UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Melendez having contract problems (?)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/12/14 7:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Per Ariels twitter, Dana White doesn't like his manager, who is the same as GSPs. Says he (Gil) should contact Lorenzo quick or start looking elsewhere.

I seriously hope Dana doesn't fuck someone over because he doesn't like someone. I'll try to screen cap the tweets and post them. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:25 PM
rexthedog
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gil is one of my favourites and he's only been in the UFC for five minutes after years of waiting, they need to sort this shit out.

Also, with Alvarez and Chandler not in the UFC, Dana should be trying hard to keep a hold of his top LWs Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:25 PM
MMA Playwright
1147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/12/14 7:26 PM
xsrg95
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YOU
MMAhaiku
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjorn gets a bjoner. Phone Post 3.0
BrattMamley
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stfuuuuu Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:27 PM
2Fort
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melendez is literally top 2 talent in the LW division, it would be one of the dumbest fucking moves on the planet to let him go.
2/12/14 7:27 PM
John M
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 7:35 PM

Gil sat out a long time after the Thomson fight, and never fought Healy (contract troubles, injuries) because he knew the guy with the title would get a bigger contract and get an immediate title shot once the UFC and Strikeforce merged. I think he's trying to wait it out to see if he can get a title fight with Pettis.

2/12/14 7:28 PM
HandyDarsh
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ppv prices /\

Fighter pay \/ Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:29 PM
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
Malvert the Janitor
1607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2Fort - Melendez is literally top 2 talent in the LW division, it would be one of the dumbest fucking moves on the planet to let him go.
They let BJ walk when he had the ww title and immediately after he defeated the best p4p LW and WW in the world.

Don't underestimate their stupidity. Phone Post 3.0

http://imgur.com/dW5F1Ji

http://imgur.com/tum4PjH Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:31 PM
MoomBah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wants gsp money. He's probably not the draw he and his manager thinks he is, but he performs and he's top 3 in the weight class. Pay the man his money. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:32 PM

Mix6APlix - Dana hates the 209. Phone Post 3.0
No kidding. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:33 PM
Matrixkick
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Tiger Man - He has a contract so I doubt it's money. Probably more about trying to choose his opponents.
This seems to be the case... Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:43 PM
Chris27
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He makes 175k to show but that was probably his SF deal coming to an end, actually it def was his SF deal coming to an end.

UFC clearly doesnt feel he is worth that unless he is champ which is isnt, remember Bendo as champ made I think 100/100.  So as a contender UFC probably wants him to take less and for Gilbert who feels he beat bendo he shouldnt have to take less, which you cant blame him for that.

So they seem to be far apart and Dana hates his manager, not that hating a manager is the reason he will let Gil walk, the terms of the deal are the problem.

It would fucking suck if Gil waits all that time to finally get to the UFC, gets two fights and then has to leave cuase the UFC dont want to pay him.  If he leaves then the UFC is officially a fucking joke.

2/12/14 7:46 PM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you Dana. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 7:47 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoomBah - He wants gsp money. He's probably not the draw he and his manager thinks he is, but he performs and he's top 3 in the weight class. Pay the man his money. Phone Post 3.0

What are you talking about?

You have no f'n clue what he is asking for and you automatically act like it's the UFCs job to pay him. I am very glad you don't run one of my companies or I'd be bankrupt.

What if Gil wants $5 per PPV, a fight against a non top 10 and $3,000,000 guarantee. Do you pay him?

FUCK NO!
2/12/14 7:49 PM
Hessian
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will give him more if he gives in and gets rid of his management.

Nothing Zuffa seems to hate more then a middle person trying to get more for their athlete.
2/12/14 7:51 PM
Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana really is a disgusting fuck !!!  Wake up Lorenzo the writing is on the wall 

2/12/14 7:59 PM
iShatswhenWeidmanBassoondSilva
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry about the other thread OP. I searched Gil, Gilbert but not Melendez. 

VU for the trouble.

2/12/14 8:07 PM
hendofanforlife
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

He makes 175k to show but that was probably his SF deal coming to an end, actually it def was his SF deal coming to an end.

UFC clearly doesnt feel he is worth that unless he is champ which is isnt, remember Bendo as champ made I think 100/100.  So as a contender UFC probably wants him to take less and for Gilbert who feels he beat bendo he shouldnt have to take less, which you cant blame him for that.

So they seem to be far apart and Dana hates his manager, not that hating a manager is the reason he will let Gil walk, the terms of the deal are the problem.

It would fucking suck if Gil waits all that time to finally get to the UFC, gets two fights and then has to leave cuase the UFC dont want to pay him.  If he leaves then the UFC is officially a fucking joke.

this. same sitch just happened to my man hendo. and i was okay with it

2/12/14 8:11 PM
breakbeatbox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you not pay a guy like Gil Melendez? Break off that cheddar for an entertaining scrapper, Lorenzo.
2/12/14 8:18 PM
Evadmils
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
MoomBah - He wants gsp money. He's probably not the draw he and his manager thinks he is, but he performs and he's top 3 in the weight class. Pay the man his money. Phone Post 3.0

What are you talking about?

You have no f'n clue what he is asking for and you automatically act like it's the UFCs job to pay him. I am very glad you don't run one of my companies or I'd be bankrupt.

What if Gil wants $5 per PPV, a fight against a non top 10 and $3,000,000 guarantee. Do you pay him?

FUCK NO!
Easy Fella......... Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:23 PM
Yussarian
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope they work this out, not the time to lose yet another good fighter. He is a legit scrapper.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.