UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Weed is illegal. TRT is not

2/12/14 12:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Drug testing in combat sports has been a big issue this year, with several fighters testing positive for marijuana and there is a lot of controversy surrounding the use of TRT. But from a promoter's stand point, the issue is very cut and dry:

"It doesn't feel like an anchor at all. Like I said, it's legal, what are you going to do? Until it becomes illegal, it's like the marijuana thing. It's funny how people want to pick and choose. 'Oh, he was over on marijuana, big deal.' Marijuana is illegal. This shit (TRT) isn't illegal. You can debate it all day long. It is what it is."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

2/12/14 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Freeman
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay

2/12/14 12:30 PM
TheAxeMurderer84
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a point. You dont have to agree or like it but if you get busted expect to feel the repercussions. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:31 PM
jagen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It is what it is."

Good ole' Dana.
2/12/14 12:32 PM
JJarvis_6

Once again fuck Dana an his opinion that nobody could give give a shit less about Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:35 PM
JoeHurley
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:37 PM
Pitbull3744

JJarvis_6 - Once again fuck Dana an his opinion that nobody could give give a shit less about Phone Post 3.0

You dont know how bad i want this guy to go away.  If Dana left MMA and it was all about the fighters and the sport etc MMA would be SO MUCH better off.  He is the only president of any sport that needs his face and his opinion everywhere!  He could dissapear behind the scenes, so that the journalists can just interview fighters and some coaches etc but all they want is this guy.  Fucking terrible.  

2/12/14 12:38 PM
Pitbull3744

JoeHurley - He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0

Joe do me a favor and write your congressman about something and see how far that gets you and let us know.  

2/12/14 12:42 PM
hendofanforlife
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ all these "professional" fighters who can't put the herb down. Fucking loser ass shit and I say that as a 20yr + smoker who is about to blaze another dab right now. Sure they should raise the limits, but everyone knows the current deal. Can they seriously not go a couple weeks without?

2/12/14 12:50 PM
hendofanforlife
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
JoeHurley - He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0

Joe do me a favor and write your congressman about something and see how far that gets you and let us know.  

Actually I've done that quite a bit over the years and have gotten many direct phone calls from actual congress critters. And many times their staff. You see, when many people call and write, it becomes cumulative. When enough constituents voice a opinion they have to pay attention. This is as stupid as not voting because "what does my one vote matter anyways?".

So this year I wrote all my florida reps and helped collect signatures to get medical on the ballot. What have you done?

2/12/14 12:51 PM
Pitbull3744

hendofanforlife - 

Lol @ all these "professional" fighters who can't put the herb down. Fucking loser ass shit and I say that as a 20yr + smoker who is about to blaze another dab right now. Sure they should raise the limits, but everyone knows the current deal. Can they seriously not go a couple weeks without?

I very much agree with you and i am a smoker also.  If i was a pro fighter i wouldnt be smoking at all through my whole training camp.  Whenever i was getting ready for any type of competition i always put the bud away till it was done.  

2/12/14 12:52 PM
Pitbull3744

hendofanforlife - 
Pitbull3744 - 

Actually I've done that quite a bit over the years and have gotten many direct phone calls from actual congress critters. And many times their staff. You see, when many people call and write, it becomes cumulative. When enough constituents voice a opinion they have to pay attention. This is as stupid as not voting because "what does my one vote matter anyways?".

So this year I wrote all my florida reps and helped collect signatures to get medical on the ballot. What have you done?

Well damn i guess i am wrong lol, and congrats on that.  I did try to write Chris Christie once and never got a proper response but i did get the run around from his office lol.  

2/12/14 1:14 PM
The Man With No Screen Name
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Dana have any opinions set in stone? Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 1:19 PM
TMT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 1:21 PM
Jotunblod:

Marijuana use is illegal under federal law, so that means marijuana use is illegal in Washington and Colorado. If the feds chose to enforce marijuana laws in those states, they could. They just choose not to.

Dana is in the making-money business, not in the common-sense business, so he's not going to wage a war with federal laws.

I am skeptical that marijuana enhances performance, while I am certain TRT does. So your point is well taken.
2/12/14 1:23 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to be a fan of DFW anymore.

"Weed is illegal. TRT is not."

