UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Weed is illegal. TRT is not

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/12/14 12:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Drug testing in combat sports has been a big issue this year, with several fighters testing positive for marijuana and there is a lot of controversy surrounding the use of TRT. But from a promoter's stand point, the issue is very cut and dry:

"It doesn't feel like an anchor at all. Like I said, it's legal, what are you going to do? Until it becomes illegal, it's like the marijuana thing. It's funny how people want to pick and choose. 'Oh, he was over on marijuana, big deal.' Marijuana is illegal. This shit (TRT) isn't illegal. You can debate it all day long. It is what it is."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

2/12/14 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Freeman
641 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay

2/12/14 12:30 PM
TheAxeMurderer84
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a point. You dont have to agree or like it but if you get busted expect to feel the repercussions. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:31 PM
jagen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It is what it is."

Good ole' Dana.
2/12/14 12:32 PM
JJarvis_6

Once again fuck Dana an his opinion that nobody could give give a shit less about Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:35 PM
JoeHurley
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 12:42 PM
hendofanforlife
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ all these "professional" fighters who can't put the herb down. Fucking loser ass shit and I say that as a 20yr + smoker who is about to blaze another dab right now. Sure they should raise the limits, but everyone knows the current deal. Can they seriously not go a couple weeks without?

2/12/14 12:50 PM
hendofanforlife
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
JoeHurley - He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0

Joe do me a favor and write your congressman about something and see how far that gets you and let us know.  

Actually I've done that quite a bit over the years and have gotten many direct phone calls from actual congress critters. And many times their staff. You see, when many people call and write, it becomes cumulative. When enough constituents voice a opinion they have to pay attention. This is as stupid as not voting because "what does my one vote matter anyways?".

So this year I wrote all my florida reps and helped collect signatures to get medical on the ballot. What have you done?

2/12/14 1:14 PM
The Man With No Screen Name
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Dana have any opinions set in stone? Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 1:19 PM
TMT
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 1:21 PM
Jotunblod:

Marijuana use is illegal under federal law, so that means marijuana use is illegal in Washington and Colorado. If the feds chose to enforce marijuana laws in those states, they could. They just choose not to.

Dana is in the making-money business, not in the common-sense business, so he's not going to wage a war with federal laws.

I am skeptical that marijuana enhances performance, while I am certain TRT does. So your point is well taken.
2/12/14 1:23 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to be a fan of DFW anymore.

"Weed is illegal. TRT is not."

Use some common sense, weed is not a PED. In my opinion they shouldn't even test for it. Really, nobody should test for weed...no employers..no one. It's absolute bullshit and everyone with half a brain knows it. There are so many people out there that blaze on the daily and it doesn't affect their life in any negative way. If anything TRT should be illegal in combat sports.

2/12/14 1:27 PM
Attila
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana feels at liberty to insert his opinion on everything under the sun except the stupid policy of testing fighters for smoking weed. That's odd.
2/12/14 2:05 PM
Winston Wolf
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a crock of shit ,TRT is for cheaters Weed has zero effect on the fight If anythng its a disadvantage and at least half UFCs roster smokes weed regularly just mask it well and havent been caught
2/12/14 2:28 PM
JoeHurley
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
JoeHurley - He doesn't make the laws. Write your congressman instead of the thousand posts on here bitching about Dana and maybe something will get done. Phone Post 3.0

Joe do me a favor and write your congressman about something and see how far that gets you and let us know.  

As a business owner I have done this.  My call alone didn't change anything, but if you, other forum members and I all did it and as often as we post on here then it would be a different story.  But that is the problem with people.  We can all see the power of a united stand, but getting a large number of people on the same page and working together is damn near impossible.

2/12/14 2:36 PM
Hammerstein
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - Where's the Colorado n Washington fans at ??? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. By this logic, i can only assume the WA and CO commissions don't test for weed? Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 2:39 PM
Wasa-B
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry I don't like blaf but how is this his fault? He's trying to make light of the bs, no?
2/12/14 2:46 PM
mr1709

LOL at all weed smokers in this thread

um how about as aprofessional athlete you just dont smoke when you have a fight upcoming. IS it that hard for these junky addicts to stop for one month of their lives
2/12/14 2:58 PM
Hammerstein
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mr1709 - LOL at all weed smokers in this thread

um how about as aprofessional athlete you just dont smoke when you have a fight upcoming. IS it that hard for these junky addicts to stop for one month of their lives
Weed use is more prevalent across all segments of society than many people know. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 3:34 PM
rkm456
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - Hard to be a fan of DFW anymore.

