralCackbar - 
Kinkle -
AdmiralCackbar - All I'm seeing is a white dude. Where is the African you speak of? Phone Post 3.0

Oh, he's a pedophile? That's cool. Phone Post 3.0

2/10/14 10:17 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KickassMcrad - 
AdmiralCackbar - 
Kinkle -

Ha!
2/10/14 11:09 PM
RadiO

KickassMcrad - 
AdmiralCackbar - 
Kinkle -

LOL
2/11/14 1:01 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was expecting some Sdokojou type Phone Post 3.0
2/11/14 3:36 AM
playboyrichy
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdmiralCackbar -
Kinkle -

Vu for the giggle! =) Phone Post 3.0
2/11/14 11:41 AM
Lan Jiao

damn, he fought a guy named Baygon

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.