UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC: We've lost 'millions and millions' to piracy

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/18/14 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pancake Syrup Ali
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't make every 9 out of 10 cards shit and maybe less people will stream. It's 2014. You're not going to stop streams anymore. Maybe 1 here and there but you can't stop the internet. The quicker they figure it out the better

2/18/14 1:04 AM
forumnewb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Illidan - 
sockeye - UFC is the only sport you'll go broke watching
This. Phone Post

2/18/14 1:06 AM
Anthomis

vaginal tear - You've made millions and millions off shitty cards. I call it even. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:07 AM
MahatmaPetey
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you saw Dana choking on a dick, would you give him the heimlich? Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:13 AM
PoiuPoiu
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blame the Europeans, Asians, and Latinos. UFC is free in those countries
2/18/14 1:13 AM
Jeon Sa
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't this the same approach Tower Records tried... Where are they now? Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:17 AM
deframon

they need to fix fight pass. WWE never goes after anyone they don't give a fuck bet you they make way more than than the UFC. any wrestling match you want you can see it on youtube right now. i dont see them Make any of them down. HBO and showtime too plenty of their fights are on youtube we we know HBO and SHOWTIME make more money than the UFC. i bet you its even a tax write to get pirated like a store when it gets shop lifted
2/18/14 1:18 AM
huggy bear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone in this thread is saying exactly what I was thinking. Most people I know are casual fans that only know Rousey,silva and GSP and they don't pay they go to DnB or wild wings to watch. If they want hardcores to stop streaming they need to make these ppv more stacked to justify the price tag. Take this card for example I only wanna see McDonald vs Mia not paying 60 for that. Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:19 AM
Vincanni
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only money they've lost to piracy is own to their own retardation. No one streaming the events would actually pay for them normally. In fighting piracy they're wasting legal money to fight exposure to their sport for people who might one day become paying customers.
2/18/14 1:21 AM
YaoMingia

rkm456 - Someone the other day had an idea to make the cards available by the match. That was a very, very good idea.

Thanks, Nobody responded to my thread but I'll copy n paste my idea here..(This was before they made DC vs. Cummings)

It's obvious that the UFC is watering down their cards and the fans, including myself, don't think it's fair to pay
$50-60 if there's only 1-2 fights that you actually care to see. Would it be possible to pay-per-fight? For example, UFC 170. This card was weak to begin with and now with the DC/Rashad being scrapped, how many people plan on paying for this event? Would you pay for it at a lesser price to watch only Rousey/McMann and Maia/MacDonald? Here's an example of a possible pay structure using the UFC 171 main card

Jake Shields/Hector Lombard - $10
Diego Sanchez/Myles Jury - $10
Tyron Woodley/Carlos Condit - $15 (co-main event)
Robbie Lawler/Johny Hendricks - $20 (main event)

Give the fighters a bonus if their fight reaches a certain number of buys..I believe there's a bunch of non-champions that deserve ppv points because they're a draw and always put on a show
2/18/14 1:23 AM
deframon

the ufc is trying to commit suicide in every way possible. all they need to do now is get rid off face the pain as the theme song and they lost me as a fan
2/18/14 1:26 AM
UFC151

U can tell which are Dana's ideas just by how stupid they are. Fertita can only shake his head and ask himself why he didn't run the UFC from the beginning. Cause if BLAF can do it, than any one with half a brain could it.
2/18/14 1:27 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at making people sign a confidentiality agreement. Anyone here who gets threaten should gives us a play by play and not let them used these shady practices.
2/18/14 1:33 AM
spjackson77

Love the south park episode on downloading music

Detective - "This is the home of Lars Ulrich, the drummer for Metallica. Look. There's Lars now, sitting by his pool.

kyle - "whats the matter with him?"

detective - "This month he was hoping to have a gold-plated shark tank bar installed right next to the pool, but thanks to people downloading his music for free, he must now wait a few months before he can afford it. Come. There's more. Here's Britney Spears' private jet. Notice anything? Britney used to have a Gulfstream IV. Now she's had to sell it and get a Gulfstream III because people like you chose to download her music for free. The Gulfstream III doesn't even have a remote control for its surround-sound DVD system. Still think downloading music for free is no big deal?"
2/18/14 1:33 AM
CaptainAhab
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/14 1:33 AM
I'm sure the UFC is paying smart people with degrees in smart things to figure out the optimal model to maximize profits for them.They decided that offering a 60 PPV every month is the way to go.

