UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Fight Pass on the verge of tripling viewers

2/25/14 2:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/with-official-launch-this-week-ufc-bullish-on-new-fight-pass-digital-network/

“When we built our business model for this we looked at our numbers on Facebook, we looked at our numbers that were watching free prelims, we looked at the number of people that would come to the UFC.tv world and transact with a pay-per-view or an a la carte video, and we kind of put all that together and came up with numbers we thought were reasonable and justifiable to rely on,” Zelaznik said. “We’ve more than doubled it, and we’re coming up on the verge of tripling it.”

“For me, the trick is not only converting all these free subscribers to pay subscribers, it’s giving them content that will also keep them there,” Zelaznik said.

“There’s always an evolution of any of these digital offerings; look at what Netflix was in the beginning, or how HBO GO has morphed,” Zelaznik said. “But we believe the service is, even at this early stage, a vibrant, viable product that people will enjoy. We also know we’re going to work hard to continue to update and advance the user interface so that it becomes maybe a little more of a rich experience.”

"This is really just a way to get our content into the hands of our fans. Fight Pass is allowing the UFC to deliver more fights than it would otherwise deliver.”

2/25/14 2:08 PM
Gfropr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should do a deal where if u have fight pass say 6 months you get a free PPV. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 2:08 PM
Team GDP
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not really. he is saying they doubled and have almost tripled the estimate they made.

2/25/14 2:10 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it. A few of my friends that came over for 170 all signed up for fight pass Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 2:11 PM
BrattMamley
1250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub

2/25/14 2:14 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't subscribed yet. Until something unmissable comes on I won't be subscribing.

The egg of greed can get fucked! Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 2:14 PM
hendofanforlife
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That reminds me. 

2/25/14 2:15 PM
MMALOGIC

the funny thing is more people are watching facebook prelims now that it's behind a paywall than when it was free.

2/25/14 2:16 PM
dabigchet

there was the initial group that automatically had fight pass accounts because of previous UFC.tv purchases.

they have doubled or tripled since then during a period where subscription is free. anyone should expect that.

the question isn't who signed up now, it's who is sticking around after 3/1....
2/25/14 2:18 PM
TheCrow13
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where the fuck are the full strikeforce,wec, and pride events? If they are "constantly adding content" then a single event should have been posted by now.
2/25/14 2:19 PM
EckY
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant believe they are charging people to watch the early prelims.

Fight Pass is a joke so far, dont even have apps sorted out yet, what a botched launch, just shows UFC fans will eat up whatever shit they are fed.
2/25/14 2:19 PM
Card
2172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF China episodes are missing as well... and the Finale is this Saturday.

2/25/14 2:21 PM
dabigchet

wasn't international TUFs one of the listed benefits of UFC fight pass?
2/25/14 2:23 PM
Morgz
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still not on Apple TV Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 2:23 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When's the full library going to get added Logic? At the press conference they said everything would go up.

Is there even a dark ages event available yet? That would at least be something. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 2:25 PM
TheCrow13
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life - When's the full library going to get added Logic? At the press conference they said everything would go up.

Is there even a dark ages event available yet? That would at least be something. Phone Post 3.0

Ufc 1-16 is on there
2/25/14 2:28 PM
hendofanforlife
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, big time fail. first off, when i clicked the okay to unsuscribe, it took me to the fightpass homepage and logged me out. No confirmation page. No confimation popup or anything. So basically it was like starting a UG thread lol. 

So far, also no unsubscription email that i see and i checked my junk folder. For something involving credit cards and payments, to not have either or both of those is pathetic. 

2/25/14 2:32 PM
dabigchet

hendofanforlife - 

Okay, big time fail. first off, when i clicked the okay to unsuscribe, it took me to the fightpass homepage and logged me out. No confirmation page. No confimation popup or anything. So basically it was like starting a UG thread lol. 

So far, also no unsubscription email that i see and i checked my junk folder. For something involving credit cards and payments, to not have either or both of those is pathetic. 

yeah, i unsubscribed yesterday and noticed both of these. both very bush league.
2/25/14 2:36 PM
hendofanforlife

dabigchet - 
hendofanforlife - 

yeah, i unsubscribed yesterday and noticed both of these. both very bush league.

so without me taking further steps, right now as a consumer I actually have no idea if it worked. 

2/25/14 2:38 PM
hendofanforlife

i am patiently awaiting mmalogics post expaining this as a valuable feature. Im sure he will also touch base on the incredible FightPassVideoViewerControlBarThatNeverGoesAway. 

2/25/14 2:39 PM
Let me bang bro

the dark ages are the 20s, not the early shows.
2/25/14 2:42 PM
dabigchet

well, you can log back in and see that you have no subscriptions, which gives you a reasonable level of safety that you aren't going to be charged.
2/25/14 2:42 PM
gokudamus

hes correct...1x3=3, tripled

2/25/14 2:55 PM
DennisTheMenace
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morgz - Still not on Apple TV Phone Post 3.0
If you have Apple TV you must have iPhone which can AirPlay to Apple TV. Works great with the UFC TV app, good quality Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 3:04 PM
hendofanforlife

dabigchet - well, you can log back in and see that you have no subscriptions, which gives you a reasonable level of safety that you aren't going to be charged.

again. zero confirmation I wont be charged. No page that said it, no email. Its 2014 and I understand how hard it must be to autogenerate an email for this. Or a confirmation page/number. 

Right now we have: take their word on it because its not on the fightpass page.  Lol. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.