Use some common sense, weed is not a PED. In my opinion they shouldn't even test for it. Really, nobody should test for weed...no employers..no one. It's absolute bullshit and everyone with half a brain knows it. There are so many people out there that blaze on the daily and it doesn't affect their life in any negative way. If anything TRT should be illegal in combat sports.

You've clearly never met someone who's let marijuana control their lives and effectively ruin it. I've heard many times "it's not a hard drug, doesn't have the same effects and addictive properties as other drugs" Really? Then why are there professional athletes unable put the bong down long enough to pass a drug test? Riddle me that. To make the argument "it shouldn't be tested because lots of people use it with no ill effects" is just silly. Guess what? Lots of people use EVERY illegal drug with no ill effects, does that mean they should just stop testing for everything?

At the end of the day the UFC is trying to legitimize (I use the term loosely with their double standards) MMA. You just can't do that if all of the people you're trying to put forward as role models are criminals.
2/12/14 3:39 PM
Attila
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mr1709 - LOL at all weed smokers in this thread

I agree that fighters are stupid and immature to smoke weed when they know they might be tested for it. On the other hand, people have a legitimate point to make that it's a stupid policy to even test for it.
2/12/14 3:41 PM
Phil999

Jotunblod - 

one is a performance enhancer and one is a movie and food enhancer

now which is really cheating.

wash and colo it is legal soooo

You forgot to add that one helps you to get laid.
2/12/14 3:46 PM
TMT
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 4:00 PM
rkm456 - 

I agree the UFC does not have a sufficient incentive to advocate for the reform of marijuana laws. But people here are talking about something else. Two things, in fact.

First, is the US's federal marijuana policy sensible? Are the costs of (1) prosecuting people, (2) disrupting families, (3) making people lose time at work, (4) locking people up, and (5) the inevitable illegal marijuana trade justified by the harm the policy prevents? Most people on this forum do not think the costs of enforcing current marijuana policy are worth it. Instead, they think the costs of some people overusing marijuana are more than offset by the savings from not prosecuting and incarcerating people.

This is what happened during the prohibition of alcohol. The US prohibited alcohol, and reduced the costs of people drinking too much. But in the end, the consensus was that prohibiting alcohol cost more than its benefits. (There were astronomical costs associated with prosecuting people, incarcerating people, battling illegal producers and distributors of alcohol, etc.) So the US ended the prohibition of alcohol.

Second, is there any common sense reason for ACs to test for marijuana? There is very little evidence I am aware of that marijuana use sufficiently enhances or hurts performance to be considered a PED or danger to athletes. I am skeptical there is any legitimate, purely sports-related reason for testing for marijuana.
2/12/14 3:51 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rkm456 - 
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - Hard to be a fan of DFW anymore.

You've clearly never met someone who's let marijuana control their lives and effectively ruin it. I've heard many times "it's not a hard drug, doesn't have the same effects and addictive properties as other drugs" Really? Then why are there professional athletes unable put the bong down long enough to pass a drug test? Riddle me that. To make the argument "it shouldn't be tested because lots of people use it with no ill effects" is just silly. Guess what? Lots of people use EVERY illegal drug with no ill effects, does that mean they should just stop testing for everything?

At the end of the day the UFC is trying to legitimize (I use the term loosely with their double standards) MMA. You just can't do that if all of the people you're trying to put forward as role models are criminals.

I get what you're saying, but the people who let weed ruin their lives were bound to fuck up somewhere. Like good ol' Joe Rogan says, you can abuse cheeseburgers. How many fat fucks get addicted to just eating and ruin their quality of life by being obese? Cannabis is not a hard drug. I don't care what anyone says, it's just a load of reefer madness bullshit.

I won't even address the comment about criminals. Ah, fuck it. If you think someone who smokes weed is a real "criminal" then I feel sorry for you. Stop watching that god damned Nancy Grace.
2/12/14 3:58 PM
Hammerstein

Lmao @ "criminals"! Do you have any idea how many guys in MMA have actual criminal records? Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 3:58 PM
Tad Ghostal
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course weed should be prohibited and tested for, you don't want someone getting in the cage stoned out of their tree. The trouble is that the test is so inaccurate that it doesn't differentiate between being stoned in the cage and being stoned days (or even weeks) before and having fully recovered.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.