They know damn well that this scheme is going to leave a lot of people out in the cold. If that doesn't bother them, then pirating doesn't bother me.
2/18/14 1:41 AM
huggy bear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YaoMingia -
rkm456 - Someone the other day had an idea to make the cards available by the match. That was a very, very good idea.

Thanks, Nobody responded to my thread but I'll copy n paste my idea here..(This was before they made DC vs. Cummings)

It's obvious that the UFC is watering down their cards and the fans, including myself, don't think it's fair to pay
$50-60 if there's only 1-2 fights that you actually care to see. Would it be possible to pay-per-fight? For example, UFC 170. This card was weak to begin with and now with the DC/Rashad being scrapped, how many people plan on paying for this event? Would you pay for it at a lesser price to watch only Rousey/McMann and Maia/MacDonald? Here's an example of a possible pay structure using the UFC 171 main card

Give the fighters a bonus if their fight reaches a certain number of buys..I believe there's a bunch of non-champions that deserve ppv points because they're a draw and always put on a show
I would be for this model 100% but the UFC would lose a lot of money so it won't ever happen Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:42 AM
RyannVonDoom

spjackson77 - Love the south park episode on downloading music

Detective - "This is the home of Lars Ulrich, the drummer for Metallica. Look. There's Lars now, sitting by his pool.

kyle - "whats the matter with him?"

detective - "This month he was hoping to have a gold-plated shark tank bar installed right next to the pool, but thanks to people downloading his music for free, he must now wait a few months before he can afford it. Come. There's more. Here's Britney Spears' private jet. Notice anything? Britney used to have a Gulfstream IV. Now she's had to sell it and get a Gulfstream III because people like you chose to download her music for free. The Gulfstream III doesn't even have a remote control for its surround-sound DVD system. Still think downloading music for free is no big deal?"
Fucking thank you. This is exactly what i was thinking when i saw this thread.

And of the theoretical millions, how much would have gone to the fighters? I'm betting zero. Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:47 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

forumnewb -
Illidan - 
sockeye - UFC is the only sport you'll go broke watching
This. Phone Post

That Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:48 AM
sockeye
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:49 AM
rkm456
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YaoMingia - 

You know what? Seeing it laid out like that makes me reconsider my support of your idea, lol. The most I'd pay for a single fight would be about 10 bucks, just because there is no guarantee you're going to get an entertaining fight.

Think how pissed you'd be if you paid 20 bucks for a fight and it lasted 20 seconds. There's just no guarantee you're going to get anything that resembles your moneys worth on a fight. I'd still like to see the idea explored though.
2/18/14 1:50 AM
JimmersonzGlove
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YaoMingia - 

How do you propose they do this time-wise? If you order the DC fight this weekend, is your screen blacked out and then it pops on when the fight happens then goes back to black?

This makes no sense unless its an on-demand thing available immeidiately after the fight happens.

2/18/14 1:51 AM
WrestlingSucks
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why ppv's should be a part of the UFC Pass. Make it $12 a month with all the ppvs included plus library.
2/18/14 1:53 AM
Pablo Duke
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz - The cards usually aren't interesting enough to even pirate these days
And Also this... Phone Post 3.0
2/18/14 1:54 AM
whitesun
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoiuPoiu - blame the Europeans, Asians, and Latinos. UFC is free in those countries

Free in Europe? Really? I dont think so, i have been paying full price for every ppv, not even a discount up until now. It is only free in market like Germany where they have interest in. People over the Europe stopped paying for PPVs if theres full price they have to pay for and germans get it for free. Almost all that i know of switched to torrents because of that.

And they get the event uploaded 1 hour after it is finished, for free, in early morning hours, and they can still get normal sleep, not waking up at like 3am at night just to watch the event. Personally i ve bought around 50+ ppvs for full price, got up at 3am watching the events, but not anymore, after ufc 169. Not even getting a discounted price for an event that is free in Germany (where they have the event for free) which is like 200 miles away from where i am at, feels stupid.
I even emailed ufc support about it few times, and they said they had nothing to do with the price discrepancy in EU. Then who does.. Lol. Just showed how ignorant they are and unwilling to hear the fans out. Noe i am not paying anymore since ufc 169. So, briefely, thats what is going on in some EU countries :)
2/18/14 1:55 AM
RyannVonDoom

WrestlingSucks - This is why ppv's should be a part of the UFC Pass. Make it $12 a month with all the ppvs included plus library.
They'll be ripping off the wwe network even more and doing it far more terribly. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.