UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem: I'm injured, not scared of JDS

2/13/14 11:21 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On the latest edition of UFC Tonight, Dana White said that he offered two dates for Alistair Overeem to fight Junior Dos Santos, to both of which he declined. He said that Overeem wanted nothing to do with Dos Santos and was hiding from him.

However Overeem himself disputed that information directly to MMAFighting.com:

"I'm hurt," he said. "Rib problem. So first [I] need an ETA on recovery time. [It] would be unwise to accept any fight before knowing exactly what's up. [I] wouldn't want to pull out of any fight [due to] being unfit, especially an anticipated fight as this one."

read entire article...

2/13/14 11:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem wants no part of JDS. Since his last fight he ducked and dodged all the JDS talk. He might be legit hurt, but he definitely wants no part of JDS.
2/13/14 11:45 AM
Dana Stern

I'm a bug Dana fan and supporter and always have been. Live the UFC and always have been in their corner. It seems weird though how Dana continues to attack his fighters repeatedly. I just don't get it. Usually I understand the stuff that Dana does in some kind of way but why have disgruntled fighters? This may be the first time I've not understood Dana. Phone Post
2/13/14 11:50 AM
John Nic

Funny how Dana loves throwing his own fighters under the bus.
2/13/14 11:53 AM
Durk McGurk

Hey Dana. Shut Up. Shut Up. Shut the fuck up. Shut you're fucking face. Just shut up. Stop talking about your fighters. Even if the Reem is scurred.
2/13/14 11:55 AM
razrtyrone

John Nic - Funny how Dana loves throwing his own fighters under the bus.
I think more people are realizing this after GSP's last fight Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:03 PM
Aaron Becker

Edited: 02/13/14 12:03 PM
he wants no part of this shit
2/13/14 12:05 PM
JackintheCrack

I'm so disappointed in Dana lately. I've been a fan for a long time, and usually support him, but all this bashing lately before he gets all his facts straight is starting to get out of hand. 

2/13/14 12:07 PM
overeemgoat
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

F*ck dana war overeem! Phone Post
2/13/14 12:08 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's so stupid to think that a multi org champ with over 50 fights is scared of anyone.

How easy is it to say "we offered overeem a fight with JDS but he wants to heal up his ribs first. We can't wait for that, JDS needs a fight." Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:24 PM
DoomFarmer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - he wants no part of this shit
Aaron Pecker Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:25 PM
FreeVNasty

why the fuck are there "big dana fans" and "dana supporters"? Why are you supporting a promoter in the first place? Do you really not see that as a problem, that his face is the one you know, that his actions are the thing you support, not the thing he's supposed to be promoting?
2/13/14 12:30 PM
RicGillespie

So Overroid wants to fight Brock Lesnar but when offered up JDS he is conveniently injured.... Seems like he just wants to pick the easiest fights and maximize his paydays. Can see how this would irritate a promoter, especially one that has invested a lot of $$ into him
2/13/14 12:32 PM
Cameron0000
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem ain't scared of jds he will want to be at 100% for sure, the list of elite strikers he has fought is long and they could do just as much if not more damage than jds Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:35 PM
JackintheCrack

FreeVNasty - why the fuck are there "big dana fans" and "dana supporters"? Why are you supporting a promoter in the first place? Do you really not see that as a problem, that his face is the one you know, that his actions are the thing you support, not the thing he's supposed to be promoting?

The UFC boils down to entertainment. Dana, hate him or like him, is entertaining. He is also fan friendly because he strives to keep the sport fun to watch. That said, he has been a real douche lately. It's like all his success has completely removed any sort of filter between his brain and mouth. Lorenzo needs to sit him down and straighten him out.

2/13/14 12:38 PM
JayF14
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White has been an intricate part of why the UFC is what it is today. But his schtick is getting old. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:41 PM
StrikingMMA
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern - I'm a bug Dana fan and supporter and always have been. Live the UFC and always have been in their corner. It seems weird though how Dana continues to attack his fighters repeatedly. I just don't get it. Usually I understand the stuff that Dana does in some kind of way but why have disgruntled fighters? This may be the first time I've not understood Dana. Phone Post

This is just a manipulation tactic by Dana. Use the media to shame fighters into doing what he wants.

The UFC is stretched so think they need guys to step up when they aren't ready. Yet when they do and don't perform well or lose then the UFC punishes them.

Dana is inheriting the backlash of what he has created.
2/13/14 12:41 PM
TheVandalz
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how people hate Dana for being great at exactly what he is told to do.

Stir shit up.
2/13/14 12:42 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RicGillespie - So Overroid wants to fight Brock Lesnar but when offered up JDS he is conveniently injured.... Seems like he just wants to pick the easiest fights and maximize his paydays. Can see how this would irritate a promoter, especially one that has invested a lot of $$ into him

C'mon, I see your start date. You're smarter than this, surely you've noticed a pattern?

GSP, AS, Jon Jones, Machida, Nate Diaz, Hendo, Shogun and Fedor (although the last example is a bit different), have all been, "afraid to fight," "hiding," or, "ducking," opponents at one time or another -- read, NEGOTIATING with Dana

Dana's adopted the stance of a four year old and whenever a fighter hesitates to accept a fight or tries to negotiate, he goes out publically and throws them under the fucking bus by insulting their manliness in a sad attempt to goade them into contract negotiations.

It's about as tried and true for BLAF as turning a fighter against their management -- as he's now trying to do with Melendez and we've seen him do time and time again to other fighters. I respect Dana and everything he's done, but that doesn't excuse the bullshit he's been doing recently. Start promoting your fighters and stop bullying them and trashing them

You were perfect for the sport and the UFC for many years, but the shtick is getting ridiculous

2/13/14 12:46 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana has been talking waaaay too much shit on his employees lately.

Not sure what his deal is... Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:50 PM
TopChute
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is an unprofessional motherfucker.
2/13/14 12:51 PM
jagen

Can't wait for Dana to say: "His management turned down the fight, they didn't give us a reason!"
2/13/14 12:55 PM
GROUNDnLB
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - he wants no part of this shit
QFT Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 1:00 PM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well one look at Overeem's record (reads like a list of MMA hall of famers) should tell you whether he's scared or not, but somehow I doubt that facts played into any part of Dana's statements of late. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 1:07 PM
TopGrinder

Dana is a bully plain and simple. He bullies fighters into doing what he wants. Reem is on vacation and just got done his fight. Ease up on the dude for fuck sakes.

Plus jds vs reem is a horrible matchup for reem. Reem will get blasted into possible retirement for a fight that he doesn't need to take. If there was a belt on the line reem would take it.

Bottom line I between the lines it's Dana that looks like the ass once again for his strong arm tactics. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.