UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Another fake waitress story? (IHOP)

2/13/14 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
1828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

So this pic is spreading around social media:

With the attached description:

My name is Jasmine Edwards i worked at ihop in Evansville indiana as you can see i got hurt at work.A lady hit me with a glass of milk and i had to get 8 stitches.My boss told me that it was fired and that my people didnt know how to act,I didnt do anything wrong customers even said that i handled the situation very well.Any way he fired me and another lady for standing up for me.This is not right and i ask that you Please Share-thanks

Then there is this article http://www.courierpress.com/news/2014/feb/03/police-thrown-glass-of-milk-breaks-injures-ihop/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

— An IHOP worker went to the hospital Sunday after a customer threw a glass of milk at her, according to an Evansville Police Department report.

That customer, 20-year-old Jazmine Bryson, was arrested and accused of battery causing serious bodily injury, a class C felony. The glass shattered when it struck the worker.

According to the police department affidavit, the 19-year-old victim, identified as Jasmine Edwards, told investigators that she and Bryson are acquaintances and that the pair have had “ongoing problems.” Edwards told police that Bryson came into the restaurant with the worker’s cousin on Sunday, and that Edwards went to talk to him.

Bryson asked the worker to leave, according to Edwards’ statement to police. As the worker turned away, Bryson reportedly threw a glass of milk at her. Edwards told police that the glass broke when it struck her face and the shattered glass cut her above the eye.

The incident happened at about 12:30 p.m., according to the report.

Edwards went to Deaconess Gateway Hospital. According to the affidavit, Edwards told police that the cut required stitches.

In an interview with investigators, Bryson admitted to throwing the glass. However, she told police that Edwards was the aggressor and that she was defending herself, according to the affidavit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is, does anyone think this story reeks of another "Woe is me, someone pay me" story that is big right now?  Perhaps I am just jaded since those stories ended up being bullshit, but something about this story makes me very skeptical.

Thoughts?

2/13/14 12:02 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that a sony Ericsson xperia arc s? I had one. Good phone Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:08 PM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/14 12:08 PM

No, there's no bigotry angle to play here.

People give money to someone they see as a symbol of some larger problem.

And, granted, bitches pitching leches is a problem, but not easily abstractable one.

2/13/14 12:11 PM
MountainMedic
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think she just wants her job back. Or an offer for another one. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:11 PM
easedel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still like to know what happened to that cunt that made the "nigger" receipt, the one that had 10,000 giving to her by some company when she was suspended. The one that blamed the white couple.

2/13/14 12:15 PM
Lux Fixxins

So what? Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:15 PM
DanielCaton

Seems like girl problems carried over to ihop instead of chucky cheese's. And no, I think its a real issue. Shitty ass boss should have protected his employee, now the company will pay a nice bit. Management failed here, not the girl.
2/13/14 12:16 PM
Evil Ash
1957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How could she get hit in the face with the glass when it states that she turned to walk away first? Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:18 PM
Mencken
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like two girls were keeping it real

2/13/14 12:18 PM
Evil Ash
1957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...both named Jasmine as well...

something shady is going on. I think they're the same person! Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:24 PM
cleetdog101
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willybone - 

No, there's no bigotry angle to play here.

People give money to someone they see as a symbol of some larger problem.

And, granted, bitches pitching leches is a problem, but not easily abstractable one.

Yeah, she's presenting ground work for a bigotry angle - ..."My boss told me that i was fired and that my people didnt know how to act"...

My people: waitresses or blacks.

2/13/14 12:30 PM
invalid
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It reeks of what almost all of social media is used for

Attention

2/13/14 12:44 PM
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
Don't bring your bullshit to work Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 12:46 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This particular IHOP has made multiple crazy shits going on with it over the years. Wouldnt surprise me one bit that this is true.

2/13/14 12:49 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Local IHOP hit in federal raid

— Federal agents descended on the IHOP restaurant on Burkhardt Road on Evansville’s East Side Tuesday morning as part of an investigation that involves seven IHOPs in Indiana and Ohio.

The reason for the raids wasn’t immediately clear, as the FBI declined to give details.

“The search warrant is under seal,” Special Agent Scott Wilson of the FBI Cleveland Division said, “so I can’t disclose the reasons why we’re searching.”

Wilson said the warrants are being executed at six restaurants in Ohio and the one in Evansville. Wilson said IHOPs near the Ohio cities of Toledo, Lima, Findlay and Perrysburg also were raided.

Wilson said agents from the Internal Revenue Services, the FBI, and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (the investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security) were involved. Wilson also said that he did not know if anyone had been detained.

