UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MacDonald: Avocado almost made me miss UFC 170

2/23/14 10:44 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rory MacDonald over came a tough first round versus Demian Maia to earn a decision victory at UFC 170, but it was a battle with an avocado that almost caused him to withdraw from the fight:

He said he nearly had to pull out of the fight when he cut himself while trying to slice the famous green fruit.

“I stabbed myself. It was pretty embarrassing,” MacDonald said at the post-event news conference following his win at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. “I couldn’t believe it. I thought I was going to have to pull out of the fight because you could easily hit a tendon. I went to the emergency room, got stitched up, got checked out. Everything’s fine and intact. It went in really far. But it got stitched up, I fought, and everything’s cool.”

read entire article...

MacDonald later posted this picture to Instagram:

2/23/14 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jragg32
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fat ass Phone Post 3.0
2/23/14 10:47 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avocado is a remedy for acne, we see you Rory. Phone Post 3.0
2/24/14 12:00 AM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always use a sharp knife, and cut away from the hand, Rory. Away from the hand.
2/24/14 1:37 AM
cdmontgo
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't cut away from the hand when halving an avocado. The lesson to learn here is clearly that avocados are too dangerous.
2/24/14 1:38 AM
ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdmontgo - You can't cut away from the hand when halving an avocado. The lesson to learn here is clearly that avocados are too dangerous.
Ban avocados! Phone Post 3.0
2/24/14 1:48 AM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - Always use a sharp knife, and cut away from the hand, Rory. Away from the hand.

I think this is what he was referring to as "bad technique" in the post presser.
2/24/14 1:48 AM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdmontgo - You can't cut away from the hand when halving an avocado. The lesson to learn here is clearly that avocados are too dangerous.

this
2/24/14 2:09 AM
Happiness Bunny
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sink the blade in and rotate the avocado on the still blade.
2/24/14 12:49 PM
GenericAmerican
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/14 1:22 PM
I did this once. I was using the same kind of small knife, tried to lightly stab the pit/seed to pluck it out, but the seed had a hollow gap in the middle, so the knife went right through with no resistance.

It's a good avocado technique, you just need to use a bigger knife and hit the seed with the flat part of the knife, not the point.
2/24/14 1:00 PM
Glovegate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody "needs" an avocado that big.

BAN ASSAULT AVOCADOS!
2/24/14 1:24 PM
GenericAmerican
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is an educational video on the proper avocado technique. He was attempting this, but with the point of a small knife, which was his downfall.

http://youtu.be/OiffKal7Iho
2/24/14 2:01 PM
Osbot

cdmontgo - You can't cut away from the hand when halving an avocado. The lesson to learn here is clearly that avocados are too dangerous.

You must have issues.

The proper way to half fruit with a pit is to cut into the fruit with the blade pushed up to the pit, and then to use your hand to ROTATE the fruit until you halve it. This works for fruit without a pit as well.

Why was Rory going shining on that avacado I mean who the fuck impales their fruit to halve it.

God damned newbies!
2/24/14 2:25 PM
MagSlim

Posts blood, a knife axe murdering an avacado and a death stare face on Instagram.

Wonders why people think he's a little creepy.
2/24/14 2:36 PM
Nicholas Kage
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avocado via doctor stoppage Phone Post 3.0
2/24/14 2:54 PM
Uchi
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the avocado pitting critiques are cracking me up.

Have a good friend who did the exact same thing to her hand and its amazing to me how many people seem to do this.
2/24/14 2:59 PM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how the fuck?

I eat a a lot of avocado and, well, you almost have to try to hurt yourself i think.
2/24/14 3:12 PM
MDubz

He posted a picture if the whole thing on twitter lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.