UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mousasi: Machida not really a hard-hitting fighter

2/13/14 2:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Gegard Mousasi appeared recently on he told MMAjunkie Radio ahead of his fight Saturday night in the main event of UFC fight Night 36 vs. Lyoto Machida.

“I know what is on the line. I feel really good. I did the best training I could, so I’m not worried about anything," said Mousasi. "I didn’t miss anything. That’s why I’m confident.”

“I’m going to put pressure on him, but steady. I’m not going to run at him. I want to fight aggressive, but you need two people, and he does not want to play that game. So you can’t go trying to be the aggressive guy, because that’s what he wants.

“I’m going to go forward, because you don’t want to make him feel comfortable. I’m not going to go backward, that’s for sure.”

“He’s a dangerous opponent; he can finish fights. But he’s not really a hard-hitting fighter. If you don’t do anything stupid, he’s not going to be able to knock you out.”

“I’m planning on fighting smart. I’ve never been knocked out. I’m going to try, but I don’t look for it. If it comes, it comes. But I’m going to fight smart.”

Read entire article...

2/13/14 2:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Bader and Mark Munoz would disagree. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 2:38 PM
GarlicSenior

Seems like a kinda dumb thing to say about a guy before you fight him. Especially one with a resume like Machida's.
2/13/14 2:40 PM
1a1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everything he said is accurate and he said it tastefully.
2/13/14 2:47 PM
Harmon Whistler
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - Ryan Bader and Mark Munoz would disagree. Phone Post 3.0

Bader ran at him with his hands down and Munoz tried blocking a kick with one arm.. Those would fall under the "if you don't do anything stupid" category.
2/13/14 2:48 PM
None So Blind
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - Ryan Bader and Mark Munoz would disagree. Phone Post 3.0

I took it more as he thinks Machida doesn't simply brutally clobber people with overwhelming power, it's that he has phenomenal timing and is thus able to KTFO guys by hitting them when they're most vulnerable (in mid-swing or mid-step, e.g.).

Harmon Whistler -

Bader ran at him with his hands down and Munoz tried blocking a kick with one arm.. Those would fall under the "if you don't do anything stupid" category.
Lmao voted down Phone Post 3.0
The Mouth

He recently took on a strength coach for the first time in his career.

Machida hits and kicks twice as hard as before.  Ask anyone in the gym.

2/13/14 2:52 PM

The Mouth -

He recently took on a strength coach for the first time in his career.

Machida hits and kicks twice as hard as before.  Ask anyone in the gym.

This. Machida will finish him. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 2:52 PM
Aaron Becker

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - 
Harmon Whistler -

real bitches take pride in voting people down
2/13/14 2:53 PM
Musashi
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for this fight. I'm nervous for both of these guys. Two of my favorites.
2/13/14 2:57 PM
None So Blind
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Musashi - I can't wait for this fight. I'm nervous for both of these guys. Two of my favorites.

This.

I really like both guys, rooting for a great and exciting match.

(and praying that it's not a repeat of Severn-Shamrock due to neither one wanting to commit to going forward)
2/13/14 2:59 PM

Aaron Becker -
Harmon Whistler -

real bitches take pride in voting people down
Tito Ortiz's ribs would also say otherwise. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:00 PM
Jesus Cannons
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get ready for Super Saiyan Lyoto come Saturday night. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:04 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Accuracy and speed>Punching power.

2/13/14 3:11 PM
Harmon Whistler
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harmon Whistler -

Oh no, not that.

You didn't read the OP and just posted a snarky comment based on the thread title. What I wrote is true.
2/13/14 3:18 PM
DonDon11
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of a dumb thing to say about someone you have never fought.

I wasn't sure who to pull for in this fight but now I hope Machida turns his lights out. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:35 PM
IronWill

Gegard is twice the kickboxer Shigun is and I could see him landing on Machida often. I think people are really underselling Moose, this is a pickem, as close as it gets. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:36 PM

Harmon Whistler -
Harmon Whistler -

Oh no, not that.

You didn't read the OP and just posted a snarky comment based on the thread title. What I wrote is true.
Oh no I read it, but he's wrong. And so are yiu Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:36 PM
IronWill

Harmon Whistler -
Harmon Whistler -

Oh no, not that.

VD returned to Slade.. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:42 PM
The Acorn
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSenior - Seems like a kinda dumb thing to say about a guy before you fight him. Especially one with a resume like Machida's.
Moose don't give a fuck what people think. He gonna fight with a well executed gameplan no matter what. He just telling it how he sees it. Phone Post 3.0
2/13/14 3:43 PM
Harmon Whistler

Edited: 02/13/14 3:44 PM
2/13/14 3:56 PM
Gin Tonic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of Moose, but I think it's tough to gauge someone's power without feeling it first hand.

2/13/14 3:56 PM
Gin Tonic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of Moose, but I think it's tough to gauge someone's power without feeling it first hand.

2/13/14 4:00 PM
zazen br

"If you don't do anything stupid you're not getting knocked out"...

I called it right away, but the more and more I read about this fight and what either guy is saying, the more I'm convinced that this will be the snoozefest of the ages.

Prepare for a cringeworthy 5-round staring competition, where absolutely nothing happens and everybody loses 25 minutes of their lifes.

I don't hate either guy and in fact I love Lyoto as a person and as a fighter, but "styles make fights" as they say, and that's exactly why this fight is gonna probably suck then thousand dicks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.