UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The ways Rousey aspires to be like Mayweather

2/20/14 12:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is the most controversial figure in mixed martial arts. WBC welterweight champion, WBA super welterweight champion, WBC Super welterweight champion, WBC diamond super welterweight belt recipient, and current Ring #1 ranked welterweight, and Ring #1 ranked junior middleweight Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is the most controversial figure in boxing.

During a recent media event, Rousey said she is learning some things from Mayweather.

"My coach definitely cites Floyd Mayweather all the time, said Rousey. "He does believe that he's the best boxer out there right now, and I agree with him. I was kind of sad before, that he was so against MMA, But now he's managing MMA fighters, so I was like 'yaaay!'

“He is someone I aspire to be very much like in a business sense. And I try to take every lesson that I can... My coach definitely tries to throw some stylistic things my way that he also learned from him.”

Mayweather has a carefully crafted public persona, "Money" Mayweather, that assumed when "Pretty Boy Floyd" Mayweather did not go over fully with the fans. In Rousey's case it is not an act so much as someone who really does not give a damn about her reputation, and a media that consistently picks focuses on Rousey flipping someone off, rather than for example that fact that her Free Rice campaign has fed tens of thousands of hungry people.

2/20/14 1:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this was going to be a thread about pigment replacement therapy.

2/20/14 1:28 PM
twodragunns
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/14 1:31 PM

Is this rhondarousey.com? The first 7 threads on this mma site are all about this selfish female fighter who is so full of herself it's sickening and she's hated by the masses ...... cmon UG! Putting a limit on Honda threads would be both enjoyable and appropriate.

2/20/14 1:34 PM
Josheo

"UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is the most controversial figure in mixed martial arts."

Oh, I dunno. Fallon Fox. Vitor Belfort. cristiane santos. Dana White. Lloyd Irvin. War Machine. "Mayhem." Diaz brothers. And on. There are a lot of "controversial" figures in MMA. Not sure Rousey qualifies as chief among them.
2/20/14 1:37 PM
Dead President
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - Jesus

Fucking

Christ

Kirik

What

Are

You

Trying

To

Do

To

Us Phone Post 3.0
This. thank god for JBJ or she would be the most hated person in MMA Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 1:47 PM
JBax1991
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder who Ronda thinks the Houston Texans should take with the first overall pick. Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 1:51 PM
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBax1991 - I wonder who Ronda thinks the Houston Texans should take with the first overall pick. Phone Post 3.0
Wonder what Rhonda had for dinner this week? Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 1:53 PM
PrettyBoy
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - Jesus

Fucking

Christ

Kirik

What

Are

You

Trying

To

Do

To

Us Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 1:54 PM
buvaiser

She already has better standup than his.
2/20/14 2:15 PM
Nick Diaz Fan

cant wait until she loses!!

Mcmann please win! Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 2:17 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner wanted to be like Floyd to... Phone Post 3.0
2/20/14 2:23 PM
MachidaRustledMyJimmiez
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

make

it

stop

plz?

2/20/14 2:35 PM
Boyd Crowder's Hair
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG Blog is really starting to get to me. VTFD!
2/20/14 3:19 PM
DaddyRich
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's see, Floyd controls every aspect of his business, image, and promotion. Ronda, you work for the UFC. Good luck.
2/20/14 3:25 PM
Tolstolobic

Why you doing this to us??? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.