UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 170 prelims does 936k viewers

2/25/14 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1071 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/14 11:31 AM

Jason Cruz@dilletaunt15 mins

According to Nielsen sources, prelims do 936,000 viewers.

Changed to FS1 around UFC 164.

2/25/14 11:10 AM
Pat Giles
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this good? Seems good to me. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 11:16 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terrible IMO, but wtf do I know? I'm Canadian.

2/25/14 11:17 AM
SlickRick01
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles - Is this good? Seems good to me. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on perspective. For Zuffa I'm sure that like to get back to the 1.4 million average viewership range for a lot of their shows. However, for Fox Sports 1 it's unquestionably good. Until NASCAR's big week they had been averaging around 150,000 viewers in primetime. Like we've discussed on here before, it will take years to build Fox Sports 1. NASCAR, MLB, the UFC and college football will have to do the heavy lifting.
2/25/14 11:19 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/14 11:20 AM

This is now the 6th consecutive UFC event on a saturday fs1 primetime slot that has averaged around a million viewers or more:

UFC170 prelims: 936k

UFN 36: 1.4m

UFC 169 prelim: 933k viewers

UFC 168 prelim: 1.55m

Tuf 18 finale: 1.12m

UFC 167 prelims:1m

This is just what the doctor ordered.  Still need around another 30% but this is an awesome baseline for now.  To be able to pull 900k viewers on a network like fs1 is remarkable. 

Gay Bro Hugs for everyone today...

2/25/14 11:24 AM
epwar
597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love MMALOGIC moving the goal posts from "I see a 2 million average soon" to "I think averaging less than a million is fantastic!"

2/25/14 11:34 AM
AdmiralCackbar
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if a lot of those viewers were like me. There was no chance of me ordering that PPV, but I'm not going to turn down the free fights that are on before. I watched those, then checked the PPV results on mmajunkie.
2/25/14 11:36 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/25/14 11:41 AM
epwar - 

Gotta love MMALOGIC moving the goal posts from "I see a 2 million average soon" to "I think averaging less than a million is fantastic!"

baby steps my love... let's just enjoy this moment together.

2/25/14 11:37 AM
Chris27

Good to see the numbers starting to climb from where they were when they started.  Starting to get the prelims to a million each show or more for the bigger ones, the fight nights on Sat doing well, might see more and more Sat shows and less Wed shows.

2/25/14 11:41 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/25/14 11:47 AM
Chris27 - 

Good to see the numbers starting to climb from where they were when they started.  Starting to get the prelims to a million each show or more for the bigger ones, the fight nights on Sat doing well, might see more and more Sat shows and less Wed shows.

besides lead ins for the tuf premieres fox has let go of the wednesday night shenanigans.  All the fight nights are scheduled for saturday nights except for the tuf premiere lead ins and some sunday test runs.

2/25/14 11:45 AM
epwar
597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

From where they started?  UFC debuted on FS1 with nearly 1.8 million viewers and it's been all downhill from there.

2/25/14 12:01 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to what I've said, UFC needs fewer shows Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 12:05 PM
epwar

Just for comparison, here is how MMALOGIC posted when Bellator averaged 1.1 million viewers.
1.1m... Congrats on reaching cops rerun numbers. and a little over half of what ufc fight nights used to pull on spike. Kenny Florian vs Gomi peaked at 2.5m.

Now with UFC averaging less than that, it is "gay bro hugs all around" (which in itself is odd).
2/25/14 12:07 PM
FOTN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's with all the horribly misleading graphs getting posted on this forum these days?

This one is labeled as 'UFC On FS 1 Prelims', yet it mostly consists of prelims that aired on FX dating as far back as January of 2012!
2/25/14 12:09 PM
Right Hand JO Power
1038 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - Just for comparison, here is how MMALOGIC posted when Bellator averaged 1.1 million viewers.
1.1m... Congrats on reaching cops rerun numbers. and a little over half of what ufc fight nights used to pull on spike. Kenny Florian vs Gomi peaked at 2.5m.

Now with UFC averaging less than that, it is "gay bro hugs all around" (which in itself is odd).
Haha, what an asshole. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 12:10 PM
steve sandstrom
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doback M3 -

lol @ thinking ppl watching free fights on tv translates into them spending $60 on a watered down shit card. 