Use some common sense, weed is not a PED. In my opinion they shouldn't even test for it. Really, nobody should test for weed...no employers..no one. It's absolute bullshit and everyone with half a brain knows it. There are so many people out there that blaze on the daily and it doesn't affect their life in any negative way. If anything TRT should be illegal in combat sports.

2/12/14 1:26 PM
crumbs

Lots of stuff use to be illegal, colors in the same school, women being able to vote, alcohol, Cocaine.

Just cause its illegal doesn't mean it's right, and for Dana to pretend its as simple as legal or not ,is a 100% bitch ass cop out move.

Russia's new laws against gays, everyone( Celt you bible belts folks ) knows those laws are bull shit, but it's law now, if one were to take Dana's cowardly stance you be on the wrong side of history of what's right and wrong.

Dana such a big supporter of gays rights, how about a dozen states in fucken america have similar laws against gay culture to Russia, so is the UFC going go into to these states and suddenly drop there support for gay rights that they love so much to throw in our faces, and side with state laws that say other wise.

Fuck Dana is such a retard.
2/12/14 1:27 PM
Attila
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana feels at liberty to insert his opinion on everything under the sun except the stupid policy of testing fighters for smoking weed. That's odd.
2/12/14 2:05 PM
Winston Wolf

what a crock of shit ,TRT is for cheaters Weed has zero effect on the fight If anythng its a disadvantage and at least half UFCs roster smokes weed regularly just mask it well and havent been caught
2/12/14 2:28 PM
JoeHurley
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 

As a business owner I have done this.  My call alone didn't change anything, but if you, other forum members and I all did it and as often as we post on here then it would be a different story.  But that is the problem with people.  We can all see the power of a united stand, but getting a large number of people on the same page and working together is damn near impossible.

2/12/14 2:36 PM
Hammerstein
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - Where's the Colorado n Washington fans at ??? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. By this logic, i can only assume the WA and CO commissions don't test for weed? Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 2:39 PM
Wasa-B
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry I don't like blaf but how is this his fault? He's trying to make light of the bs, no?
2/12/14 2:42 PM
Pitbull3744

JoeHurley - 
Pitbull3744 - 

As a business owner I have done this.  My call alone didn't change anything, but if you, other forum members and I all did it and as often as we post on here then it would be a different story.  But that is the problem with people.  We can all see the power of a united stand, but getting a large number of people on the same page and working together is damn near impossible.

I totally agree, i know that i happen to like Change.org i have signed many petitions that i felt were relevant and deserved the fucking asshole in the white house's attention.  If you ever have an issue and need a signature def PM me or let me know i am down to sign it, for a good cause. 

2/12/14 2:46 PM
mr1709

LOL at all weed smokers in this thread

um how about as aprofessional athlete you just dont smoke when you have a fight upcoming. IS it that hard for these junky addicts to stop for one month of their lives
2/12/14 2:58 PM
Hammerstein
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mr1709 - LOL at all weed smokers in this thread

um how about as aprofessional athlete you just dont smoke when you have a fight upcoming. IS it that hard for these junky addicts to stop for one month of their lives
Weed use is more prevalent across all segments of society than many people know. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 3:34 PM
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - Hard to be a fan of DFW anymore.

"Weed is illegal. TRT is not."

Use some common sense, weed is not a PED. In my opinion they shouldn't even test for it. Really, nobody should test for weed...no employers..no one. It's absolute bullshit and everyone with half a brain knows it. There are so many people out there that blaze on the daily and it doesn't affect their life in any negative way. If anything TRT should be illegal in combat sports.

You've clearly never met someone who's let marijuana control their lives and effectively ruin it. I've heard many times "it's not a hard drug, doesn't have the same effects and addictive properties as other drugs" Really? Then why are there professional athletes unable put the bong down long enough to pass a drug test? Riddle me that. To make the argument "it shouldn't be tested because lots of people use it with no ill effects" is just silly. Guess what? Lots of people use EVERY illegal drug with no ill effects, does that mean they should just stop testing for everything?

At the end of the day the UFC is trying to legitimize (I use the term loosely with their double standards) MMA. You just can't do that if all of the people you're trying to put forward as role models are criminals.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.