UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Kajan Johnson racist?

2/12/14 6:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The image isn't racist. What the fuck?

And Kajan isn't a .50 fighter. He's 19-10, and 13-2-1 in his last 15 fight. Somebody needs to learn their ratios.
2/12/14 6:36 AM
Kostakio
604 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ You're "voting the thread down"? What the fuck? Can such pussies really exist in this world?? It's meant to be a joke, FFS! Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 6:55 AM
macblack
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Explain the butthurt. Cause really that pictures is true. Native Americans should be aloud to walk in to anybody's home and take what ever they damn please Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:00 AM
macblack
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius - Jesus christ you are all retarded.

One is a sort of witty cartoon that is funny because it makes you think of something in a way you perhaps hadn't before - it's funny because it's silly.

The other guy posted a picture of a black child and hashtagged it with the word 'niggers'.

Thank you Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:03 AM
TheFaintingGOATClownedAwayMySN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - Fake or not, this snitch needs to go down.

Snitches get stitches.
And end up in ditches. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:38 AM
purist
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm being slow here as I'm not American, but can someone explain how that picture is racist?
2/12/14 7:48 AM
likatiga
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

purist - Maybe I'm being slow here as I'm not American, but can someone explain how that picture is racist?
It's not. The meaning of racism has been lost these days. Over used and used as a weapon. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:04 AM
JackintheCrack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 8:05 AM

Racist? Probably not.

Annoying douche? Most definitely.

2/12/14 12:41 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 1:05 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Just for the record, I don't think Kajan was in the wrong for "exposing" Tyler. But I don't see how this picture isn't racist. What if a white guy posted a picture of slaves out in the field, picking cotton, then captioned it with "America's first outsourced jobs"? Would that be racist? Just because it may have truth, doesn't mean it isn't racist. Unless of course it's about the big bad white man, then it can't be racist. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 1:24 PM
Frobenius

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Just for the record, I don't think Kajan was in the wrong for "exposing" Tyler. But I don't see how this picture isn't racist. What if a white guy posted a picture of slaves out in the field, picking cotton, then captioned it with "America's first outsourced jobs"? Would that be racist? Just because it may have truth, doesn't mean it isn't racist. Unless of course it's about the big bad white man, then it can't be racist. Phone Post 3.0

You are thick as shit.

The example you suggest probably wouldn't be racist, depending on how it was executed. If it was in the style of the cartoon you posted, it would be criticising the outsourcing of jobs and the resulting exploitation, not celebrating slavery.

If you genuinely do not see the difference between things like that and pictures of children tagged with the word 'niggers' then there is no hope for you.

For the record, I don't think the original guy should have been denied a contract. I also think people are too quick to call racism in the majority of circumstances - exactly as you have tried to do with this thread.
2/12/14 1:52 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Frobenius -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Just for the record, I don't think Kajan was in the wrong for "exposing" Tyler. But I don't see how this picture isn't racist. What if a white guy posted a picture of slaves out in the field, picking cotton, then captioned it with "America's first outsourced jobs"? Would that be racist? Just because it may have truth, doesn't mean it isn't racist. Unless of course it's about the big bad white man, then it can't be racist. Phone Post 3.0

You are thick as shit.

The example you suggest probably wouldn't be racist, depending on how it was executed. If it was in the style of the cartoon you posted, it would be criticising the outsourcing of jobs and the resulting exploitation, not celebrating slavery.

If you genuinely do not see the difference between things like that and pictures of children tagged with the word 'niggers' then there is no hope for you.

For the record, I don't think the original guy should have been denied a contract. I also think people are too quick to call racism in the majority of circumstances - exactly as you have tried to do with this thread.
Did I say it was the same, or even close to as bad as what Tyler posted? I don't recall even comparing the two. I said that I think this picture is racist. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 7:03 AM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/14 7:04 AM
UGCTT_WarHunt - 
Chromium - 
UGCTT_WarHunt - 
Chromium - 

To be fair, this is a somewhat accurate analogy for early British settlers. Maybe not at Plymouth, but certainly at Jamestown 13 years earlier, without Indian's supplementing their food supply they would have been wiped out.

Plymouth Rock was a little different in that the settlers waltzed right into an abandoned native village just after a massive plague wiped out 90+% of the region's population. Free housing!

tbf, so was the aussie's tweet.

what's your point?

He's not getting a contract. filthy vile racists.

While dana's at it, he should ban all illegal drug users in his company. Starting with Rogan, then diaz, then recently Eye. Ban them all forever.

Manawaroa's tweet was a somewhat accurate analogy for early British settlers in the American colonies? Or an analogy for anything? Did you accidentally respond to the wrong post or are you just really, really stupid?

wat?

Mana's post was about black people growing up to be thrown in prison. That's not only true in Australia but in the US as well.

It was a harsh, crass point. But any educated person, i.e not you, understands how the criminal justice system targets black persons. It's a massive epidemic. Now you know.

I don't think you get what "analogy" means.

The post attributed to Kajan Johnson by the OP is an accurate analogy of early British settlers and thus effectively mocks dispariagement of the welfare system via role reversal using a real historical example.

Manawaroa's post was not an analogy in any way. More than that, nor was it in any way effective as a "joke" unless you live in some some sort of bubble, nor did it effectively make any sort of social point, nor did it even appear to be trying to do so.

An educated person would understand the distinction, but clearly that is not you. Saying black people go to prison and emphasizing the point by hashtagging #niggers #damnniggers is basically saying black people go to prison and they deserve it. There is no joke here. The only way it could be found as a joke is by inferring it to be meant ironically. Allowance for ironic inferment can be achieved by either being completely surreal (i.e. Robert Crumb doing a cartoon about "Canned Nigger Hearts"), or by the poster being a member of the group whom the venom is spewed at. There is no surrealist element to the image and caption, and Manawaroa is not African or anywhere close. I am aware that Maori folk sometimes consider themselves to be similar to African Americans and may worship African American urban culture, but even if this was what he meant, at best this makes him incredibly fucking stupid, even if it was only meant for personal friends who would see irony (if irony was actually the intent). He aint black. He didn't post that 6 years ago when he was 13, he did it when he was 18 not too long ago and furthermore after his fighting career began. Hell he was at least 5-0 by then. If he ever had aspirations to be a professional fighter with any degree of fame, he should have known how that would be perceived by people elsewhere. Being 18 doesn't excuse him for being a complete fucking idiot. And him being a complete fucking idiot is the best case scenario! The fact is, he hasn't come anywhere close to earning the benefit of the doubt, and considering he only took down the Instagram when got several days ago, it's going to be quite a while before he does. An educated person would understand this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.