He would not confirm or deny a broadcast media report that said the investigation is tied to “money laundering to terrorist groups in the Middle East,” but he said the information did not come from the FBI.

Patrick Lenow, director of corporate communications for DineEquity, parent company of IHOP and Applebee’s, said the company and franchise owner Terry Elks are cooperating.

“We have been told by authorities it does not involve terrorism,” he said.

Lenow said some of the affected restaurants have been cleared to reopen.

The Evansville restaurant, at 601 N. Burkhardt Road, was closed through Tuesday morning. FBI vehicles, Evansville Police Department squad cars and a U-Haul moving truck were outside.

Throughout the raid, agents took white cardboard boxes in and brought out at least seven with contents inside. They placed those boxes and what appeared to be computer hard drives into the U-Haul.

The Toledo Blade was reporting similar searches and seizures of documents at IHOPs in the Toledo area.

The Evansville restaurant reopened for business shortly after noon.

“We are open back in Evansville. We are sorry about all of this,” said Tarek Omar, the manager of the local IHOP.

Omar said he’s been manager for about seven years and nothing like this ever happened. He and other employees declined to answer questions about the raid.

The raid, only signified by a barricade and the U-Haul truck, didn’t seem to affect patrons’ willingness to eat there: A few dozen cars went around that barricade while the restaurant was down.

One woman, who declined to give her name, was the first customer after the raid didn’t appear to be bothered by it. When she was told that they would be open soon, she waited some 10 minutes.

“The waitresses are fun,” said Marvin Fulkerson, 74, of Henderson, Ky., who was in town with his wife, Pat, 73.

“It’s always been good service, and they’ve always gotten our order right.”

“They’ve got good food,” said James Wade, 73, who was with his wife Helga, also 73. He likes the omelets; she likes the Swedish crepes. “We’re disappointed,” James Wade said about the restaurant being closed when they came about noon.

The news of the FBI being there did appear to affect at least one person. She got out of her car unaware of the situation and got back inside her car when she heard the news.

It’s unclear if she ate there, but an apparent IHOP employee requested her business as she sat in the car, telling her about specials that the restaurant was having.

About 6 p.m., an IHOP employee said the store had normal business Tuesday, which was “Kids Eat Free Day.”

This is a developing story. Check back for more updates as they become available.

© 2011 Evansville Courier & Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2/13/14 12:59 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder

From Facebook- over 1000 likes & almost 2000 shares
I went to IHOP at 601 N. Burkhardt this evening & had the nastiest steak that Ive ever had! It tasted rotten & I mean rotten, it was horrible! So the waitress who was one of the best & friendliest waitresses that Ive ever had didn't charge me for it & I had lost my appetite so I didn't want anything else. Well the general manager (super cocky & arrogant) came out & told me that nothing in his restaurant is free. Then he finds my waitress & next thing I know is she is in tears. I ask why shes crying & he the general manager says "Since she told you that it was free then she has to pay for it" He treated her like shit! So long story short, I ended up paying full price for a meal that I took 1 bite of & was not even close to being edible, not even for my dog, so that she didn't have to pay out of pocket. I have never in my life dealt with such an unprofessional General manager! UNBELIEVABLE! I would highly recommend not spending your money at that specific IHOP!!!!!!!
2/13/14 2:05 PM
soonertodd
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evil Ash - How could she get hit in the face with the glass when it states that she turned to walk away first? Phone Post 3.0

This. she wasnt walking away. She went over there to start shit,she even said there was bad blood between them.When that bitch walked in she should have let her boss know and stayed in another area. I dont blame him for firing her.What if some customers had gotted hurt?

You bring your personal drama to work it can get your ass fired
2/13/14 2:09 PM
Jack Carter
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evil Ash - How could she get hit in the face with the glass when it states that she turned to walk away first? Phone Post 3.0

She could have looked back as the other girl was getting up to throw the glass

2/13/14 2:25 PM
Coconut Pete
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha this is awesome. I grew up just outside of Evansville.

So random that I clicked on this thread!! Phone Post
2/13/14 3:37 PM
RamK

I expect so much more out of IHOP...

...I'm so dissappointed
2/13/14 3:59 PM
Cookie Monster
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Huntington, WV
That's what happens when you keep it real at the IHOP. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 4:03 PM
Tiresias
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thus is why I cc a box of cookies. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 4:39 PM
PatK
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soonertodd - 

This. she wasnt walking away. She went over there to start shit,she even said there was bad blood between them.When that bitch walked in she should have let her boss know and stayed in another area. I dont blame him for firing her.What if some customers had gotted hurt?

You bring your personal drama to work it can get your ass fired

This.

And IHOP is the breakfast version of Chuck E Cheese.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.