UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP says he has obsessive compulsive disorder

2/25/14 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TMT
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/14 10:19 PM

"As a competitor, as a fighter, it's a good thing to have it because it makes you better, because you completely obsess about being a better martial artist. Every day, everything you do is oriented toward a goal. This same obsession I had about my work, my job, to make me better, it was going to drive me crazy. That's why I took that break."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973410-georges-st-pierre-admits-he-has-obsessive-compulsive-disorder
2/25/14 10:28 PM
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His sisters name? Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 10:32 PM
Genghis84

Sounds like GSP just burned himself out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back within the next year.
2/25/14 10:37 PM
Cameron0000

Genghis84 - Sounds like GSP just burned himself out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back within the next year.
Yea he said he wanted 1 year off he''ll probably fight end of 2014 or start 2015 Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 10:40 PM
comeonman1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see him coming back by next summer at the latest. By next Xmas he will be itching to come back. I wonder what the PPV numbers will be for his return fight and if he will want a title shot right away or a tune up fight
2/25/14 10:53 PM
ShanTheMan
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he shut the door 3 times or anything or just obsessed with fighting?
2/25/14 11:00 PM
HYBRID JON
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP couldnt handel his own riddum...

2/25/14 11:27 PM
CindyO

TMT - "As a competitor, as a fighter, it's a good thing to have it because it makes you better, because you completely obsess about being a better martial artist. Every day, everything you do is oriented toward a goal. This same obsession I had about my work, my job, to make me better, it was going to drive me crazy. That's why I took that break."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973410-georges-st-pierre-admits-he-has-obsessive-compulsive-disorder
Oh... so it wasn't because Zuffa didn't get behind his VADA testing campaign like he claimed? OK.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 11:43 PM
BJ Penn Forever
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The aliens took him away from the octagon.

Or did they?
2/25/14 11:43 PM
BJ Penn Forever
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^

That was a dumb post. Just stop posting dude.
2/25/14 11:49 PM
FETT_the geek
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCD usually works in conjunction with other disorders like general anxiety disorder which are triggered by stress (I know I suffer from both).

I'm sure the years of training have put him through a heavy amount of stress and that could have potentially triggered an anxiety attack which can negatively impact logical thinking. Thus why he was putting his anxiety based fears on others.

Or I could just be an idiot lol.
2/26/14 12:16 AM
Bobby Razak
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have OCD so I get it lol Phone Post 3.0
2/26/14 12:22 AM
Spidermoore
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on Cindy, the whole VADA thing could easily be a part of the issue without it being the ONLY issue.

Don't act stupid.
2/26/14 12:24 AM
The Fella
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
TMT - "As a competitor, as a fighter, it's a good thing to have it because it makes you better, because you completely obsess about being a better martial artist. Every day, everything you do is oriented toward a goal. This same obsession I had about my work, my job, to make me better, it was going to drive me crazy. That's why I took that break."

Oh... so it wasn't because Zuffa didn't get behind his VADA testing campaign like he claimed? OK.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Dana's alt account - no doubt!

2/26/14 12:52 AM
Slowshot
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Jesus.

You're the worst.

Like the actual worst.

Worse than Abe Froman.

Worse than CRE.

Worse than Dan the Wolfman.

Just the worst.
2/26/14 12:56 AM
FETT_the geek
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slowshot - 
CindyO - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Jesus.

You're the worst.

Like the actual worst.

Worse than Abe Froman.

Worse than CRE.

Worse than Dan the Wolfman.

Just the worst.

That's just like you opinion man.

Cindy's the bees knees!
2/26/14 12:59 AM
possum jitsu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
He has symptoms of ocd or is clinical? Sounds like he's obsessive and thinks he has ocd cause that's the word folks like to throw around... Phone Post 3.0
2/26/14 12:59 AM
possum jitsu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh, I didn't mean to quote that. Phone Post 3.0
2/26/14 1:02 AM
touch
535 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn Forever - ^^^

That was a dumb post. Just stop posting dude.

lol

2/26/14 1:10 AM
TMT
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

possum jitsu - 
CindyO -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
He has symptoms of ocd or is clinical? Sounds like he's obsessive and thinks he has ocd cause that's the word folks like to throw around... Phone Post 3.0

Very good question. Below is what Dr. Gerald Nestadt had to say. He's a psychiatrist and director of the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Program at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

"The truth is unless St-Pierre has actually discussed or divulged what his symptoms are they could be anything. There’s no way of even guessing. It could be that whenever he made a move, he’d have to move his left foot first before his right foot. Or that in preparation for a bout, he’d have to go through some ritual that took an excessive amount of time away from him. But unless we know, a guess would be unacceptable.

The question, to me, is does he actually have OCD, or is he talking about being obsessed but doesn’t have true obsessions or compulsions? I don’t know."

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/does-georges-st-pierre-actually-have-ocd
2/26/14 1:18 AM
ShaqNoob
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

fuck u goof!
2/26/14 1:19 AM
Mihow

ShaqNoob - 
CindyO - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

fuck u goof!

ShaqEgg IMO
2/26/14 1:20 AM
Thingading

I made a thread right after his leaving saying I was sure this is what he had and why he needed to step away. If I can figure out a way to find my thread I would try to post it (I'm a new bluer - can I do that? Not that anyone probably gives a shit). But I knew from how he spoke and trained he had this and that it's partly responsibile for what makes him great. But it's not great when you can't shut it (OCD) off outside the ring/training and he obviously couldn't.
2/26/14 1:23 AM
FETT_the geek

Thingading - I made a thread right after his leaving saying I was sure this is what he had and why he needed to step away. If I can figure out a way to find my thread I would try to post it (I'm a new bluer - can I do that? Not that anyone probably gives a shit). But I knew from how he spoke and trained he had this and that it's partly responsibile for what makes him great. But it's not great when you can't shut it (OCD) off outside the ring/training and he obviously couldn't.

You can do a search and lilted it by the thread starter. So if you started the thread you just put your name in that section in the advanced search portion.
2/26/14 1:37 AM
Thingading

FETT_the geek - 
Thingading - I made a thread right after his leaving saying I was sure this is what he had and why he needed to step away. If I can figure out a way to find my thread I would try to post it (I'm a new bluer - can I do that? Not that anyone probably gives a shit). But I knew from how he spoke and trained he had this and that it's partly responsibile for what makes him great. But it's not great when you can't shut it (OCD) off outside the ring/training and he obviously couldn't.

You can do a search and lilted it by the thread starter. So if you started the thread you just put your name in that section in the advanced search portion.

Thanks, man. Here it is, hopefully I've done it right.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2252432

I don't know how to make it blue so one can click right on it.

Oh, and CindyO, lame post. One of the greatest of all time opens up and you give us your "I'll do or say anything in the name of Zuffa" shit? Pathetic.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.