Nobody thought that. Just one dumbass. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 12:16 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 02/25/14 12:19 PM
epwar - Just for comparison, here is how MMALOGIC posted when Bellator averaged 1.1 million viewers.

it's different when you pull a million viewers on a network that averages 150k (fs1) compared to a network that averages 850k (spike).  Ive long said bellator needs to be averaging a million to survive on spike.   They are averaging 672k which is 20% below the network primetime average. 

Bellators biggest event ever with 3 title fights averaged 1.08m on spike... you expect bro hugs for this?  

Well today is your special day because you get a belated one even though it doesnt deserve one... bring it in for the real thing:

2/25/14 12:18 PM
epwar

Edited: 02/25/14 12:19 PM
MMALOGIC - 
epwar - Just for comparison, here is how MMALOGIC posted when Bellator averaged 1.1 million viewers.

it's different when you pull a million viewers on a network that averages 150k (fs1) compared to a network that averages 850k (spike).  Ive long said bellator needs to be averaging a million to survive on spike.   They are averaging 672k which is 20% below the network primetime average. 

Bellators biggest event ever with 3 title fights averaged 1.08m on spike... you expect bro hugs for this?  

Well today is a special day because you get belated one even though it doesnt deserve one... bring it in for the real thing:

Shouldn't a brand as deeply as established as the UFC be doing better on FS1?

2/25/14 12:19 PM
Se7enout

Edited: 02/25/14 12:20 PM
epwar - 
Chris27 - 

From where they started?  UFC debuted on FS1 with nearly 1.8 million viewers and it's been all downhill from there.

Ohhhh you mean the most stacked free fight card ufc has ever put together? Yeah that did do big numbers... Who would have thought?

how do you people still not get it? 

Station a: prime time average 150k

Station b: prime time average 850k

station a: MMA pulls average of 700k = bad! Had that program not run station a would have had more viewers thus more advertising dollars. But instead people turned the channel and the average dropped.

station b: pulling an average of anything over 400k just doubled the station average! Meaning... Yep you guessed it people tuned in just for that event.

station a: pulls 1.1m (that promotions ceiling) still hasn't reached the station average.

just to clear things up, Spike is station a and fs1 is station b.

2/25/14 12:21 PM
Hammerstein
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

Are you not seeing the linear trend line?  The one that goes down?  That doesn't indicate anything getting better.

2/25/14 12:23 PM
epwar

Se7enout - 
epwar - 
Chris27 - 

Ohhhh you mean the most stacked free fight card ufc has ever put together? Yeah that did do big numbers... Who would have thought?

how do you people still not get it? 

Station a: prime time average 150k

Station b: prime time average 850k

station a: MMA pulls average of 700k = bad! Had that program not run station a would have had more viewers thus more advertising dollars. But instead people turned the channel and the average dropped.

station b: pulling an average of anything over 400k just doubled the station average! Meaning... Yep you guessed it people tuned in just for that event.

station a: pulls 1.1m (that promotions ceiling) still hasn't reached the station average.

just to clear things up, Spike is station a and fs1 is station b.

do your arms ever get tired from moving the goal posts so much?

2/25/14 12:24 PM
MMALOGIC

epwar - 
MMALOGIC - 

Well today is a special day because you get belated one even though it doesnt deserve one... bring it in for the real thing:

shhhhhh, let's just do... this:

2/25/14 12:24 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
MMALOGIC - 

But Spike claimed to be the reason why the UFC is where they are today. So...... Yeah. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 12:27 PM
MMALOGIC

Hammerstein - 
Chris27 - 

Are you not seeing the linear trend line?  The one that goes down?  That doesn't indicate anything getting better.

You do realize that around half of the data in that graph are from FX ppv prelims right?  if he just graphed the ppv prelims on fs1 (like the title of the graph suggests) the trend line would be up.

2/25/14 12:27 PM
BlueWrapper
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdmiralCackbar - I wonder if a lot of those viewers were like me. There was no chance of me ordering that PPV, but I'm not going to turn down the free fights that are on before. I watched those, then checked the PPV results on mmajunkie.
I only watched the prelims. Didn't even go to the bar to watch this one. Only other one I've completely skipped was Bones vs Chael. Just wasn't interested in paying anything for this one. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.