2/15/14 10:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GNP4LIFE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I better have or it's your ass
2/15/14 10:56 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/15/14 11:04 AM
pegson123

Nom Phone Post
2/15/14 11:06 AM
hendofanforlife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winter is coming

2/15/14 11:09 AM
1800champagne

kalt - If Gil goes to bellator i'm done with the UFC out of principle.
No, no you're not. Phone Post 3.0
2/15/14 11:12 AM
Morpheus1976

Rhasaan Orange - You heard it here first

source?
2/15/14 11:13 AM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If so, I wonder if fan outrage played a part or Lorenzo came to his senses.
2/15/14 11:14 AM
shaqitup
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morpheus1976 - 
Rhasaan Orange - You heard it here first

source?

i think it's a prediction, he's just too dumb to clarify.

that's what i think "you heard it here first means", it's like that douche on the OG going on about his investing advice.

"you heard it here first i called the housing collapse in 2002"
2/15/14 11:14 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/15/14 11:31 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow Phone Post 3.0
2/15/14 11:37 AM
Malvert the Janitor
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
2/15/14 11:47 AM
FreeVNasty

I doubt it. The problem with Melendez and the UFC is that it's about money. if the UFC were going to pay Melendez what Bellator offered, then Melendez wouldn't agree to Bellator's offer. People really don't grasp what actually happened in the Alvarez situation, so they have no idea what matching rights are. They just assume that a company can tie up a guy for months on end because they don't know things.

If the UFC matches the offer made by Bellator, then Melendez has to resign with the UFC, but i doubt that happens, because this problem arose because the UFC doesn't want to pay Melendez what Melendez's manager is asking for.
2/15/14 11:50 AM
jagen

FreeVNasty - I doubt it. The problem with Melendez and the UFC is that it's about money. if the UFC were going to pay Melendez what Bellator offered, then Melendez wouldn't agree to Bellator's offer. People really don't grasp what actually happened in the Alvarez situation, so they have no idea what matching rights are. They just assume that a company can tie up a guy for months on end because they don't know things.

If the UFC matches the offer made by Bellator, then Melendez has to resign with the UFC, but i doubt that happens, because this problem arose because the UFC doesn't want to pay Melendez what Melendez's manager is asking for.

You don't think it was at all possible that Zuffa/UFC/Joe Silva was using the 'go see what bellator offers' as bargaining power? Maybe Joe Silva/Zuffa didn't realize how big this would blow up, especially after Dana's little meltdown.
2/15/14 11:50 AM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreeVNasty - I doubt it. The problem with Melendez and the UFC is that it's about money. if the UFC were going to pay Melendez what Bellator offered, then Melendez wouldn't agree to Bellator's offer. People really don't grasp what actually happened in the Alvarez situation, so they have no idea what matching rights are. They just assume that a company can tie up a guy for months on end because they don't know things.

From what I've heard gilly is a free agent, no strings attached because of his strike force contract. Alvarez had a matching contract provision Phone Post 3.0
2/15/14 11:51 AM
I Wild Each It
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it will happen. Dana is stubborn as a mule.
2/15/14 11:54 AM
jagen

TheCrow13 - 
FreeVNasty - I doubt it. The problem with Melendez and the UFC is that it's about money. if the UFC were going to pay Melendez what Bellator offered, then Melendez wouldn't agree to Bellator's offer. People really don't grasp what actually happened in the Alvarez situation, so they have no idea what matching rights are. They just assume that a company can tie up a guy for months on end because they don't know things.

From what I've heard gilly is a free agent, no strings attached because of his strike force contract. Alvarez had a matching contract provision Phone Post 3.0

Incorrect, Gil himself has said via twitter and other media outlets that the UFC has the right to match.
2/15/14 11:57 AM
FreeVNasty

TheCrow13 - 

Free agent means that he technically isn't contracted by anyone. He isn't part of the UFC currently, but there is a period where if someone tries to offer Melendez a contract, the UFC has the option to match it. Alvarez was a free agent, but Bellator could match an offer, and they did, but Alvarez said that it wasn't matched and tried to deny the contract from Bellator, so they sued him for breach of contract.

I don't care where Melendez goes, i'm going to watch him regardless, but i would rather him be in Bellator because there needs to be a physical example of a top tier fighter leaving the UFC and being able to be paid somewhere else, and Melendez is the number 2 lightweight in the world who is one of the ATG Lightweights and has been in the top 10 for the last 8 years, and top 5 for 5 of those years.
GOKUJITSU
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never doubt renatch Phone Post 3.0
crowbar
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/15/14 12:11 PM
MMALOGIC

Zuffa doesnt have to match exactly... they just have to come to an agreement.  DId bellator match UFC's offer sheet?  no... they pretended to at first but then just settled on a different deal.

Melendez would be crazy to take bellators deal if Zuffa comes anywhere close... there's no upside in bellator.  in the UFC you could make over a million per fight.

2/15/14 12:16 PM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh, I could see Dana and co. sticking it to Melendez and letting him go, just to say "told ya so" when PPVs don't materialize and he's stuck in a bad contract.
2/15/14 12:16 PM
jagen

MMALOGIC - 

Zuffa doesnt have to match exactly... they just have to come to an agreement.  DId bellator match UFC's offer sheet?  no... they pretended to at first but then just settled on a different deal.

Melendez would be crazy to take bellators deal if Zuffa comes anywhere close... there's no upside in bellator.  in the UFC you could make over a million per fight.

Maybe PPV points is exactly where the dispute was. I don't see Zuffa offering to pay Gil 1 mill per fight, not even close.
2/15/14 12:18 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/15/14 12:17 PM
jagen - 
MMALOGIC - 

Maybe PPV points is exactly where the dispute was. I don't see Zuffa offering to pay Gil 1 mill per fight, not even close.

Why would Zuffa pay him 1m per fight?  you think bellator is offering him 1m per fight?  all they have to do is come to terms that they both agree on. If they dont then they dont.

2/15/14 12:19 PM
jagen

Gullivers Travels - Eh, I could see Dana and co. sticking it to Melendez and letting him go, just to say "told ya so" when PPVs don't materialize and he's stuck in a bad contract.

On the contrary, Melendez has stated the contract is good. And who sais Zuffa was offering PPV points to Melendez?

""As soon as I was a free agent, I had my team call Bellator, and Bjorn made an amazing offer that would allow me to reach my goals,""

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.