UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Overeem is HIDING from JDS" - Dana White

2/12/14 8:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/14 8:02 PM

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 40m

"He wants nothing to do with dos Santos. He's literally hiding from him," White said. AO is in Jamaica and didn't respond when contacted.

White offered Overeem a 5-round main event fight in Brazil against JDS, but he said AO turned it down. ….

White said he then offered Overeem a three-round co-main event fight in Vegas against JDS, and AO also turned it down.
2/12/14 8:03 PM
Hocky Balboa
7396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Overeem scared of Dos Santos, flees to Jamaica."

-UG News

2/12/14 8:13 PM
WickedWonder
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's trying to get title shot without going thru JDS. SCURRED!!
2/12/14 8:15 PM
Kid Charlemagne
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -

-UG News

Lol! Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:17 PM
EatonBeever
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Charlemagne - 
Hocky Balboa -

-UG News

Lol! Phone Post 3.0

lmao

2/12/14 8:17 PM
PootieTang
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SHOTS FIRED! Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:18 PM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -

-UG News

I found this extremely funny Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:20 PM
brahmabull81
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is ducking logic, as usual.

Emotional like Drake.
2/12/14 8:21 PM
Kneeblock
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny how Dana never mentions money when he talks about fighters turning down fights. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:32 PM
tumn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the butthurt censorship on this board is shitty
2/12/14 8:36 PM
RyannVonDoom

I can't say what I want about Dana.. but I truly wish someone in the HW division challenges Dana and has it in their contract a fight with him. He needs to be humbled. 

2/12/14 8:37 PM
Lex_o

Bad match up for Reem but exactly the type of fight that skips him to a title shot. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:37 PM
Rudi

Wyatt Derp - Why does Dana do this ? Seems like a shitty thing for a boss to do. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:39 PM
Hammerstein
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there another promoter in any fight sport that shots on their own fighters as much as Dana does? Phone Post 3.0
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Dana should not have said this, but shit.  Did anyone watch the last post fight presser? A reporter specifically asked AO if he wanted to face JDS.  AO was EXTREMELY evasive on the answer but it was obvious he wanted no part of it.  I can't really say I blame him.  It's a career move.  He's been on a losing streak and getting KO'd by JDS is not a way to improve his situation.

Hammerstein
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ shits* Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:40 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dick move on Dana's part. I'm sure AO is just trying to rack up at least 2 more W's before he takes a dangerous fight like JDS or even Barnett. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:40 PM
Drunkenirishfc
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wyatt Derp - Why does Dana do this ? Seems like a shitty thing for a boss to do. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:41 PM
Logic MMA

It's been obvious for a while reem is scared shitless of JDS, why else would he call out brock fucking lesnar?

throw bags of cash at overeem and he'll take the fight.... BUT THE UFC IS TOO CHEAP.

So the fight likely won't happen, no matter how bad dana tries to badmouth and bully his fighters.
2/12/14 8:45 PM
kyle223
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How Dana says stuff like this about his fighters and then shakes their hands and looks them in the eye like all is cool is beyond me.
2/12/14 8:45 PM
Seats Taken
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simple explanation is he knows he's gonna fail the shit out of a drug test if he's in Jamaica right now. Phone Post 3.0
2/12/14 8:46 PM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Logic MMA - It's been obvious for a while reem is scared shitless of JDS, why else would he call out brock fucking lesnar?

throw bags of cash at overeem and he'll take the fight.... BUT THE UFC IS TOO CHEAP.

So the fight likely won't happen, no matter how bad dana tries to badmouth and bully his fighters.

Last I read (if correct) his contract already gives him many more bags of cash per fight than most of the other heavyweights.  Something around 300K IIRC.  That's more than he is worth considering most of his recent fights in the octagon are him getting KO'd.

2/12/14 8:46 PM
Liyon
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 

I can't say what I want about Dana.. but I truly wish someone in the HW division challenges Dana and has it in their contract a fight with him. He needs to be humbled. 

Honest story. I had a dream last week. Overeem was in it. He was sparring with some no-namer, got rocked and TKOed.

Then Dana comes out of nowhere, talks mad-shit, etc... and Overeem proceeds to kick his ass in front of the whole gym.

Thought it was funny given this thread/development.
2/12/14 8:47 PM
bluesville
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ha! Dana REALLY hates fighters having enough money to not be at his beck and call.

I bet he wishes they were all on 6/6 so he can tell them what to do and when.

The BLAF is a caricature of himself at this point.
2/12/14 8:50 PM
Logic MMA

Soup and Beer - 
Logic MMA - It's been obvious for a while reem is scared shitless of JDS, why else would he call out brock fucking lesnar?

Last I read (if correct) his contract already gives him many more bags of cash per fight than most of the other heavyweights.  Something around 300K IIRC.  That's more than he is worth considering most of his recent fights in the octagon are him getting KO'd.

well it looks like the reem vs jds fight aint going down then.

sucks for the fans.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.